“Another wonderful stay at the Hotel Charleston Casa Medina” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Medina Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 7, 69A-22 | Cundinamarca, Bogota, Colombia   |
Ranked #26 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Houston, Texas
“Another wonderful stay at the Hotel Charleston Casa Medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My fiancee lives in Bogota, so I travel there quite regularly, and my hotel of choice is the Hotel Charleston Casa Medina. I think I have now stayed at the Casa Medina about 21 days since July, and each visit I am more and more impressed. The rooms are elegantly acquainted, location is perfect, and the service is friendly and prompt. I cannot say enough nice things about the Hotel and its outstanding staff.

Mike Barnholdt

Room Tip: On this visit, I had a suite with a nice leather couch and sitting area, and two patios. It was a g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
charlestonHotelGroup, Director Comercial at Casa Medina Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear about your experiences at Hotel Charleston Casa Medina. We are glad you enjoy your stays and we thank you for being a repeat guest! Hope to see you again soon, at this, your home in Bogotá.

Ana Maria Tello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I lived in the Casa Medina hotel during my business trips to Colombia. Good location (walking distance to my office), breakfast was nice. Warm atmosphere and very intelligent staff.
I strongly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
charlestonHotelGroup, Director Comercial at Casa Medina Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to hear you have enjoyed your stays, especially coming all the way from Russia! We thank you for your kind comments and recommendation and hope to have you as a guest again the near future.

Best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I picked this hotel because I thought it was going to be classic and traditional, first at all it doesn´t has an A/C basic for me , and all though it was cool outside if you open the window you heard all the noise from outside, the room was nice and big with all the amenities, free WiFI and the G Zone ( gourmet zone is around the corner) my advice check trip advisor first before making any reservation I did not pay attention to their recommendation ,it was better and cheaper

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear the lack of A/C was inconvenient for you, as you mention, Bogotá has cool weather and our rooms are not particularly hot. We are glad to hear you that besides that issue, you enjoyed your room, the amenities, and the hotel's location.

All the best,

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a beautiful old historic hotel located in a great area of central Bogota, the Chapinero district. It feels like a Spanish colonial hacienda, with exposed wooden beams, stained glass, ornate ironwork flourishes, and intricate carvings. There are flowers everywhere, especially hydrangeas and orchids. I have stayed there twice in one of the suites for an extended weekend (3-4 nights). They were spacious and comfortable. WiFi is free, and there is an iPad in the room for guest use. I found the staff to be warm, attentive, and friendly. The service is outstanding. We loved the terrace restaurant that has both indoor and outdoor seating. The food is superb, and there is also a pizzeria. I highly recommend this hotel. When I return to Bogota, I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for sharing you review of Hotel Charleston Casa Medina. It is a great pleasure to get your positive feedback and to know that you have enjoyed your stays at our hotel. We always aim to provide the highest standards of service and are glad to hear that was your experience. We hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently spent a week in this very elegant hotel and would call it one of the nicest business hotels I have ever been at. The very special atmosphere combined with top-notch business accessories such as high-quality wireless internet, business center, meeting rooms and the unforgettable service by the entire staff make this an outstanding place. The stay is rounded up by culinary experiences that combine local food with international cuisine, great wine lists and all of this can be enjoyed in different locations such as the trattoria, the terrace or the bar.
I loved the stay and would like to be soon...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
charlestonHotelGroup, Director Comercial at Casa Medina Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of Hotel Charleston Casa Medina. It gives us great pleasure to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from the ambiance to the food and the service. We sincerely hope we get the chance to have you as a guest again in the near future.

Best regards,

Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed a weekend night in Bogota in one of the junior suites. It's a pleasant enough property with plenty of security and next to some good places to eat. Inside it's unusual, with long corridors. It's a quiet place and some of the art is pleasing. The room was good with interesting furniture. Of particular note was an excellent bathroom with good lighting and a fine shower. The wifi - free and without password was fast.
The check in staff weren't wonderful - nothing major you just got the impression you were disturbing their chatter. We had breakfast on the terrace (not a cheap option, but presented well) and the staff seemed keen to move us on quickly, clearing away unfinished food items and stopping offering coffee. At the other end of the terrace a gentleman in sunglasses and his party was getting plenty of attention (our server actually left in mid order to go to that table). I guess on a dull, drizzly morning in Bogota shades either indicate the mother and father of a hangover or you are someone famous. My guess is the latter. We were told that two famous singers were staying at the property that weekend.
Would we return? Well the fireplace in the room looked inviting for a cold wet night in Bogota. The location was reasonable but service wasn't quite there. It's not as luxurious in fittings as the Sofitel or the sister Charleston property. It's an interesting choice, but at the price I wasn't totally convinced.

Room Tip: The junior suite was a good choice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
charlestonHotelGroup, Director of Sales at Casa Medina Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of Hotel Casa Medina. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room- in particular the bathroom and the Internet service. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear you felt our staff was not pleasant enough. We pride ourselves in offering first-class service and we feel this is uncharacteristic of our staff. We hope to have the chance to change that impression in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel but did tour the rooms and was very impressed. It looked like a really nice boutique style hotel with very nicely decorated rooms. I was invited to a luncheon that the hotel held in their backyard patio and while the service was extremely attentive and very friendly, the lunch choices were dubious at best. I found it odd that a fairly nice and somewhat elegant hotel would serve unimaginative sandwiches to our group of travel professionals! They were served with a smile - but in a country filled with fine foods it was a real disappointment for sure. So, that said, the hotel looked extremely comfortable - the staff was very attentive but I recommend that you check on the food because a concern to me is that any operator that has a dozen of the top travel professionals to entertain for two hours and decides that cold cuts are the way to impress - makes me wonder!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
charlestonHotelGroup, Director Comercial at Casa Medina Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of Hotel Casa Medina. We are glad to hear your impressions on the facilities and the staff, however, we are quite sorry to hear that you weren't impressed with the food. We are known for the quality of the dishes in our regular menu, in particular our famed breakfast and the Italian specialties of Trattoria Santa Lucía, so we hope to get the opportunity to serve you again in order to change your impressions.

Ana Maria Tello

Been to Casa Medina Hotel? Share your experiences!