“Clean and modern” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 224 hotels in Bogota
Newark, Delaware
“Clean and modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff. Hotel was under some maintenance and construction during my stay. While it was quiet at night there is some noise during the day, which can make sleeping during the normal work hours a bit harder. There should be no problems with the noise during "normal" sleep times.

Room Tip: I would advise on checking with hotel about the construction status if you need to sleep during the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Good day Mr. Kevin W:

On behalf of Sheraton Bogota receive warm greetings. Thanks for sharing your recently experience in our property. Sometimes there are some adjustments we have to make on some of the rooms and unfortunately this causes a little bit of noise. We do our best in order to provide our guests with all the comfort they need.

We hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

OK, there's a sign on the building identifying it as a Sheraton hotel, and they do recognize the Starwood program, but that's about it. In reality, this hotel is operated by a Colombian hotel company. My guess is that they're paying a marketing fee to Starwood to use the Sheraton name.

PROs: The hotel is close to the airport (10-15 minute drive), the staff is mostly bilingual and extremely courteous, there's a free shuttle between the hotel and airport every 20 minutes and there are several good outside dining options within a 2-3 minute walk. If you have access to the "Executive Lounge", there's a GREAT free breakfast each morning.

CONs: The hotel is showing its age. This is especially clear if you stroll through the new Marriott next door. The oddly-located basement-level indoor pool was closed and under construction as of early April 2013. The "happy hour" in the Executive Lounge at night wasn't very happy for us. We were expecting drinks, but found that fruit juice, coffee and small snacks were all that was on offer. As other reviews have noted, the check-in process is simply awful. It took 25 minutes for us to get room keys from the moment we stepped into the hotel, and there was only one couple at the counter before us. I'm not sure why one of the several other front desk employees standing around talking weren't able to help us. This is an example of something that normally doesn't happen at Starwood brand hotels. Overall, check-in was indifferent, time consuming and disorganized. The final negative item is the WI-FI. We were given access codes at check-in. The signal was strong throughout the hotel, but we had much difficulty getting our devices to connect to the internet. We thought something might be wrong with our computer & iPad, but other guests were experiencing the same problem. When we WERE able to get onto the internet, the connection was S-L-O-W.

As you can tell from this review, despite the staff being pleasant and courteous, I cannot recommend this hotel. The management team will have to make a lot of changes to make it even close to the standard I expect and regularly receive from the Sheraton chain. I am quite surprised that Starwood allows the Sheraton name to continue to be used at this hotel.

Room Tip: We made the mistake of paying extra to book a "Junior Suite". These rooms ARE larger, but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Good day "FlySeeFly"

Thanks for sharing your experience through Tripadvisor and let us know your important comments. However I would like to confirm some of the points of the comment. Our rooms, lobby and bar are recently renovated and we are also adapting the facade of our property. We would like to offer the best product and service to all our visitors.
Regarding the time of check in, this is not part of the standar we have. Unfortunately I do not have details of your stay so I can not make a follow up to see what happened in this particular situation, even though I offer my most sincere apologies if we were not able to meet all the expectations you have.
We offer 24 hours of maintenance service , if we would have known you had issues trying to connect to internet, we would have helped you.
I hope you give us the opportunity to have you again soon in our Hotel. I kindly ask you to send more details of your stay so I can make a follow up and assure this situation will not happen again. Contact me to heinz.linsker@sheratonbogota.com

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Hotel has great amenities. Indoor Swimming Pool and a great spa, a great breakfast. It is central to all things. I`ve stayed in this hotel for many years and it is always evolving for the better. I highly recomend it. Luisa Monroy the quality control coordinator is very knowledgeable and always ready to help in making your stay better. However all employees are very caring with the guest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Good day "disappointed438"

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I would like to thank you for your important comments. I am going to share it with my staff, especially with Luisa Monroy, our Quality Assurance Manager.

We hope to continue having you in our property.

Atlanta GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Just finished staying at this hotel for a week on business. I wouldn't call the hotel awful but it does need a few things upgraded to get up to the Sheraton standard. Things that I was irated about was the hotel has no ATM. I got in late one night and couldn't even get peso's to tip my bell hop. The front desk will not convert money because theymdon't carry that much cash on hand. When I called the hotel to tell them I would be VERY late due to,plane delay the operator REFUSED to,transfer me to,the front desk then she could not understand English. I had to three way a call from my daughter-in-law who is from Colombia to make sUre they didn't give my room away. The Hotel enterance.........my driveway to my home is bigger and more impressive (which isn't saying much) Personally beds were way too hard, the shower design for my room #726'was a joke. The shower door only opens halfway and on one side. The shower head is on that same side of the door opening yet the hot/cold knobs are on the other side of the shower. So you have to get in to turn it on and if your not REAL fast you'll get hit with the shower water (see picture below). I understand that not every room was designed this way as we had 7 people here with rooms however THIS one was reserved for PLATINUM members like myself....I pity what the people get that aren't so SPECIAL. OH another thing about my favorite shower. I,leaks and when you get out there is a puddle of water on the floor which is why I presume they put a drian in the floor.....REALLY?? I did have problems with the Internet but they came up and fixed that immediately with a portable hotspot. Breakfast was very impressive in the restaurant or the "club floor".
Bottom line I would rate this hotel slightly below STARWOOD standards and above average for normal hotels because it is very clean

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Good day " rfamily9"

Receive warm greetings. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to get your important feedback. First of all I would like to confirm we do recognize all our Starwood Preferred members and we thank you for be part of this important program. I am going to share all your comments with my staff because it is important to evaluate our products and services from the point of view of our guests.
We hope you give us the opportunity to have you again soon in our Hotel. Please contact me directly to heinz.linsker@sheratonbogota.com and inform me about your next stay and I will coordinate everything for you.

Heinz Linsker
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I’ve stayed at this Sheraton in 2003, 2004, and again in 2012. I recall that this used to be a Four Points, but now the price is higher and name changed. I’m fairly sure they haven’t done any remodeling since I first went there in 2003, but instead had the same tired rooms for the whole time, so you’re paying for an old Four Points. It frankly is surprising how old and tired the rooms are. For the money you pay, close to US $200, you’d expect something at lease mediocre, but it’s the equivalent of a model 6 in the US. The beds are awful weak, the bathroom amenities as cheap as they come, the carpets are old, and as a kicker, last time I went there my room stunk of cleaning supplies.

The breakfast buffet is perhaps ok.

Do yourself a huge favor if you are staying in the area, either check on the Holiday Inn next door (new, but I haven’t stayed there), or stay at the Marriott next door (great hotel, but costs more). This hotel is just as tired as it gets.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good day "MarknAmanda"

On behalf of Sheraton Bogota receive warm greetings.I would like to thank you for let us know about the experience you had in our Hotel. Regarding your comments about the conditions of our rooms I would like to confirm that all our rooms have been recently renovated. Also we meet all the quality standards to be a Sheraton Hotel.

We have also made renovations in our main lobby, bar and restaurants.

I hope you can give us the opportunity to have you again in our Hotel.

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Sheraton Bogotà is quite a convenient stay if you want to be close to the airport. When I arrived there, it took me more than half an hour to complete the check-in, as the staff was neither particularly bright or knowledgeable about English. On the other hand, the room and the breakfast totally met expectations.
Recommended, but there might be much better (e.g. the Marriott right next to it)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Good day LucaAdvis0r:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I want to thank you for let us know about the experience you had in your last visit. I want to offer my apologies if your expectations were not met because we work really hard in order to offer the best service.

Regarding our front desk staff I want to confirm they all have good level of english and we are constantly evaluating the level of them.

Once again thanks for sharing your important comments.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel is about 10 minutes from El Dorado airport. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was nice. I had trouble logging onto the free wifi in the hotel. After calling a couple of times, the hotel sent a technician up. I had a Cat. 5 cable with me and we plugged it into an unmarked connection on the wall by the desk. It worked fine.

The shower was a little different in that the shower head was on the opposite end from the shower controls. I actually liked that set up and wish more hotels would do that.

The breakfast buffet was quite extensive; you could even get an omelette made to order. The dining room is good sized and on the Sunday morning I ate there, it was quite popular after 9:30 am.

I had an afternoon flight, so I checked out around 12:45 pm with no wait. Check out time is 1:00 pm. While I was waiting for my driver, other people checking out came down and by 12:55 pm, there was a pretty sizable line that lasted until about 1:10 pm.

I was quite happy with my stay and will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Good day Mr. Dave F:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thanks for your important comments . I am glad to hear you enjoyed the visit in our property.
We hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

HEINZ LINSKER

Been to Sheraton Bogota Hotel? Share your experiences!