“Pleasant stay ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 230 Hotels in Bogota
New York City, New York
“Pleasant stay ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed here for a week and got to know this hotel quite well. The staff is very friendly and was accommodating of my lack of Spanish speaking skills. The hotel is very clean. The room I had was spacious, as was the bathroom. There is a pre-stocked refrigerator, but there is still room for your own drinks. You have the option of changing your sheets just by placing a card on your bed. The turndown service leaves a different treat on your bed each night. Speaking of the bed, it is very comfortable. It's hard to get up in the morning when you combine the comfy bed with the electronic window shades. Breakfast is included and is delicious. Custom omelettes, pancakes, French toast, fruit, and local selections. The gym could use a little work. The cardio section is fine, so is the indoor pool, but the weight lifting area reminds me of the setup I had in my garage in high school. Luckily there's a gym 4 blocks away called Body Tech that is a great facility. I used the spa for a massage (about $60 for 80 min) and it was well worth it. I also had access to the club level, so each night I would grab a decent snack before heading out. The hotel is in a convenient location to the airport and has plenty of restaurants with in walking distance (and two inside the hotel itself, plus a bar.) I would stay here again for sure!

Stayed July 2014
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Good day dear Guest:

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I thank you for the important review you have shared. For us it is really important to get the feedback from our guests and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the one week stay at our Hotel.
Your review is a great way for clients to know the services, facilitites and customer service we have. I am going to share the comments with all the team and we hope we can have you again soon in our Hotel.

Dario Gonzalez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at that hotel for 3 nights in July 2014. My room was somewhat small compared to other Sheratons where I have stayed before. The service was excellent and always with a smile attached to it. Breakfast was included and excellent. I had dinner twice there and the food was well prepared and tasteful. Shuttle from and to the airport was included with a nice welcome at the airport. You will need transportation to go to downtown as the hotel is located away from the center of the city. But it is only 15 min from the airport which is nice for early morning flights.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Good day Mr. Bernard A :

Thank you for the great review and score about our property. I am glad you enjoyed the service and the benefits included in your rate.
Please note we offer different room types so on your next visit you can choose a bigger room.
We hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a nice place close to the airport the shuttle service was on time and the driver was very helpful if you have an early flight to catch. The staff are all helpful and always asked if they could help you more. Rooms are nice and modern and the hotel food is adequate but you can find more food nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Good day Mr Scott8446:

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Bogota Hotel. I am glad to know you enjoyed the stay and I thank you for the important feedback.

We hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I spent two nights here in early June. Everything worked like clockwork yet the place has personality. The staff was the best part. They met me at the airport on my late night arrival and drove me back for my departure. I used their business center and the staff was very helpful. Each morning I enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet. Once back home I discovered that I had left a few small personal items possibly in my room. I contacted the hotel and they confirmed that they had found and were holding them for me. At my request they sent my belongings to me by FedEx. Sheraton Hotels sets a high standard. The Sheraton Bogota is right at the top. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I cheated. I was on a "preferred" floor. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Good day Mr. Jerryh8

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for staying in our Hotel during your last visit to the city. I also appreciate that you shared your great experience through Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the service received from our staff.

We look forward to your next stay.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We just had 36 hours in Bogota, and this Sheraton property was quite nice. It's definitively good if you need something by the airport. We were there on a Sunday followed by a holiday, so getting around town was easy because there wasn't any traffic. Not sure how that changes on a normal day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Good day dear Guest:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for your evaluation of your stay in our Hotel. We hope you choose us on your next visit to the city of Bogota.

Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed two nights in this hotel and all went very well.
Hotel is well located. Hotel will provide pick up at airport. Rooms are right size, clean and well decorated. Wi-Fi is much faster than I am used to in Latin America. Spa is fantastic and it is included in your rate.
Hotel is featuring great breakfast buffet.
Only negative point is that there only a few restaurants around the hotel so you are "stuck" with hotel restaurant. Selection of food is good but it is expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Good day Mr. NayiU

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I am glad to hear you chose our Hotel for your last visit to the city.

Thank your for sharing your experience and evaluation of our property and services.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

All was fine from check in to check out: wi-fi, late check out, room, breakfast, VIP lounge upstairs, restaurant (potato soup, tuna steak) etc. Great staff too. Well done. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Good day Mr. Anthony D:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for the great appreciation of our Hotel. I am glad to know you had a good experience.

We look forward to your next stay.

Dario González

Been to Sheraton Bogota Hotel? Share your experiences!