“Great location & service!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santafe Boutique Hotel

You added Santafe Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Santafe Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Pepe Sierra (Calle 116) No. 15 - 64, Bogota 110111, Colombia (Santa Bárbara)   |
Special Deal
Save on Tour tickets
Ranked #81 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great location & service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I went to Colombia for a wedding. The hotel was extremely accommodating. There are many employees that speak English which is a huge plus!! The rooms were big & clean. Great value. Breakfast is included...cereal , eggs, juice, breads, other Colombian traditional breakfast items as well. Happy hour nightly at the bar. Hotel offers a car service for a minimal fee if you need transportation which i recommend especially if you are not fluent in spanish. They are great at recomending restuarants & places to go. I would definetly stay here again if I travel to bogota!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here because of a business trip and didn't expect too much from it but specially the room was beyond my expectations. The bed is cozy, it has a little living room and the bathroom has a nice tub. Everything very clean.
The staff is very friendly and they helped me with a problem I had with a taxi cab. The breakfast could be better but I tryed some popular colombian food.
Everything is little but nice and clean. I will return and recommend it for short stays.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, KY, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I travelled with my wife and 3 kids (11,11 & 5). As advertized, we booked a room with 2 Queen beds. Upon arrival, we were told that there are no such rooms with 2 queens - and they put us in a room with 2 doubles. The check-in and concierge staff was quite friendly. I agreed to pay extra for my 5-yr old, but I told them that I was disappointed, because I wouldn't have made reservation if not for the fact that the third party website advertized their room as having 2 queens. We could have taken one of the other cheaper options of hotels in similar class.

We arrived early, so they were good to us by giving us the room early. They hotel arranged for car. I was able to get a good price by negotiating directly with the driver who they contract. At the end of they day, the hotel offered us to move to another room which was bigger than the one we checked in, and could accomodate another bed.

We moved to this room, but it had a broken flush in the toilet - which we discovered too late.

At check-out, I had to point out some billing discrepancy, wherein they had put charges for the mini-bar of items that we had not consumed, and which were still there.

I think, for the price, there should certainly be better properties in Bogota - but the excellent customer service somewhat made up for the mediocre property.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I come to Bogotá 3 times a year for business, I stayed in other 5 stars before but was always treated like a number. The Santa Fe offers Junior Suites for only US 145 (!!) with breakfast and the best hotel service I've seen around. Internet included and an agreement to a nearby great gym for free (the hotel even drives you and picks you up with no fee), makes this deal he best for a business traveler! I am greeted with a smile by every single worker every time I enter or leave the hotel, they all ask me how's my staying and if I need something else. On a Sunday while the banks were closed, instead of exchanging my money with a bad exchange rate, the lady at the reception even offered me cash while just adding it as an expense in my bill - ne at the hotelver seen this before! Small with great rooms, incredible service and benefits, absolute no reason to stay elsewhere!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

If you're looking for a 5 star hotel, this is definitely not it!! Maybe a 3 star hotel, or maybe not. It was clean and the staff was very attentive. The room was ok, but the bathroom had cracked tiles. The mattress was just ok. This hotel doesn't have air conditioner, so you have to sleep with the window open... and you can't sleep with all the noise from the street. Breakfast was very bad, even for a "3 star hotel". Overall, I would't stay here again. Try the Holiday Inn Express, it has a great location and is very modern.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Bogota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

The Hotel is small but the service is great, the food was delicious, their speciality is paellla which I recommend. The people at the hotel are very friendly and useful. The area near the hotel is great for walking, very safe and clean.
The city has "ciclovia" during the weekends and the Hotel rents bycicles if you need one to go to the ciclovia. I will definitely recommend this Hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I booked for one week via the hotel website a Penthouse suite. Upon arrival the checkin desk advised that there were no Penthouse suites available. I asked why and they said "they were either blocked out in the system"(I don't know what this means) or "they were closed for maintenance". They made no effort to find anything else for me. I then asked if there were any other rooms with a kitchen and they advised "no they are all booked out in the system". So I asked if there were any other alternatives and this was met by silence. It so was so weird - like they were on strike or on a go slow or something but it was very strange. Maybe she had just asked for a payrise and they had said no so she was taking her revenge. In the end I wasn't getting anywhere so the company i work with organised another hotel for me.

I travel a lot through latin america so I'm used to slack service but this has to take the cake. First time in constant travel for 9 years that a reservation has not been honored.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Santafe Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!