“Bliss!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 254 Hotels in Bogota
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Bliss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at the Boheme Royal twice in 2012 and really enjoyed the stay both time. Excellent rooms, good staff and best location in the heart of happening areas of Bogota. Hotel is very nicely located amidst a huge selection of excellent restaurants, fast food joints and shopping malls. Some services at the hotel itself need improvement such as the split air conditioner in the room can be noisy, most room don't have the heater option so you have to ask for it separately, which is a pain. The coffee shop area is quite cramped and in the morning at breakfast time it can be quite a mess. Staff is helpful and the travel desk is very supportive. Good wifi that should get extended to the rooms as well, during my stay it was available only in common areas. Will stay again.

2 Thank rakesh1198

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Good business hotel in a central location with a lot of nightlife. However, this also means that the surroundings are pretty loud and busy so you may have problems sleeping with your windows open. Good service, although breakfast quickly gets pretty boring.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tusio
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I did have a rocky start to this hotel but it did get better. We arrived on an international flight very, very early in the morning and I was desperate just to go to sleep. My room´s air conditioner was so loud the walls vibrated and shook. I rang the front desk and they immediately sent someone up to relocate me and then my next shock was the bed. It was the hardest mattress on a rock hard base that I have ever experienced in a hotel. My body actually hurt from lying on it! The rest of the hotel is very nice. Sweet little lounge area in the lobby and the restaurant is actually quite good. We were messed about with a late check out that we had confirmed only to find out on the day that we couldn´t have it. This caused a flurry of last minute packing in order to get out and to our meeting. This wasn´t a huge deal, just annoying. The hotel is located in a great spot. We felt very safe and didn´t feel the need to have any additional security, even in the evening. Definitely insist on a room on the side of the hotel AWAY from the night club next door. My colleague was kept awake all night with the thumping of music from the club. I heard nothing on my side of the hotel. I would stay there again because of the location but at least I will be prepared for the beds and the music!

Room Tip: ensure you ask for rooms away from the side of the hotel that is next to the night club
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Leigh M
Medellin, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I staid in the Boheme Royal for a full week while in Bogota on business. We live in Medellin and are thus familiar with Bogota and Colombia, but four of my very close colleagues live in the US and also joined us in Bogota that week. The area was perfect for the five of us, offering plenty of dining options, as well as shopping options for our downtime. The rooms were comfortable, the hot water reliable, and the breakfast plentiful. I particularly enjoyed the fresh waffles each morning!
What stood out to me most was the amiable staff. We were always promptly provided with safe transport from the hotel, with the drivers offering to wait for us as long as necessary. My husband's birthday actually fell in this same week, and without any prompting from me, we were surprised with a complimentary room service of cake and ice cream that evening.
Javier stood out from the staff and provided exemplary service, always with a smile, and on various occasions provided us with recommendations of where to dine or what to see during the evenings. His professionalism and confidence reflected well upon the Boheme.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a growing area, so be sure to ask for a room away from any construction noise or nig...
3 Thank memfu03
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was very happy with the service, extremely cordial. I felt like home. Javier Zarate was very kind and cordial during my stay. The hotel is an a great location, right on zona rosa, casinos nearby and shops. I would definately recommed this hotel to anyone. I travel here for business and it fits my expectations. Thank you!

1 Thank RosaDGC
BA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great Boutique Hotel, great overall service and great location to walk around, shop and get something to eat. I got sick and I did not have to ask for help getting medicine from the drugstore. Staff was very friendly and eager to help

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel_Maniac08
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel facility is very good but what surprised me is the quality of the service provided. Everyone there did a great job. I was there for a week.
The only complain I have is that they do not have heating in the rooms and it was a little cold. The area where the hotel is located gets quite noisy during night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business