“Expo Feria Mayo 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Expo Feria Mayo 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited Bogota this past may for a trade show. I stayed at La Fontana, my experience was obsoletely great! customer service, security, rooms and restaurants are wonderful! however, the restaurant is a little over priced but the food is good. You can also walk across the street to grab a less expansive bite. For the American in you... TGI's is right across the street from the Hotel. It is also in a great area of the Colombian Capital.

Room Tip: I had such a great experience that the only thing I would suggest is to request a room facing the st...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AnaRomeroRuiz, General Manager at Hotel Estelar La Fontana, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Sincerely

Ana Romero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and the staff very friendly. A couple of things to note:
1) no room service
2) the restaurant is only open at certain times for breakfast and dinner only. No lunch.
3) The food served in the restaurant is basic soup and sandwiches.
There are restaurants within walking distance and delivery options. I did enjoy my stay but this hotel was chosen for me so I would have chosen a place I could get coffee anytime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rebecca

I´m very surprised, I Think you didn’t stay in the hotel ESTELAR La Fontana.

We have room service 24 hours, two restaurants available to have breakfast, lunch, dinner

Our Restaurants are open 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. with an International and a local menu, one bar where you can also find other options.

For your coffee you can have at the room with our coffee makers or if you prefer you can call room service.

I really hope your next stay in Bogota, staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is situated in a nice area that is alo secure. We could walk around and enjoy the many great restaurants and nice area. The building is astonishing. Very nice, 150 fresh roses welcome you in the lobby, nice rooms, great restaurant and dining options. The staff is very friendly and help with everything they can to make your stay as great possible. The architecture is really something to admire and the huge patio in the back area with restaurant are all cozy, warm and make you feel right at home. If you would go to Bogota, this is the place I would recommend without thinking twice. I know that this will be the hotel I will return to on my next trip to Bogota!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was 2 nights in this hotel and what i rally found special was the kindness of the hotel staff and management . They listen to theis costumers and take immediately care of eventual problems.
The staff and management would do everything to make it at your satisfaction.
I travel a lot around in the world to many hotels.
If you look for a hotel with a warm human touch i definitely advise this hotel.

Sincerely

Steinerberg, Suiza
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This time I was very unlucky and got a terrible room in this hotel. They have a wide variety of rooms! The room was very small but that would be ok if there would not be the noisy all the time, day and night. I could hear every step on the ground, there was conversation during the and even at night. There is no air conditioning! Or there is air conditioning but it is switched off, so if you keep the window closed it is sticky if you open the window, you cannot have any quiet moment.
My room was 442. If you have to stay in this hotel, try to get a room on the other side, in my opinion even the street side is better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AnaRomeroRuiz, General Manager at Hotel Estelar La Fontana, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Good evening

You are the kind of customers to help us to have a better product and improve our service.
I would like to inform you, we start to work on no noise rooms, changing windows glasses.
We're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve.
Please contact me to my e-mail; I will store on your profile the information to guarantee you will have quiet rooms.
We hope you'll choose Hotel ESTELAR La Fontana the next time you're in Bogota.

Ana Romero Ruiz
ana.romero@hotelesestelar.com
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed in the hotel 4 nights, and I have to say that this is probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in regarding SERVICE.
Service is the best attribute that this hotel has. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Rooms are very comfortable and good size.
The restaurant during dinner is excellent. The menu and the food are 5 stars as well as the wine selection.
During the lunch, the buffet system doesn't flow nicely. You probably have to wait 5 to 10 minutes to get your food. The hotel should consider in opening another buffet table on the other side of the restaurant. The waiters are also very helpful and friendly. I like to go the gyms while I'm in hotels, but in this case the gym is outside the main rooms building which discourage me to go.
Overall I would recommend this hotel in Bogota for any type of travel.

DCNY326
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because it was the site of the wedding we were attending. The hotel itself is in a pretty good spot - somewhat centrally located and close to usaquen, 92, and 82. There is a nice large, mall (unicentro) diagonally across the street with a lot of different types of stores and food options. There is also a smaller center directly across with a bunch of restaurants including Oma, McDonald's, and a couple of more authentic options. The hotel itself is lovely with a nice courtyard, gym, lobby, restaurant, and bar. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This hotel was a great choice for a wedding because of its size, party venues, chapel, and hotel accommodations of varying size and type to satisfy every kind of guest. The down side of all of those options though is that you aren't too sure (and neither is the staff) where you are supposed to eat breakfast, what amenities are available to you, etc. Also, if you opt for an apartment, you room is likely considerably older and outdated than if you go for a standard room. So, ask a lot of questions before booking and make sure you get what you want!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hotel Estelar La Fontana? Share your experiences!