“Large Room and nice staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bogota Royal

Bookmark
You added Bogota Royal to your Saves list
Bogota Royal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 8A No. 99-55, Bogota 094077, Colombia (La Candelaria)   |
Ranked #66 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
“Large Room and nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I spent just 2 days in this hotel but I have to say that I was impressed by the size of the room and the design, recently renovated.
The food was good but not amazing. it looks like an average hotel but I will recommend it if you want a large room with all business amenities.
The staff was very helpful and lovely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my first time staying at this hotel and it was excellent. It was pretty obvious that the room was recently renovated, it felt (and smelled) brand new. All the things that mattered to me in a hotel room were here. The internet performed well, the A/C worked well, the bed was comfortable, street noise was minimal, and the breakfast (included in my room rate) was very good. The smell of the new materials from the renovated room were a bit strong but I expect that after a few weeks that should be gone. The staff were friendly and made noble attempts to communicate in my (English) language. I found a 24-hour pharmacy type store just two blocks away as well as several restaurants. I would definitely stay here again if I am back in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very good location right over Calle 100. It is located just in front of one the local famous burgers place “El Corral”. It has 2 buildings: the old one and the new one. The old one is the one with the elevator next to the lobby. They were supposed to be renovating this building but there is an important difference between both buildings. Rooms at the new building are bigger and with modern style. Breakfast buffet is very good. Service is good too. Lunch and dinner are ok. Bed and pillows are ok. This is my 2nd hotel option at walking distance from Calle 100 after Cosmos Insignia. In 3er place I would have Bogota Plaza and Bogota Cosmos 100 in 4th place. These 4 hotels are in the same price range. If you want a better hotel that is close by but not at walking distance then you have Radisson hotel.

Room Tip: If you can, take new building or renovated rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hote Royal of Bogota is a pure Business hotel, located in the World Trade Center building of Bogota. The location is excelellent for business since many companies are situated around, while there are also few nice districts nearby for shopping and gun (restaurants, cafes).

All my needs and requests were fulfilled by the personel and I really apppreciated that. The rooms are spacious and the internet is excellent. Average breakfast, gym is outside the hotel and the areas of the hotel are comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The location is ideal, but let me give you a couple of examples of why this is the worst business hotel I have ever stayed in. I just checked out this morning, and they called me with my wake-up call one hour after the hour I requested the wake-up call for. I asked for the wake-up call at 5 and the taxi for the airport at 6. The wake-up call came at 6, and they wouldn't accept responsibility for the late call. I put the driver in front of them. I asked him, "What time were you asked to take me to the airport?" "Six a.m.", he replied. "How would I ask for a wake-up call at 6 if I arranged my transportation for 6?" I said. No response. No apology, no attempt to make up for the error. I had my secretary call yesterday two separate times to ensure that the billing was arranged to be sent to our local office instead of me paying for it with my credit card. It was confirmed not once but twice. This morning, they had no trace of the billing info. Last trip down to Bogotá, they lost my laundry. I had to rinse out my underclothing every night and dry it with a hair dryer for the rest of a 10-day trip throughout Latin America. None of these three things has ever happened before to me in any hotel anywhere in the world. Please, Royal, the location is great and the room upgrades that are slowly but surely progressing are nice, but GET MARRIOTT OR HYATT TO MANAGE THIS PROPERTY FOR YOU. YOUR CURRENT TEAM IS INCOMPETENT AND UNABLE.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly remodeled suites, ensure that it is recently redone as the old rooms are ve...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
VivianaBogotaRoyal, Guest Service Manager at Bogota Royal, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
1.7 265560

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. We really care about your comments and we take them seriously because they help us on making improvements and creating better experiences. Please accept our deepest apologies about the inconveniences you had during your stay. We are extremely sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Offering our guests the best service is our number one priority. We have spoken with the employee who wrote down the time of your wakeup call erroneously and corrective actions have been taken in order to ensure that these kind of mistakes will not happen again. Unfortunately this was a human error that we really regret. Our front desk manager gave the order to front desk employees to double check carefully the time of wakeup call requested by our guests. Regarding the billing, I was informed that our Reservations Manager read the email when you have already checked out from the hotel, so immediately our staff contacted your company to explain the situation. About the laundry inconvenience I would appreciate if you can contact me at my email vvillegas@bogotaroyal.com to have more information regarding this issue in order to trace back the causes and the persons involved.

If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We really hope you give us a second chance to show you our commitment to offer you the best experience and customer service possible. We want to serve and provide you with a truly memorable stay at our hotel.

Cordially,

Bogota Royal
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a great and very neat hotel to stay if you're working around the World Trade Centre area in Bogotá. The surroundings are very good, and you'll be in Carrera 7 in no time from where you can easily go to e.g. Candelaria or to Carrera 100 to leave towards the airport.
The rooms are big and clean. You can open the room windows and the bathroom has a big space.
The internet is surprisingly fast for Colombia, and as common with Colombians, the personnel are very welcoming and sympathetic.
The rooms have a good amount of light, but take my suggestion and go for room 207, which is a corner room. The corner will also be made of windows, so you'll have plenty of natural light flooding your space – always a treat!
The rooms are unfortunately not that well isolated in terms of sound and I once had to call the reception to ask for the upper room to stop making noise at 23.30.
The breakfast is delicious and with a tremendous choice! There's a lot of fresh fruit being served, you have as well cold meats and fish, eggs and others prepared especially for you, bread and the usual suspects.
I'd definitely stay here again without any second thoughts.

Room Tip: Room 207 is a corner one, so you get extra windows!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
VivianaBogotaRoyal, Guest Service Manager at Bogota Royal, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
1.7 265478

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing us for your recent stay in Bogotá city. We are delighted to know you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

The hotel is located strategically close to important streets, avenues and financial centers. Hotel Bogotá Royal is close to Parque Del Chico, Parque de la 93, and Hacienda Santa Barbara Mall. Also nearby are Parque del Virrey and Andino Commercial Center.

We take this opportunity to reassure you that the Bogotá Royal hotel team will continue to not just provide the highest standards of service and comfort you have been so accustomed to, but exceeding your expectations will be our constant mission.

Our well trained staff eagerly awaits to serve and provide you again with a truly memorable stay at our hotel.

Cordially,

Bogotá Royal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is an old hotel but in a great location for business.
The service is great, rooms are old and kind of noisy but I was glad I did not have to loose one hour every day from the office to the hotel like I had last month when I stayed in a much better hotel but farther away from the office.
I ordered room service every night and the food was good. The air conditioning did not work well and I wish the room was a little bit colder.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, probably in the old building
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
VivianaBogotaRoyal, Guest Service Manager at Bogota Royal, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
1.7 265220

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Thanks for the compliment on our food! We are committed to satisfying our customers with great food and excellent service. We offer a wide variety of delicious and fresh dishes for breaksfast, lunch and dinner. We also offer the best sushi to please your palate!

On the other hand, it is our pleasure to inform you that our hotel is being renovated, which will for sure upgrade guest satisfaction. We have already renovated most of our rooms offering our guests a more comfortable stay and a beautiful and modern environment.

We are looking forward to host you again in your next visit to Bogotá.

Bogotá Royal

Been to Bogota Royal? Share your experiences!