“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Linden, New Jersey
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was my first visit to Bogota, and I found Hacienda to be a great hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet, and there is free internet in your room, as well as in the lobby. Quite a lot of amenities, including a small calculator for your use during the stay. The hotel is connected to a mall, and the area is nice, although a little bit far from La Calendaria. There is a free complimentary drink (2 beers or 2 glasses of wine or 2 soft drinks) on the day of your check in, and a superb buffet breakfast is also complimentary. The security in the hotel is excellent, and at the same time the staff is very nice and helpful, so you can feel like at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jefe S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Hacienda Royal, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We really hope we´ll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Guest Service Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Beautiful Hotel in great neighborhood. Rooms with stunning views, very comfortable. All you need close by, Shopping, restaurants and more. Very helpful and friendly stall. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning. All meals at the restaurant where excellent. A real pleasure to stay with caring staff everywhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent experience with us here in Bogotá. We are excited to hear that you had a great time with us and that you enjoy our great location and experienced service.Hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just got married on September 29th...we had the opportunity to have our wedding reception and wedding night at Hacienda Royal and I must say absolutely everything related to our event and stay was perfect!!!! As we walked into our room, we noticed it was spotless and perfectly decorated. The food we ordered from room service was delicious and delivered quickly. We had a great rest and the view of the mountains in the morning along with breakfast were breath taking. Thank you to all of the staff that made this such a memorable experience for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jefe S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Hacienda Royal, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Tomasina and Cesar

Thank you for choosing Hotel Hacienda Royal during this special wedding day . We very much appreciate your words of praise and would thank you for taking time to share them on TripAdvisor.

It is heartening to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were pleased with our facilities, ambiance and services offered during this special day of your life. Yours touching points about the rooms, its comforts, amenities and food are highly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you to indulge you with more of our hospitality, when you visit us again in the near future.

Best regards;

Guest Service Manager.
Hotel Hacienda Royal
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My first trip to Bogota had me anxious. Coming from Canada I was fearful of crime and kidnapping. But business had to be done. My experience has been wonderful. The hotel is perfectly located. The staff is amazing - remembering your name and room number after the second day. Food in the hotel and area is excellent. The included breakfast featured one local dish different every day on top of the usual buffet offerings. Fruit and Juices all local and delicious. No need for lunch! Happy hour with two free beers or mixed drinks if you are a guest. My room was modern, clean - fabulous shower - towels and toileteries top notch. It's attached to a 4 floor quailty shopping centre yet the prices are reasonable due to the favourable exchange. A lot of patience from all citizens when you speak no Spanish like I do. Don't pass up a chance to book this place.

Room Tip: I forgot to say - the spa was a wonderful experience after a long day. The owner and staff all spok...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jefe S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Hacienda Royal, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review! Your attention to detail is noticed and your appreciation of our excellent guest service is a great source of pride for our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit
If I could be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Trier, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I's been a very enjoyable stay at the Hacienda Royal, Bogotá. I travel to Bogotá once in a while and I'm always staying at the Hacienda which has never disappointed me. The location is quite convenient with a connected mall and nice restaurants within walking distance. Safe and guarded neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vanessa C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Hacienda Royal, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Hacienda Royal. I'm happy you found us convenient and you liked the safe surroundings. Our neighborhood is fun to explore and offers many unique things for visitors. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again!
phillan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was staying in Bogota for business for two nights and this hotel was chosen by our local office in Bogota. The hotel is located in a cute neighborhood with a pedestrian street, open air shopping area, and mall.

The hotel room itself was modern and clean. It has a modern look, sort of like newer Hyatt properties but not quite as well executed. I'm thinking mostly about the deep pile carpet that would be lovely in a home but does not wear well in a hotel room.

The hotel restaurant was serviceable -- the food was not memorable but the service was fine.

My only complaint is about the noise from the street. I was staying in a room on the street side, a few floors above the front entrance to the hotel. The windows are particularly thin (I assume) because I heard car doors slamming, people talking/yelling, trash being collected, and all sorts of sounds throughout the night and early morning. It wasn't bothersome when I was just in the room relaxing, but when trying to sleep (especially in the early morning), it wasn't ideal.

I didn't use any of the amenities, other than visiting the connected shopping mall.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Vanessa C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Hacienda Royal, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Hacienda Royal and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the noise heard from the street. As you could see we are located in one (if not the most) quiet residential neighbor in Bogota , right across from a park.

I welcome you to contact directly our Guest Service Manager by sending an e-mail to rgutierrez@haciendaroyal so we can note your room preference for future stays.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I travel often to Bogota for business and pleasure with my wife and had stayed in many hotel in the North of the city. This Hotel is very well located, by a shopping mall and the Carrera 7, that is one of the main avenues in Bogota, so it is easy to go in and out in such a complex city. Also the rooms are very quiet that is some thing hard to find in Bogota. Rooms and Hotel were recently nicely renovated. Breakfast was very good and most important the hotel staff is very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Vanessa C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Hacienda Royal, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We did our best to ensure that your stay at the Hotel Hacienda Royal was an unforgettable experience. We are committed to improve every day and ensure a full satisfaction. We hope to see you very soon.
Regards

Guest Service Manager

Been to Hotel Hacienda Royal? Share your experiences!