“Most welcoming hostel in South America” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zohar Hostel

You added Zohar Hostel to your Saves list
Zohar Hostel
La Candelaria Historic Center | Carrera 4 # 9-80, Bogota 11001, Colombia (La Candelaria)   |
Ranked #9 of 146 Specialty Lodging in Bogota
“Most welcoming hostel in South America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend, from Ireland wandered upon this hostel by pure chance and we are so glad that we did. What an excellent hostel. We were greeted by Joshua who bent over backwards for us during our stay and had excellent English. He provided us with so much information on Bogota and also arranged tours on our behalf. He was by far the most accomodating hostel owner we have met to date. The hostel itself was gorgeous. The rooms were spacious, clean and had really comfortable beds. The leopard skinned blankets were a bonus! It was really good to be staying in such a safe location. At all times, day and night, the hostel had police close by. The internet in the hostel was super fast and the best place we have come across for uploading pictures. Our stay was relaxing especially having moved here from another hostel close by who messed up our booking. Excellent value all round. We would recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: From what we heard from other guests, all rooms are excellent. No complaints.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

A great location, very clean, great value, and fantastic owners. Good choice of either a small dorm or private rooms. My bed in room 7 was probably the most comfortable that I have ever experienced while traveling. TV's in rooms. Towel. Breakfast and coffee included, which was nice. Internet terminals and wifi included. The wifi signal even reached my room, which is something you don't always get in a lot of hotels. Hot shower. Keep up the great work, Joshua. I will return one day.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Randwick, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Joshua is a helpful guy who went out of his way to make ours a relaxing stay after our bad experience at a previous 'hostel'. Highly recommended if you hope for a place to rest and not a 24 hour drinking holiday.

• Stayed January 2013
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed for one week in Bogota in Hostel Zahora. The Hostel is in a beautiful, renovated, colonial building and located in the historic center, it is safe and clean. The beds are very comfortable. Excellent - Wifi- Access and computers are also for free use in the common area.
Joshua and Beatriz speak English and Spanish and take really good care of their guests. They help with the organisation of tours and information about Bogota and Colombia. I enjoyed my stay a lot and can really recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the most welcoming place we have stayed in our 5\6 month travel. Joshua and his wife have taken extra special care in ensuring that our stay has been comfortable and enjoyable.

the hostel is safe, quiet, very clean and has excellent wifi access. The breakfast was good and coffee throughout the day. Showers were hot an powerful!!!!

1min walk to Botero Museum which was awesome, and only three blocks from Bolivar plaza.

the orthopedic mattresses mended my back after an 18 hour bus.

The best thing about the hostel has to be Joshua, giving lots of friendly advice about where to stay in the coffee region, calling cabs to the airport, advice on where to shop, eat etc. really outstanding and warm service. We even had help booking flights to the coffee region. selecting the Colombian version of the website, and with Joshua's help in translating we saved 80 pounds!

I would highly recommend a stay here if you want a quiet place to see this interesting city.This is absolutely what a hostel should be. no faults at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ledgewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've stayed for 4 days at the Zohar Hostel. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met . She explained everything I had available and gave me a cable for internet access and the password to use the service very quickly.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my apartment.
The bed was one thing that if I could take it home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable.
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hostel, but my warmest congratulations to the hostel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

Room Tip: All seems nice but the one i stayed was private single exceptional.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Zohar Hostel? Share your experiences!