“mixed feelings...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 240 Hotels in Bogota
Lisbon
“mixed feelings...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a Sheraton, so expectations were high. And in the beginning it all went well. There was a free shuttle bus waiting for me at the airport and the minute I walked in the staff was very friendly and gave me a free fresh juice.
however check-in waiting time was close to 20min! and check-out was at least 12 min. too long!
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I liked it a lot.
The breakfast so and so... for a Sheraton it was weak.
The staff was very, very friendly except for the doormen. didn't like their approach, the majority at least.
Location isn't good also. close to the airport, but very far from the center or any interesting neighborhoods.
Somethings are very nice, but others are simply below par. Namely the noise. The glass windows aren't double, simple glass means you can hear the airplanes or the street. I wish it could be better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Good day Mr. ValterNF:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. We have received and read the important review you have shared and we thank you for let us know about the experience you had in our property.
I am going to share all your comments with the areas involved so we can make sure to correct any issue presented. We are also going to make a follow up on the comment regarding the service received by the doormen.
I am also really surprised with the time spent at check in and out because this is not part of our standards.
Finally I would like to clarify that all our windows have double glass.

I hope you give us the opportunity to have you again soon in our Hotel.

Best regards,

Heinz Linsker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice hotel, but its closer to the airport than it is to the main town.
Had to get taxi everywhere and it took about 45min-1h in the morning and evenings to get from the hotel to our offices.
There is nothing around the hotel and not much going on in the hotel bar either. We actually went to the neighbouring Marriott hotel to have a drink one night as there was at least activity there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Mr. NickLondon84:

Receive warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and important feedback through tripadvisor.

Next time when you visit our Hotel please make sure to enjoy the following options our bar offers: live music from monday to thrusday ( from 7 : 00 pm to 10:00 pm); social hour and happy hour.

Best regards,

San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent one night in my way to Pereira,flying from Los Angeles, and I loved it !!
The fact of the shuttle waiting for me at the airport was amazing,modern rooms,complimentary colombian breakfast with arepas and pandebono DELICIOUS.if you are visiting Bogota,I highly
Recommed stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HEINZ L, Director General at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good day Mr. Julio O:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience at our Hotel. I am really grateful for all your comments and I am going to let all my team know about them.

Looking forward to your next stay in Sheraton Bogota.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was on business...stayed for 30 days. Excellent accomodation. Great neighborhood, mall, McDonalds, Buffalo Wings all a close walk. Great breakfast, gym...everything you need. Would recommend for short or long term stay, reasonable price, Government/Embassy package available.

Room Tip: 5th floor, center...excellent WiFi signal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good day "Al S":

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I have read your important comment of our Hotel and first of all I would like to thank you for the great feedback you have sent.

These reviews help us to know about the experience of our guests.

We hope you continue selecting us on the next visits to the city.

Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Service from front desk is by far the WORST I have ever received at Sheraton property (I stay with spg over 50 times a year). Unexpected as service in central/south America has generally been better than US.

Rooms are actually better than typical Sheraton in US. Only complaint was that showers ran lukewarm/cold on multiple occasions; which in chilly Bogota, is very uncomfortable.

On the plus side, breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2013
Good day "Sidisu":

On behalf of Sheraton Bogota receive warm greetings. I am sincerely sorry about the experience you had at check in. One of the expectations we set for our guest is to have a memorable service so I am really sorry if this time you felt it was not that way.
I am going to review these important comments with all my team in order to take the necessary corrections. Maintenance department will also be informed about the comment of the shower.

Hope you give us another opportunity to show you the true level of service that Sheraton Bogota has.

Regards,

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

the good: nice rooms, modern, flat screen tv,wifi (2 hours/day free only) quick breafast, good taxi service. it would rate a good review except for:

the bad: took half an hour to check in. and 20 minutes at 5.a.m. to check out. their pickup service at the airport, be prepared to wait. and the restaurants for dinner are simple and average quality. very crowded hotel had conventions going on main floors so restaurant for breakfast crowded. long wait to get to talk to reception for your daily two hour code for internet. if you need near airport, there are better choices. shame, with some work could be a good hotel. rooms clean and spacious

Room Tip: be a member of travelers program and get a better room. for less wait, a lower floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good day Mr. E Anthony B:

Receive greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

I offer my sincere apologies if your check in/ out were not made on the established times. This is certainly not the standard that we have. We have also noted your comments regarding the internet access and we apologize for the disappointing experience.

All the areas involved will be informed about these inconveniences in order to take corrections.

Sincerely

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights this week at the Sheraton Bogota and loved it! Wonderfully clean and modern rooms with excellent amenities.

I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet immensely. It had so many great choices and the offerings were delicious. I also at La Chimnea restaurant for dinner and had the most delightful soup.

If you're visiting Bogata, I highly recommend staying here. You simply can't go wrong...

• Stayed August 2013
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Good day Mr "Snarlz"

Thank you for sharing this important feedback and recommend our Hotel. This review is the perfect way we have to evaluate our products and service.

Hope to have you again in our Hotel.

HEINZ LINSKER

Been to Sheraton Bogota Hotel? Share your experiences!