“Great stay, at an excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel to your Saves list
Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 100 No. 18 A -30, Bogota 14225, Colombia (Santa Bárbara)   |
Ranked #46 of 224 hotels in Bogota
Miami, Fl
“Great stay, at an excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had a short stay in Bogota, however the Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel was fantastic. The location, service, facilities, everything was perfect, and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

We arrived to Bogota at 1 am and had pre-arranged transportation to the hotel. The driver was already waiting for us, and was really helpful and friendly. Check in was flawless and the entire process took only a few minutes. Breakfast was awesome. They have all kind of breads, cereals, cold cuts and warm food, and even offer local dishes such as soup and calentado. The service is outstanding, and their staff couldn't be friendlier.

We had also pre-arranged a tour of Bogota with the hotel, and it was excellent and not expensive at all (about $ 130 for two people, for a personal driver taking us all over Bogota). The driver was helpful and knowledgeable, and super friendly, as everyone in Bogota.

Thank you very much for making our short stay in Bogota a delightful one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a good choice for a nicely appointed hotel in downtown Bogota. The staff is really what makes this place shine. From the moment you step into the hotel you will be surprised at the amount of personal attention that you will receive. The lobby and bar area are nicely decorated, but the bar closes way to early for a hotel in South America. The restaurant is excellent in presentation and staff as well. I have stayed here many times for business and they always are welcoming me and treating me like family. They are concerned about every detail and very prompt to respond to your desires. The best tip I can give you is that there are several styles of rooms, I would try and ask for a room ending with an even number as there is construction outside the odd number rooms. The even numbered rooms also are more likely to be updated with wood floors and fresh paint. They are comfortable and spacious considering the downtown location. The bathrooms in each room are large and feature a very large soaking tub and marble surrounds. All and all this is a great choice for a hotel in Bogota and I am sure you won't be disappointed with their excellent service!

If you found this review helpful, please indicate so. Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2013
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I visited this Hotel 8 years ago and booked it again by coincidence. They refreshed the Hotel during this period but it is still a little bit outdated. The hotel is central located. Buffet Breakfast is very good and at lunch time you must try the Ajiaco. The Gym is not very good equipped, not professional, needs attention.

Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you expect anything special, just forget about it. The term average has been found for this hotel. There is nothing good about it and there is nothing bad also.
Rooms are average, food is average, location is not the greatest. So I would call this hotel as AVERAGE.

There is something missing. There is no spirit. I won't stay there again unless I have to.
My company booked this one because the others were not available.

Room Tip: No special tips!I believe all the same.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Retiro, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was chosen for its amenities and closeness to the national visa office (2 blocks away). Check-in was efficient and cordial, greeted with offerings of juice and finger sandwiches.
Our accommodation was an executive suite: living room and bedroom sharing entry to a washroom and bath. The suite was not optimally configured, being long, with L-shaped placement of (vinyl) sofa a loveseat far way against the window, making viewing of the HD TV awkward since it was against the far opposite wall in the shelving atop the minibar. The only comfortable TV viewing was in the bedroom, in bed. (There is only one remote control to be shared between the TVs.)
Colombia does not traditionally use much carpeting, so the living room used wood floors. But the bedroom had a thin wall to wall (almost outdoor) carpet.
A highlight of the hotel is the dining offerings. We enjoyed complimentary breakfast at LA MACUIRA, the basement restaurant. Breakfast was really sumptuous, with all imaginable offerings including an omelet station. Service was also incredible, with a server at your elbow to fulfill any desire from cappuccino to ice water.
The restaurant was full for lunch, I suspect due to many conferences being held at the hotel rather than any particular elan of the food. We declined the last table, situated at the entry.
One night was set aside to try the hotel's premium restaurant, CARPACCIO, which was truly excellent.
Airport transportation was reasonable and secure at 30,000 pesos.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I've spent the last two nights at this hotel and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is very kind, helpful and courteous. They helped me find some salsa clubs and provided me with an umbrella when it rained. The roof top restaurant offer a great view and exceptional price for the plates I purchased. The rooms are super clean and the soaker tub is great. Gym is a little small but it does the job. The spa offers massage at a great price. It's near to some nice restaurants which are in walking distance but they push you to take a taxi for your safety. I will for sure return here next time I find my self in Bogotá.

• Stayed May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a quick trip to Bogota - only three days. I arrived at this hotel in the evening and was greeted warmly by the staff in the welcoming lobby of the hotel. Within minutes one of the hotel workers took me and my bags to my room. Since I was checking out the hotel as a possible convention site I was given a very nice suite to stay in. My room had a large master bedroom with flat screen TV and large windows on two sides with great views of the city and the mountains. It also had a sitting room with a table, chair, large couch, and a single chair with flat screen TV. The bathroom was also very nice.
The breakfast in the lowest floor was really impressive with lots to choose from - hot and cold. Naturally, with this being Colombia, the coffee was very good.
I was able to use my complimentary drink on my last evening and enjoyed what the waiter told me was "Colombia's best beer!" A Club Colombia. It was very good. I enjoyed sitting there watching the Colombian national soccer team take on Quito while I drank my beer, checked email on my iPad, and visited with the staff.
On my last full morning I was able to go for a walk in the area surrounding the hotel. It is a very nice part of town and I was told it was safe here. Of course, you shouldn't do anything stupid no matter where you are. I like architecture and right across the busy street is a big Catholic Church that was interesting to investigate.
The weather in Bogota is always nice - of course, it rained in the evenings but this is normal. I had a jacket or light sweater with me all the time.
Only downside is the very heavy traffic in this city. So heavy that personal cars may only be driven on odd or even calendar days depending on your odd or evening license plate. Even with this restriction the traffic can be maddening. Otherwise, it was great to be in Bogota and to enjoy it from Bogota Plaza.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city in one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!