“Great Stay in Bogota” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel

You added Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel to your Saves list
Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 100 No. 18 A -30, Bogota 14225, Colombia (Santa Bárbara)   |
Ranked #57 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Stay in Bogota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a quick trip to Bogota - only three days. I arrived at this hotel in the evening and was greeted warmly by the staff in the welcoming lobby of the hotel. Within minutes one of the hotel workers took me and my bags to my room. Since I was checking out the hotel as a possible convention site I was given a very nice suite to stay in. My room had a large master bedroom with flat screen TV and large windows on two sides with great views of the city and the mountains. It also had a sitting room with a table, chair, large couch, and a single chair with flat screen TV. The bathroom was also very nice.
The breakfast in the lowest floor was really impressive with lots to choose from - hot and cold. Naturally, with this being Colombia, the coffee was very good.
I was able to use my complimentary drink on my last evening and enjoyed what the waiter told me was "Colombia's best beer!" A Club Colombia. It was very good. I enjoyed sitting there watching the Colombian national soccer team take on Quito while I drank my beer, checked email on my iPad, and visited with the staff.
On my last full morning I was able to go for a walk in the area surrounding the hotel. It is a very nice part of town and I was told it was safe here. Of course, you shouldn't do anything stupid no matter where you are. I like architecture and right across the busy street is a big Catholic Church that was interesting to investigate.
The weather in Bogota is always nice - of course, it rained in the evenings but this is normal. I had a jacket or light sweater with me all the time.
Only downside is the very heavy traffic in this city. So heavy that personal cars may only be driven on odd or even calendar days depending on your odd or evening license plate. Even with this restriction the traffic can be maddening. Otherwise, it was great to be in Bogota and to enjoy it from Bogota Plaza.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city in one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We were gathering in this hotel for a meeting with others from throughout South America, so this hotel was chosen by a local colleague from Bogota. I have to say that I was extremely impressed. The rooms are quite large, and are super clean. The bed was perfect for me! Wonderfully ironed white sheets...I always think that makes a room look cleaner. There's a safe in the room, always a plus. Wonderful wood armoire to hang up the clothes. I was surprised that they distributed slippers (comfy). For me, one of the best things a hotel can offer, is windows that open. Although small, the tall narrow window did indeed open and that allowed me to experience a little more of the hustle of Bogota. Wonderful huge bathtub, there was tons of room to shower in! Ample towels, ample amenities...both free and for sale. I was also impressed with the opportunity to be able to recycle papers etc. or to just use the garbage. Quite a modern hotel.
I must echo everyone's opinion about the buffet breakfast. A very large selection of fruits, breads, yogurts and the absolute best coffee I had in many years.
Yes, there was a large security presence, but I didn't find it annoying or a bother.
The staff was friendly, helpful and very cordial. Service was not only prompt and efficient, but it always came with a smile.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Good location for business, near to good restaurants, the only bad think about the hotel is the loyalty program. You are not allow to accumulate miles if you use your corporate rate.
Restaurants are good and the service is outstanding, small gym but good and the Internet service is fast .

• Stayed April 2013
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I liked this hotel so much that I came back. This is my second stay here in 4 months.

The room and hotel is very clean. The beds are very comfortable. The gym and spa are top notch. If you like massages, they are the best!

The friendliness of the staff from the front desk, room service, bell man, and spa are out of this world. The front desk staff speaks English. Not sure about the rest as I speak a little Spanish.
The area is very quiet. I was able to sleep without any road disturbing me.

I gave only 4 stars because of the problem I had on check out. This was a business trip and the room was reserved by a guaranteed payment by a corporate credit card. The hotel had the business credit card on file but the front desk agent refused to charge it saying they didn't have authorization to charge it. He could not contact anyone from Reservations to confirm the guaranteed payment.

I had to leave to catch my flight so I paid for it on my credit card. Not a big deal but i travel a lot and these unexpected expenses will add up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

By far, this is a excellent property that truly is beyond any business traveler expectations.

This is not only well located but also the hotel it self is safe, very clean and the restaurant is really good with sorts of good and plenty food to choose from.

The only downside I could highlight is that their security staff is overwhelming requesting IDs and questioning your guests at the meeting rooms...not a good idea Hotel Manager need to look into it.

Overall, I'll come back and highly suggest to other travelers.

Good luck amigos!

Room Tip: Breakfast on Saturdays...excellent with plenty of local good tamales and huevos pericos...highly rec...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in the Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel from Februrary 1 until February 4. This was my first trip to Bogota and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel and the friendliness of its staff. I got to know a couple of them by name and they were always quite helpful. I had a junior suite room and was glad that I did because the sitting area came in handy when guests visited. The breakfast buffet was extensive and of good quality. Free Wi-Fi in all areas that was of acceptable speed and quality. The room was clean and was able to watch the superbowl right from the comfort of the bed! The only downsides to this stay was that the hot water was turned off late one night for maintenance (which I couldn't fault too much) and that they charged me for items from the mini-bar that I didn't actually consume. It amounted to only a few dollars, so I just let it go rather than arguing over it. Other than that, it was a quality stay and I would return the next time I am in Bogota.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Having stayed for one night in one of the top listed places in Candelaria we speedily transferred here.

Got an executive room for a good price with 2 really comfortable double beds, huge room with tons of storage, desk for working and extra seating.

Gym is unusually good for a hotel and included as is the extensive breakfast buffet.

Excellent service with attention to detail. recommended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!