“Great Hotel in Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 85 No 12 - 28, Bogota, Colombia (Chapinero)   |
Ranked #41 of 240 Hotels in Bogota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel in Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I picked this based on Trip Advisor reviews and wasnt disappointed. The hotel is in a great location next to Zona T in Zona Rosa full of modern bars and resturants and a very safe area. If you want authentic South America dont pick this. But if you are wanting to stay in Bogota I dont think you want authentic in the place you stay you need it in the places you visit. Staff were unbelievably helpful and friendly. Breakfast pretty good but not amazing. Room perfect. Internet is limited if you want it free otherwise its $10 a day. Expensive and should be free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I've spent there 2 weeks. Overall my experience is very positive:
Pros:
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Their English is good (quite rare for Colombia). Location is just great: few minutes walk to Andino shopping mall, up to 10 minutes walk to Carulla supermarket and to the nearest Juan Valdez coffeeshop, numerous pubs and restaurants are just few meters away.
Breakfast is fairly good (not big selection, but all is fresh and tasty). Rooms are big enough and clean (See my picture). It can be a little bit noisy on Saturday night, but if you take a room facing to the inner yard situation should be better.
Cons:
The internet. They have free package which won't allow you to get to youtube, download anything resource with .mp3 suffix and also block many other sites, and $10 per day packages without these limitations. They both work quite bad, wi-fi connection is getting lost, so you try to get connected to access point located at another floor. They should definitely improve it.
Like I said before overall, my experience was very positive and I would definitely prefer that hotel on my next travel to Bogota

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sacto, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I did enjoy my stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. My plane arrived early so I missed Bogota's traffic and was there about 2 hours earlier than expected. They assigned me a room inmediately. Transportation was easy and always available by personnel known by the hotel. Close to major trafic ways and the "zona rosa" were the action goes on... It is a business type hotel. Great services like internet connection, restaurant on site (great breakfasts) but no pool.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
chicago, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I travel to Bogota and other cities in Colombia often and have stayed in many hotels. This one is great, especially for the price. It is totally safe, in a great location (near shops, cafes, bars, etc.) and has a free pass to a full gym a few doors down (this is key for me also when I travel). The breakfast is great, which is also key. I gave 4 out of 5, because 5 should be reserved for the "top of the top" but I highly recommend this hotel. After trying many around the area, I now just stay at Andino.

• Liked — Service and location
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

I travel for work and though not a "snobish" salesman I've gotten somewhat spoiled and have come to expect more out of my hotel stays.... I really appreciate cleanliness, location, safety and above all SERVICE. The Andino Royal, though a small hotel, does not dissapoint in any of these regards. I have to admitt I've been in Bogota twice on business and have only stayed a this hotel so can't compare to others in the city. I have a trip to Bogota planned in one week and will stay at the Andino again. The price in my opion is just fine, and the hotel has many good restaurants within walking distance. The hotel food itself is nothing special, but the breakfast gets me off to a good start and is included in the price. The staff is very friendly and have come to know then most by name, and they certainly remember my name. Rooms have recently been remodeled (in the last year) and are actually very nice... but no view in the ones I've gotten.

Stayed October 2006
Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

Please never visit this hotel, the staff is arrogant, the prize is awfully expensive, and already from the beggining just to call them for asking prices they were really rude. I called from Sweden to make a reservation and they let me waiting on hold, after comunicating me with other three people.You can find really nice hotels in Bogota and with better prices and attitude, like the Lancaster house (execellent hotel!, or the Dann Carlton.). Don't waste your time and money in the Andino.

Stayed January 2007

Been to Andino Royal? Share your experiences!