“Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 230 Hotels in Bogota
London, United Kingdom
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Quick check in. Two hour free wifi code. Wifi worked well in the room. Good sized bedroom, ipod player, good sized work desk but no coffee making facilities. Shuttle to and from the airport worked well.
Breakfast restaurant on 2nd floor was average.

Nothing special but this is a Sheraton so reliable and consistent offering.

• Stayed October 2013
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Good day SenorFirenze:

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for your important review about our services. On your next stay do not forget to visit our 24 hour coffee station in our main lobby.

We look forward to your next stay.

Heinz Linsker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Bogota for 8 days on a work trip this October. Overall I had a great stay which was down mainly to the wonderful staff.

The property is close to the airport which is handy if you arrive late at night. Just pick up an official taxi from the rank outside the terminal when you arrive. There is a free hotel shuttle but I hadn’t arranged this in advance and didn’t feel like waiting when I arrived. You are quite far out of town at the hotel but it’s in an upmarket, safe, clean, modern neighbourhood and there’s quite a lot nearby in terms of malls etc. The hotel is on a strip of other hotels so there are restaurant options nearby which will tie you over unless you head downtown. The city is huge but taxis are cheap and safe. There are always taxis waiting at the hotel but they’re private cars and much more expensive than hailing one off the street – but they are convenient.

Check-in was good. Staff speak good English here. First impressions of the hotel were that it was modern from the outside but a little dated on the inside. Then again, I find the design of the Sheraton brand around the world to be a little old – very 80s wherever you are. Security is tight here – there are guards everywhere, which seems to be the norm everywhere in the city. You need your room key to operate the lifts which is always a good sign.

I was upgraded to a Club floor (9) so had access to the lounge on the 10th floor. Apart from having coffee there every day I didn’t see much evidence that they did any more than this (others I use have things like happy hour etc – not here). I ate breakfast up here most mornings. The staff are very attentive and they have pretty much all the same options as in the main restaurant. However, the hot options on offer are incredibly strange. I don’t know if it’s a Colombian thing but they served what I would expect to see as main evening meal options each day. There was an egg chef which was good but beyond that they didn’t have hot breakfast options every day. They had things like fillet mignon, quiche, buffalo wings etc – peculiar – but not the end of the world. They did have cereals, fruit etc so.

Room service was great – and fast. I had some Colombian options when I was there – always good (if heavy) and cheaper than Western ones.

The rooms were comfortable. I spent the first night in 903 which was immediately under the serving area of the lounge above so I was woken up early in the morning by footsteps above. They moved me quickly though when I complained and I ended up in a much quieter room. The bed was good. Housekeeping was thorough (although the turn down service was inconsistent in terms of what they actually did each night). TV channels were good – one thing to pay attention to is that although most English movies/shows are dubbed into Spanish, some of the channels have the SAP option which allows you to switch to English. I discovered this after watching Titanic in Spanish!

The gym was interesting. It is used by non hotel guests who seem to use the pool mainly. There is a room full of cardio machines – but at 8,500 feet you need more than a few days to acclimatise and get used to the lack of oxygen! I’m usually more interested in the weights on offer and the machines/free weights were a little strange. The area they have for these is in a room which opens on to the pool area which is weird. They could invest in a wider range of machines and free weights as I wasn’t really able to do the workouts I wanted.

The event I attended here was very well run and the hotel’s catering & banqueting team was fantastic.

There is often free coffee/juice in the lobby area which is a nice touch – but I really didn’t care much for the powdered milk option. There is also coffee available 24 hours a day in the business centre.

For a work trip this was a good option. I’d stay here again for sure. If I was visiting the city for pleasure I’d probably stay somewhere closer to downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Good day Mr. Moaksey

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I have received your important feedback regarding the stay you had in our Hotel. It is good to know about the experience you had with us, the good things you found and the things you think we should improve.
Your review is really important for us and for all the future guests interested in staying in Sheraton Bogota Hotel.
Thank you for the time spent and we look forward to your next stay.

Lisbon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a Sheraton, so expectations were high. And in the beginning it all went well. There was a free shuttle bus waiting for me at the airport and the minute I walked in the staff was very friendly and gave me a free fresh juice.
however check-in waiting time was close to 20min! and check-out was at least 12 min. too long!
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I liked it a lot.
The breakfast so and so... for a Sheraton it was weak.
The staff was very, very friendly except for the doormen. didn't like their approach, the majority at least.
Location isn't good also. close to the airport, but very far from the center or any interesting neighborhoods.
Somethings are very nice, but others are simply below par. Namely the noise. The glass windows aren't double, simple glass means you can hear the airplanes or the street. I wish it could be better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Good day Mr. ValterNF:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. We have received and read the important review you have shared and we thank you for let us know about the experience you had in our property.
I am going to share all your comments with the areas involved so we can make sure to correct any issue presented. We are also going to make a follow up on the comment regarding the service received by the doormen.
I am also really surprised with the time spent at check in and out because this is not part of our standards.
Finally I would like to clarify that all our windows have double glass.

I hope you give us the opportunity to have you again soon in our Hotel.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice hotel, but its closer to the airport than it is to the main town.
Had to get taxi everywhere and it took about 45min-1h in the morning and evenings to get from the hotel to our offices.
There is nothing around the hotel and not much going on in the hotel bar either. We actually went to the neighbouring Marriott hotel to have a drink one night as there was at least activity there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Mr. NickLondon84:

Receive warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and important feedback through tripadvisor.

Next time when you visit our Hotel please make sure to enjoy the following options our bar offers: live music from monday to thrusday ( from 7 : 00 pm to 10:00 pm); social hour and happy hour.

San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent one night in my way to Pereira,flying from Los Angeles, and I loved it !!
The fact of the shuttle waiting for me at the airport was amazing,modern rooms,complimentary colombian breakfast with arepas and pandebono DELICIOUS.if you are visiting Bogota,I highly
Recommed stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HEINZ L, Director General at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good day Mr. Julio O:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience at our Hotel. I am really grateful for all your comments and I am going to let all my team know about them.

Looking forward to your next stay in Sheraton Bogota.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was on business...stayed for 30 days. Excellent accomodation. Great neighborhood, mall, McDonalds, Buffalo Wings all a close walk. Great breakfast, gym...everything you need. Would recommend for short or long term stay, reasonable price, Government/Embassy package available.

Room Tip: 5th floor, center...excellent WiFi signal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good day "Al S":

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I have read your important comment of our Hotel and first of all I would like to thank you for the great feedback you have sent.

These reviews help us to know about the experience of our guests.

We hope you continue selecting us on the next visits to the city.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Service from front desk is by far the WORST I have ever received at Sheraton property (I stay with spg over 50 times a year). Unexpected as service in central/south America has generally been better than US.

Rooms are actually better than typical Sheraton in US. Only complaint was that showers ran lukewarm/cold on multiple occasions; which in chilly Bogota, is very uncomfortable.

On the plus side, breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2013
Good day "Sidisu":

On behalf of Sheraton Bogota receive warm greetings. I am sincerely sorry about the experience you had at check in. One of the expectations we set for our guest is to have a memorable service so I am really sorry if this time you felt it was not that way.
I am going to review these important comments with all my team in order to take the necessary corrections. Maintenance department will also be informed about the comment of the shower.

Hope you give us another opportunity to show you the true level of service that Sheraton Bogota has.

Heinz Linsker

Been to Sheraton Bogota Hotel? Share your experiences!