“Fantastic Experience-Teen in Bogota” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
40% off room rate
Ranked #38 of 222 hotels in Bogota
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Fantastic Experience-Teen in Bogota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

So after volunteering in Ecuador for three weeks, I found that I would be flying through Bogota with a 16 hour delay. This posed a large problem as I am a 17 year old who was volunteering alone and was flying home alone. My parents were not comfortable with having me stay in the airport for that long, and so (after a large amount of research) they ended up booking me a night at Cosmos.
I got into the airport at 3 AM and ended up taking a taxi to Cosmos as we hadn't arranged shuttling. Cosmos has a policy against letting teens stay alone, but quickly worked it out with my parents.
The staff at Cosmos were extremely accommodating and welcoming. They knew I was coming and helped me out a bit. In the morning, they woke me up with a call from my father and were generally friendly.
The theme of the hotel is a little strange and the breakfast buffet was a little strange (albeit delicious).
The room was clean and modern. It was generally gorgeous. I had a very nice bathroom with a beautiful room with internet in it. It took me a minute to figure everything out as there were interesting features (the key card fits into a slot next to the door inside the room to turn on the lights, etc.) but after that, they were really cool.
In the morning, I took a shuttle to the airport. The shuttle I was on ended up running out of room, so others were left but I had no problems with it.
Cosmos helped make my trip to Colombia a lot less terrifying and I had a fantastic experience with them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cristina T, Public Relations Manager at Cosmos Insignia Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear newstarttn,

I am very glad you had a good experience in Bogotá and at Cosmos Insignia. Hopefully next time you will stay with us longer. This hotel is the newest addition to the Cosmos Family, which has been operating hotels for a long time in Colombia. We strive to make every guest´s experience a good one, so we get very happy to receive comments like yours! Thank you very much for choosing us, and thank you for your wonderful comment!

Best regards,
CTamayo

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wonderful new hotel! Very clean and comfortable with a fantastic breakfast buffet. The staff was so helpful and attentive always looking for ways to make us happy: and we were so pleased with our six night stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cristina T, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Cosmos Insignia Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear MusicalMamaUSA,

Thank you very much for your review on Cosmos Insignia. It is a pleasure for us to receive these comments from our guests! Our staff strives to make you happy, so it is wonderful to know that we are achieving our goal. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. Hopefully next time you will also enjoy our lunch, dinner and bar.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Best regards,
CTamayo

Been to Cosmos Insignia Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cosmos Insignia Hotel

Address: Carrera 11B No 96 - 59, Bogota 00000, Colombia
Location: Colombia > Bogota
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #38 of 222 hotels in Bogota
Hotel Class:4 star — Cosmos Insignia Hotel 4*
Welcome to Cosmos Insignia HotelDiscover your home away from home in Bogotá, Colombia! Cosmos Insignia Hotel is the city’s premier hotel destination, offering contemporary, affordable accommodations and outstanding facilities for business and leisure guests.Our rooms and suites are carefully designed to be the ultimate urban oasis, with flat-screen TVs, pillow top beds, and marble-accented bathrooms. Helpful perks like complimentary wireless Internet access and free daily buffet breakfast in our signature restaurant, Agata, will keep you connected and energized during your stay.Memorable meetings and events start here at Cosmos Insignia; if you’re visiting Bogotá on business or planning a social gathering, allow our experienced staff to help you organize a truly special occasion in one of our six gracefully appointed event venues. From catering to audiovisual support, we’re by your side every step of the way. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Cosmos Insignia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Cosmos Insignia Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.