“Exceeded Expectations” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 94 No. 19-71, Bogota, Colombia   |
Ranked #76 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
“Exceeded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This property was a real surprise. The arrival was smooth and the staff extremely polite and accommodating. My Spanish is poor but the staff here spoke English and made an effort to communicate with me. The lobby is quite spacious and check in was easy and quick.
The rooms were enormous and comfortable. The king bed felt even bigger than a king and there was a desk, a breakfast table and a couch and armchair set, with a coffee table! The bathroom was especially nice, with a huge soaking tub and marble everywhere.
The TV, while mostly in Spanish which you should expect, was flat screen and there was always something on with English. There is a fully stocked mini bar and the prices for this and room service were very reasonable.
Definitely would stay here again on my next trip to Bogota!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bogota, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks. We were moving from our apartment in Bogota and needed a comfortable hotel that could accommodate the four of us and all of our suitcases. We chose it because it was affordable, had a small kitchen, two bedrooms with a small living area, two bathrooms, and a beautiful pool for the kids to enjoy. The pool was definitely the best part! It's beautiful. The breakfast buffet in the morning is also a great perk. Fruit galore, great coffee, and service. Now for the negatives: The rooms were dingy and dark. We all had black socks after walking on the worn-out, stained carpet. The lighting is pitiful. We could barely see what clothes were in our closet. The kitchen was not stocked with cooking utensils. We had a microwave, fridge and stove top. It was fine for cereal and sandwiches, but that was about it. The cleaning staff often came to clean the room around 2:00 p.m. even after we would request a 10:00 a.m. cleaning time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Huatulco, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I went to Bogota for a conference and stayed at this hotel because it was where the conference was organized. I was very happy with the choice. First, let me say that I was a little concerned with safety in this city because of all of the negative press that it has received over the years. You could tell that this hotel takes extreme precautions in the safety of its guests. If you leave the hotel, they always check which cab is taking you where and have everything written down. If you use their parking lot, the cars are checked physically and checked over by dogs trained in sniffing out explosives. The staff is possibly the most friendly and professional that I have ever seen in a hotel. Their slogan "excellence and friendliness" describes this hotel perfectly. The suite in which I stayed was actually the size of a small apartment with a small living and dining area, two bathrooms, two large closets and a nice king-size bed. If I had to find a fault, it would be that the rooms facing the street can be noisy so if I return again, I will be sure to ask for a quieter room. Room service was very good and fast. I had a massage twice in the spa and I found the masseuse to be corteous and professional. I had all of my meals at the hotel restaurant and found the food to be quite good. The breakfast buffet was also very nice with a large selection of food options. The conference that I was attending was large and the conference facilities were outstanding. All in all, this is an excellent hotel which I highly recommend to anyone travelling to Bogota.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The hotel is very well located, close to restaurants and shops. Attention at reception and room service is great. Drinks and foods are excellent. I had two inconvenients on this hotel. The first one was related with the pick up at the airport that didn't work and I had to take a taxi. I don't think it was the hotel fault as they have the number of the taxi and the time for pickup registered in their system. The taxi driver never showed up to clarify the reason why he didn't show up. The second inconvenient was related with the cleanliness of the bathroom. I found some hair in the shower. Since I stayed just one night I didn't think it would be worthy to complain. I hope next time I can get a better luck.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

WHile the location and staff are great, the rooms are very old, and the beds are not soft and inviting. Functional but not what I expected from a Dann Carlton property. I stayed at another big name hotel and the bed alone made the other hotel twice the value at about the same price point. That said, still was an okay stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Wokingham, Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Had a great stay recently for a wedding. Lovely bar and concierge floor, pool beautifully clean and gym amazing with super views. On a negative side,a member of our party was robbed at a tourist spot and the hotel could not have been more helpful - as not many people speak English they helped us report the crime. Guest Services were quite superb.

Room Tip: Great security on the fifth floor