“Excellent choice in the heart of Candelaria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zohar Hostel

You added Zohar Hostel to your Saves list
Zohar Hostel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   La Candelaria Historic Center | Carrera 4 # 9-80, Bogota 11001, Colombia (La Candelaria)   |
Ranked #14 of 183 Specialty Lodging in Bogota
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent choice in the heart of Candelaria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I spent three nights here after a less than pleasant experience at another guest house in the area and couldn't have been happier. The owners really understand what make travelers happy (clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, local knowledge, etc) and were always around to answer questions and provide advice. An amazing deal for the price and a welcome refuge in a somewhat chaotic and overwhelming city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was at Zohar again for a couple days on my trip( business) I love this place it's only a block away from the Ministry of foreign affairs by the plaza of Bolivar. I get a personal attention to my needs and my room is impeccable clean every day and another thing is that I can do a lot of work while I'm at the hostel thanks to the excellent WiFi they have through the house. The owners are always around to make sure everything is working fine and Joshua ( one of the owners) speak fluent English and Spanish great help !! The staff will do anything to please you on your needs and special thanks to the ladies who prepares the hot breakfast every morning I love the coffee. If you are looking for a safe place in la Candelaria ( Bogota ) I'll recommend Zohar Hostel and also the location is perfect near almost everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tay1128
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in Zohar Hostal for 7 nights and could not have asked for much more. Joshua and Beatriz are absolutely wonderful and truly did make the difference in my trip to Colombia and Bogotá. On top of providing a clean, well-maintained, and beautiful environment, they were also there for tips on safety, travel, food, taxi assistance, and choosing/booking tours. It is very apparent that the experience and comfort of their guests is of the utmost priority. Joshua is perfectly bilingual and a great help. The wifi and cable television are great; bathrooms/kitchen are spotless. I felt very safe here not only because of its great location, but also because of the security at the door. I cannot speak highly enough of this hostel and would recommend it to anybody traveling through Bogotá.

Room Tip: I originally stayed in the dorm for my first five nights. The beds were not the softest and the room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Palisades Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter and I just arrived back in the States after staying at Zohar Hostel for approximately 5 days during our stay in Bogota. Joshua is extremely wonderful and made us feel at home and their help in getting around Bogota was a great help for the second time because I stayed at Zohar before. The bedrooms were more than comfortable and sitting in the solarium was just divine. The location in la candelaria was perfect at only couple blocks away from the main plaza de Bolivar and some museums. The bathrooms were spotless they most clean them few times during the day. Wifi was excellent and they also provide computers just in case you do not have your own. This time my trip was for pleasure. The hostel ( Josh ) also book for us a trip to the mine of salt in Zipaquira that was a wonderful experience for me and my daughter. Definitively I will recommend this hostel to any body looking for a secured, quiet and clean place to stay in la candelaria Bogota. Thanks to everybody at Zohar for making our stay very pleasant .

Room Tip: I stayed in the second floor I think it was room number 6 beautiful room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I spent two nights in Zohar after my arrival to Bogotá and I am very glad I picked this hostel. I wasn't looking for partying or too much "young" crowd - and that was the perfect match for my search ;-)

I had a private room with a shared bath, and since the room was a bit in the back I had total peace and a very good nights' sleep. The hostel is spotless clean, the beds are very comfortable and warm (as it can get cold in Bogotá at night) and internet, hot shower and wi-fi was working fine. A breakfast is served in the morning and Joshua and his wife even serve tea when you don't expect it - a really nice and warm gesture! Joshua is providing advise and recommendations in Spanish, and does speak fluent English as well for those who aren't secure in Spanish.

The only thing I was missing was more equipment in the kitchen. But there is a microwave and corresponding dishes for those wanting to warm up food or make themselves a cup of tea or coffee. Cooking, however, is not possible.

The hostel is located in La Candelaria, easiest reachable from the Bus Terminal (just taking a colectivo which brings you straight there), and within walking distance from all other sights in the center. I would definitely recommend Zohar Hostel for those, who are looking for a quiet and peaceful accomodation in the center of Bogotá. Thank you Josh for the pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

we stayed 3 nights in a private room with bathroom

+ very helpful hosts who assist you (and do not want just sell you something...)
+ nice room with comfortable beds
+ daily cleaning
+ breakfast included (however not a big one)
+ offered us complimentary tea while hanging around
+ well situated
+ safe place
+ free and good wifi

what could be imroved in our view (details):
offer a fruit at the breakfast

our conclusion: highly recommended, we would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gonder, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a beautiful old house made into a lovely hostel morel like a boutique hotel. Joshua and Beatriz are so kind and helpful and recommended great things for us to do. The coffee was so good. Really made us feel at home and enjoy Bogota so much more. We stayed again at the end of our trip as it is in the perfect location and really comfortable and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple