“Friendly Staff and ideal location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff and ideal location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have just had a most enjoyable five day stay. The front of house staff were super and most helpful. They provide a very good breakfast which caters for all tastes. The bedrooms are well designed and kept in great condition by the friendly domestic staff. We ate out at four very good restaurants which were all within walking distance. Would we stay there again ? yes without doubt.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Mr. Timothy,
I want to thank you for your feedback; It is great to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I am really pleased to know you that our staff, breakfast, bedrooms and more were pleasing to you, we do everything we can to make you feel welcome.
We will be more than glad to receive you once more in your next visit to Bogotá.

Paul Barthe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Its near some great restaurants (the same street - need to book they are so popular) and some of the key shopping malls.

What sets this hotel apart is the great service - I was made so welcome, and what a contrast to Morrisons, down the road, which I also reviewed.

I found the rooms to be 4* against Morrisons 1* in my opinion, if that.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Julian,
Thank you for being with us, it is priceless to know how we can offer the best hotel experience from none other than our guests. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your experience and you had a great stay with us, i am so proud of our Sofitel service that my team delivered in full.
It will be our pleasure if we could have you here once more, hopefully soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The hotel is in a wonderful section of town and a few steps from the Bogota Brewing Company which in my eyes is a plus. They did a great job of making reservations be it for dinner or for pick-up service from the Hotel. They offer great customer service.

I thought it was wonderful that they even had hot coffee and breakfast pastry waiting for me at 4:30am when I had to leave for the airport.

In Bogota, stay here!

Matt

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Matt,
Thank you for staying with us at Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia, we are pleased to know you had a wonderful experience with us.
I feel really proud about our customer service and it is a pleasure to know that all my team could help you with your requirements about restaurant reservations, pick-up service and even with a delicious breakfast at 4am.
Remember that we are looking forward to have you back you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Wonderful staff, great location near dozens of great restaurants. For American business travelers not fluent in Spanish, the entire staff speaks English (and French) so there is never a communication problem. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Mr. John,
We highly appreciate your comment and we are really glad to know that we satisfied your expectations to the point that you can recommend us without hesitation.
My team and I are here at all times, looking forward to have you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent - attractive street with nice restaurants and in the best part of bogota, safe to walk around by day and evening. Hotel has an elegant boutique feel to it but the rooms are very small and awkwardly,laid out - I kept bumping into things every time I got in and out of bed and getting dressed! My room was also quite dark. I found the bed too soft. Breakfast is good but expensive. Room service extremely efficient and staff. General are very professional and friendly. Excellent coffee. I think I would try another hotel if I were retuning to bogota as I don't feel that the offering quite matches the price range - however, it is certainly an attractive place to stay in a perfect location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia, we are pleased to know that you had a good experience with us.
It is important that you know that we have four different types of rooms, with different sizes to offer our guests diverse space options and that we are changing the color of some rooms to have better lighting.
Is very gratifying to know that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant, coffee and the professionalism of our staff, and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us to show those little changes we are making to make your stay more gratifying.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is adorable, located on a great street and decorated well inside. However, the rooms are small and can be noisy (hotel is on a somewhat busy street with Chiva party buses coming by and lots of honking)- which seems strange given the otherwise upscale nature of the hotel. The service was great and attentive. There is a doorman and a security guard with a dog in front of the hotel at all times. There is a small front patio/balcony to drink coffee or eat. There is not much of a view- our room looked into the neighboring apartments.

The only issue I had is that I emailed prior to my reservation to ensure that as a foreigner I would not be charged the 16% VAT. They confirmed I would not and when I checked in she made a copy of my passport "to show I had the exemption stamp for VAT." When I got my bill there was a 16% charge I still cannot decipher. The bill is confusing, so I am still not sure if I was charged this percent. However, upon check out the front desk personnel was unable to explain to me what the charge was. Although I speak moderate Spanish, I would still expect such a nice hotel to have a front desk staff that could explain the various charges to me in English, as he must get asked that question often.

Overall, the hotel felt safe and was a pleasant experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
We are thrilled with your comments and we love to have you here as well. We are pleased to know you found our hotel and location very convenient and you had a great stay.
Mrs. Diana Ortiz is at your total disposal to hear your room preferences, and she will be more than glad to find a quiet room with a pretty view, just let her know prior your next booking. As well, we are really interested in solving your question about the 16% VAT, so please let us get your bill copy and we will check it and explain item by item because it is important for us that you have that clear.
We are looking forward to have you back hopefully soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a beautiful and modern hotel located on a street with some of Bogota's best dining experiences. The room was extremely well appointed, and the bathroom has exceptional lighting (which is important)! Thankfully it is not a very large hotel, which is preferred, but has all of the amenities one looks for. The concierge staff is quite competent. It is also walking distance from Bogota's best shopping.

Room Tip: 8th floor rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SOFITELBOGOTA, General Manager at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Mr. Teri,
I feel very pleased to know that we could make you feel welcome and right at home and it is wonderful to know you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us. Not being a large hotel allows us to look closely at all our guests, and it is a honor for us that you could feel this personalized service.
All the team is waiting for you hopefully soon.

Paul Barthe

Been to Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia? Share your experiences!