“Better than Embassy Park, Not as good as Raddisson” 4 of 5 stars

GHL Hotel Capital
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 25 B N0 69A-50, Bogota, Colombia   |
Ranked #37 of 224 hotels in Bogota
San Diego, California
“Better than Embassy Park, Not as good as Raddisson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Very little to complain about here. Located in a nice area, they gave me a corner suite with a living room on the 6th floor. The room was very nice and comfortable. The restaurant was not very good, but the hotel was good overall. I did have a problem exchanging dollars at the front desk. The clerk said they did not exchange money even though the hotel guide left in the room clearly states, in English, that there is 24 hr money exchange at the front desk. The lady did not apologize or make any excuses, just told me no. When I told her the hotel guide stated the service was available she simply ignored me. The Marriott and Sheraton, which are very close, offer money exchange (Marriott only to guest) so I will consider them if I travel to Bogota again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I satayed there in my connexion to another city, the hotel has a free shuttle service to the airport, a goog room service menu, free wi-fi, kind staff and the rooms are wide and comfortable.
If you have to stay near the airpot, I recommendo you this quiet hotel

Room Tip: as tall as you can
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Greeley, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

i stayed here the first week in march 2011 with my gf and 2 yr old girl. the staff was excellent, and i do not speak much spanish. we were there for 4 nights. every time you enter the garage with a vehicle of any sort be prepared to be searched by security with bomb dogs. being from the us at first this was suprising, then reassuring, you must sign the parking ticket every time you leave. we were on the 6th floor, and the eleavator will not move without a keycard. the staff at the front desk was great, even new us by name by the second day. we asked if we could use the fitness center jaccuzi after hours and they happily re-filled it each night for us. excellent weight room. didnt dine there, but room service prices looked quite fair. laundry on sunday as well. concerge is great, and if you want a cab its only about 5 min to get a nice white one.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

This hotel was everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. The service was excelent . The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The food was to die for. The location is great and close to everything.
I would recomend this hotel with my eyes closed. I invite you to give us feed back about your experience it would help us and future travelers in new adventures.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel on 1st December and was allocated room on the second floor.
The room was massive in size, with king-size bed and seperate area with 3 piece suite (sofa and chairs with cofffee table) and bathroom was small but very clean,
The room was very clean and very quiet .

The Hotel provides free transfers from the Bogota Airport and you have person waiting for you outside arrivals with with board with your name on it. In my case my flight from UK was delayed but I was pleased the person from the Hotel was there still waiting for me. I t made me feel safe considering the bad reputation Colombia has for crime.

I used the free transfes rom and to airport and I was impresed by the service provided,.

The staff at the Reception were professional and helpful.
Since it was nearly mid-night when I checked in, I still managed to use the Business Centre to send e-mails to family and friends.

Breakfast in the morning was very good and much better then I expected. The food was fresh and well prepared and there was wide range of selection. The waiters served coffee and other beverages/

The bonus was that the Hotel was near the aiport and it was impressive and professional in all aspects. I will definatley stay there again when I go next time to Bogota. I also recommend it to fellow travellers and friends.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

On Jan. 1, 2011 we missed our flight due to a time issue from a connecting flight. Nice, clean room, linens and bed were excellent! Bathroom especially clean, friendly staff, great food in the dining room. Shuttle bus to and from airport. I even got to re-charge my Ipod. Will look to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Bayreuth, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

The GHL Hotel Capital is a conveniently located business hotel in a secure area between city center and airport.
I staied there several times and found the courtesy airport-transfer very efficient upon arrival and departure. Staff is very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast is pretty good. Close by are shops and a good Pizza-Restaurant (same block - just through the backdoor of the hotel).
The w-lan is sometimes of rather poor speed, which is quite annoying. I would rather prefer a good w-lan access against a charge than such an unstable connection free of charge.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to GHL Hotel Capital? Share your experiences!