“Only if you have to ...” 2 of 5 stars

Sheraton Bogota Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 25 B 69 C-80, Bogota, Colombia   |
Ranked #70 of 231 Hotels in Bogota
Berlin
“Only if you have to ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

If you need to stay close to the airport this hotel is acceptable.
But:
- small rooms
- small gym with 3-4 workout machines
- far far away from any of the interesting areas (gourmet or t-quarter)
- breakfast is on a 3star level. Very basic

All in all not impressed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Good day dear Guest :

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I thank you for let us know about your experience in our Hotel. I regret to hear we could not meet your expectations. However I would like to clarify some points of the review. Our Hotel offer different room types with special features and sizes. Regarding the machines in our fitness center we have in total 13 machines for different workout exercises. Close to the Hotel there are two important mall centers of the city, there are also nice restaurants.
Regarding the observation of the buffet breakfast I am going to share the comments with the areas involved so we can make any adjustment needed.
We hope you give us the opportunity to have you again in our Hotel and show you the true level of service our Hotel has.

Dario González

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I've stayed at the Bogota Sheraton every month for about 8 years. It has made some positive changes in the last several years and remains a competitive option geared to the business traveler while new (and more expensive) hotels such as the Marriott and Holiday Inn have sprung up around it.

The staff is friendly and attentive and I've rarely had any issues resolving complaints. Porters are knowledgeable and friendly as well. Rooms are clean most have some form of remodeling, though certain rooms have old furniture or older carpets, but for the most part the rooms are fine. They tried to save money on remodeling, so you'll find the "new" showers awkward with the handle on the opposite side of the showerhead and the showerheads are old. But the floors and walls are tile and tastefully decorated. There aren't many frills here but you'll find the standard amenities - dryer, iron, soap, shampoo, and usually a free bottle of water.

The club level has a nice breakfast, and afternoon snacks which aren't good, tv and sitting area. That's it for the club - it's not a place I care to spend any time.

The spa and gym are spacious and also remodeled extensively in the last 5 years. Nice pool, sauna, showers, changing rooms and cardio equipment. The free weights are an afterthought however, and the one universal machine is old and takes up over half the free weight area.

Breakfast is pretty nice with fresh fruits, juices, made to order eggs, breads etc. The food quality ends there, however. It isn't horrible, but it's not good either and this isn't just my opinion, I have over 20 colleagues who stay here who all say the same thing. They've added items to the menu several years ago which helped, but it is still just not very good. Meat is often freezer burned or tastes old. Bread is boring, stale, and or dry. Vegetables are hit or miss. Basically, other than breakfast, you'll want to go elsewhere for food.

The last pitfall of this place is the bar. The bartenders are nice and the bar itself is fine, with a large screen t.v. But it's pretty boring and it's rarely open. There is nothing to make it fun or interesting and no reason to want to meet there or stay for any length of time. Best to go to another hotel or bar for drinks. It's a shame too.

Also, if you want any privacy remember to put out the do not disturb sign. Otherwise, you will receive no less than 5 visits a day. One to check that your room is ok, cleaning, mini-bar, evening "treat" etc.

So bottom line is that for the business traveler who is either loyal to Starwood or wants to stay in that area without the highest price of the Marriott, but still wants a nice room, good service, and the occasional workout or swim, the Sheraton is a good bet. It's close to the airport and there is plenty to do and eat within walking distance of the hotel. If, however, you want luxury, romance, and/or top end amenities, you best look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I can tell you what rooms to AVOID. Ask that you not get a corner room off the elevator. There are...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Good day Mr. Pikagras:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I have read the important review you have shared about our property and I would like to thank you for all the observations you made.
It is really important to get the feedback of our guests and I thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel and Starwood Preferred Guest.
I am going to share the comment with all the areas and I am going to make sure they make the correct follow up regarding each of the topics you have mentioned.
We know the importance of the quality of service, food and installations. In the last couple of years we have made the total renovation of our rooms. The food in the venues of the Hotel meet the quality standards however I am going to share your observations with our Chef and Food and Beverage Manager and we will make any neccesary improvement.
We hope to you have you again soon in our Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Superb kindness and professionalism at front desk; it happened a mistake with my reserve and no rooms avalaibles, so quickly resolved with an upgrade and an apologize while the lady is smiling.

At this times of rudeness and coldness behaviour at so many hotels, stay here is a really relaxed experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DARIO G, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest " Comando23"

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I would like to thank you for sharing the important review on Tripadvisor. We do believe customer service is one of the most important values in any industry.

We hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

decent sheraton. its what would would expect. good bed, shower etc.

there is, however, construction going on. they start hammering at 8am even on weekends!!!

was a rather unpleasant surprise for me as i was jetlagged and went to sleep very late.
but if you are an early riser this won't affect you.

also, they do not care about SPG status whatsoever. they did not even put me in a SPG room, and the hotel is not booked out!

will opt not to get my SPG points next time and stay in a nicer and more central hotel in bogota.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Good day Mr. "tronicmusic"

Receive a warm greeting from all staff of the Sheraton Bogota Hotel. Your feedback is very important for us because it help us to evaluate your experience at our hotel.
I offer my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had regarding the noise that came from an exterior work that has been made in the sidewalks. I am also sorry to hear you did not feel any recognition as an Starwood Preferred member. All our team knows about the importance of this program so I am going to share this review with the front desk manager so she can make a follow up and assure this situation will not happen again.
Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and this is why we hope we can have you again in our Hotel.

Gerente General
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Everything about this hotel is fantastic! That includes, but is not limited to: airport shuttle, check-in, professional staff, wake-up call, cleanliness. I am SPG gold and was placed on the Club Level floor. I really enjoyed having a light snack and wonderful Colombian coffee available during off hours. The hotel even provided me with coffee room service since I was leaving before the breakfast was offered. I can't say anything negative about this hotel. I hope to visit again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good day Mrs. Patricia :

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I thank you for the great review you have shared. I am glad to hear you enjoy every visit to our property.

We hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

Gerente General
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel is near Bogota's airpoirt and is excelent. Its breakfast is really good and ut has two or three nice restaurants to lunch and dinner. The staff are attentives and prepared for the guests requirements. Depite of these good characteristics, the hotel is far from others places mainly from Zona T and if you are without car you'll have to get a taxi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Good day Mr Braulio D

Receive warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for sharing the experience you had in our property. I am glad to know you had a good stay with us and that you reccommend our Hotel.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Nice location, great attention from Staff. Kind-of-peruvian restaurant is very good. Rooms are in the mid-large size, well maintain. Lobby area is nice, easy access however it could be sometimes (early in the morning and evenings) very crowded. Besides lobby area, all other common areas are tired, despite the efforts to make it look and feel clean, the complete hotel need new carpets (at least the complete 5th floor)

Room Tip: as for rooms facing the internal courtyard, these are quitter!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Good day Mr. Luis V:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for let us know about the experiencie you had in our property. We thank you for the review about our rooms and restaurants. We appreciate the comment about our carpets and I want to confirm we already started the change of them( starting with our halls)

We hope to have you again soon in our property.

Heinz Linsker

Been to Sheraton Bogota Hotel? Share your experiences!