“Your mileage my vary” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 224 hotels in Bogota
Cleveland
“Your mileage my vary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

The hotel wasn't as nice as I expected based on the reviews I read. The room we had was a junior suite, supposedly non-smoking. Upon arrival at the hotel, the front desk staff were pleasant. They allowed us to check-in and eat breakfast even though we arrived very early. The continental breakfast was decent.

The room itself was a disappointment. As soon as we entered the room, it had a vague odor which I later realized was stale cigarette smoke. The room decoration and furniture were modern, and the bed was comfortable. The television was very out-dated.

The bathroom needed remodeling. There were holes in the wall where there used to be a telephone. My wife and I tried to take a bubble bath in the dingy whirlpool tub, but the plug was damaged. After that, we tried to take use the shower which would constantly change temperature. The shower stall door was difficult to close which allowed it to leak. The was only one piece of soap in the room even though there was a kitchenette with a sink, a sink in the bathroom, a tub and a shower.

When we checked out of the hotel, we mentioned that we were supposed to have a non-smoker's room. The front desk staff didn't bother to respond. So, that was my experience at the Casa Real. Your mileage my vary.

If you're planning to go to Bogota, select your hotel early because last minute shoppers will have few good options. I've stayed in more than a few hotels in Bogota and each has room for improvement. Or, you can wait until 2010 when the new Marriott is completed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

We stayed inthis hotel for four nights. It is located 1 1/2 blocks away from Parque de la 93. A place full of the best restaurants of Bogota and exciting nightlife. The staff is very friendly and willing to help all the time. They help you make your stay as pleasant as possible. Zona Rosa is only a few minutes away by taxi. There are great malls in the area too. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Windermere, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

I've been to Bogotá three times in the past year for work and this is by far my favorite of the three hotels I've stayed in (the other two were the Tequendama and the GHL Comfort Los Heroés). The hotel is located in Parque 93, a very safe neighborhood in the north of Bogotá. As a single female traveler, I never felt at all cautious or unsafe about the hotel or walking around the area by myself. There are lots of restaurants and coffee shops about three blocks away in Parque 93 or about a 15 minute walk to the shopping areas / Zona T. For me, the hotel's location was perfect - very close to the Parque 93/Zona T neighborhoods without any of the noise.

Once I arrived, I was given a welcome gift of artisinal chocolates, offered a drink, and taken upstairs to my room. The room was enormous, one of the largest I've ever stayed in. It was set up like a mini-apartment, so there was a kitchenette, a sitting area, the bed, and then a very spacious bathroom, complete with a jacuzzi. I had made a standard booking via my company's travel agent (couldn't find a website or I would have booked it myself) and was very surprised at the extra large size and jacuzzi. The rooms had free wi-fi, which could handle Skype calls and ichat. The prices are extremely fair, especially for the area. In my experience breakfast was about average, with a nice selection of tropical fruit. I especially enjoyed the turn-down service, which came with another piece of the chocolate! The staff was very accommodating, and on the day I checked out of the hotel I was feeling sick and they gave me some Alka Selzer and water to take with me in the cab. Definitely would recommend to anyone visiting Bogotá!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

So many pleasent experiences at this location, there is not enough room for my review. Prices are reasonable, breakfast selection excellent, rooms (suites) have more than enought room. You may get a better rate by requesting from the Hotels web page www.casareal.com.co Many of the online sites say that there is a swimming pool, there is none. My compliments to the hotel staff.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

After living in Bogotá for many years, I returned to celebrate Christmas with family and stayed at this boutique hotel. Casa Real exceeded all of my expectations! Their staff was amazing and made sure that I felt at home!! The location is perfect, approx. two blocks from my favorite park with all the best restaurants in the city. They helped us find a private driver and provided guidance on getting around town. When we caught a cold, they gave us warm tea and lit the fireplace. Their hospitality could only be exceeded by the excellent accommodations and ideal location. The hotel is tucked away in an upscale part of town, surrounded by parks and embassies.

Even with endless offers from family members and a plethora of guest bedrooms to stay in, I can guarantee that Casa Real is my new home away from home!!

• Liked — Their hospitality and location (plus the amazing breakfast included with the rate!)
  • Disliked — that my vacation ended too soon!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

The hotel on Calle 93 was very close to fine restaurants , in an upper scale and quite area. This was my first trip to Bogota and I enjoyed the stay in Casa Real. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good, and room was very clean. My only concern is that the bathroom in the room on the ground floor did not have a vent.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nottingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

One night at this botique hotel was not enough! The suite rooms are highly contemporary and decorated/furnished with great flair. It was very well equipped, the bed was comfortable and everything worked perfectly in the sizeable bathroom .

No praise too high for the hotel staff who provided charming, friendly and helpful service. It is conveniently located with many interesting/useful venues close by.

A highly welcome and pleasant change from bland corporate hotel chains.

• Liked — The room decor, friendly staff, location.
  • Disliked — having to leave after only one night
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Casa Real? Share your experiences!