“Update - Now a regular guest for over 3 years........and loving it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia

Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF!*
Ranked #4 of 231 Hotels in Bogota
Dallas, Texas
“Update - Now a regular guest for over 3 years........and loving it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just a quick update to last year's review. Still my favorite hotel in Bogota. If anything, they have actually gotten better since my last review, which I did not think was possible. Since the hotel is so popular and my travels to Colombia are often at the last minute, the hotel was full a few times, so I stayed at the JW Marriott a couple of times since my last review. In comparison, the JW is super nice and super expensive (over $500 a night on one of my stays) while the Victoria Regia is super nice, laid back, friendly and about $150 - $200 a night less. Need I say more? OK then, how about 7 great restaurants within a block of the front door (includes my favorite in Bogota, La Brassarie). The hotel restaurant staff is so used to seeing me they greet me like an old friend, then treat me like a king!

I am headed back in a couple of weeks, so I better call and make my reservations now!

Try this place, you will love it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SOFITELBOGOTA, Director General at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please receive warm Greetings from Sofitel Bogotá Victoria Regia Team.

We are glad to know that you had a wonderful experience at our property and that we are your favorite hotel in Bogotá. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our service in order to provide to our guest a Magnifique Experience in each stay.

We are very pleased to know that you can enjoy all the facilities of the hotel, like our restaurant Basilic and our Location.

We thank you for choosing us again and we look forward to welcoming you here soon and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards,

Paul Barthe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I just returned from 7 days in Bogota, Colombia. The Sofitel in Bogota is one of the nicest, most relaxed, and comfortable hotels we have stayed in during our travels. The rooms are sophisticated and the staff is efficient and attentive making the stay special! Location is a plus, one of the best spots in town with so many restaurants and bars surrounding the hotel. Love this hotel and can't wait until my next visit. I strongly recommend it both for business and for leisure.

Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I´ve stayed twice in the same month at Sofitel and is very well located in Bogotá, the rooms are amazing, including the simpler, they are big enought for the daily needs. The amenities offered are from Loccitane. The beds are on Sofitel standard and provides a great night of dreams.

The breakfast is not cheap but it´s excelent, the staff in the restaurante is also fantastic! You must try!

The hotel conquest you by the small details such as opening bed at night, a small chocolate, leave the slipers near bed etc., it makes you fell like a king...

But as these small things conquest the guest other small details spoil all efforts made by the hotel to keep Sofitel standard: staff at front desk, reservation desk are usually rude and confused, and almost never can do anything for the guest, even if you are a Le Club Platinum Member. These are not problems that spoiled my stay, but really bother my second stay: I´ve asked a Nespresso for my room and when it was available it was a regular coffee machine with no explanation, I asked to revome because there was no space for it the the room. Welcome drink was not provided. In the last day of the stay no replacment at the minibar, amenitie kits and well organization of the room. For least, but not last, Le Club Points were not credited do to confusion as who made a reservation, and the hotel keep insisting the fare was not valid: my reservation was did by, with my company cadastre, a very expensive rate called "Le Club AH Loyalty Platinum" paid directly to the hotel.

For me all good things done for part of the staff was in vain by such terrible and neglect treatment.

Definetly, I don´t think this hotel deserve a Sofitel name.

Room Tip: As the rooms that are no located on the main street, even with the noise canceling windows, they are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
SOFITELBOGOTA, Gerente at Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all, I would like to thank you for share with us the experience of your stay at our property Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia.

For us, your generous comments were priceless and constructive. Measures to improve our guest relation have already been put on place and your profile has already been updated in our system with all your preferences, likes and dislikes, in order to serve you better in your next visits. (I.e. your room preferences, coffee machine Nespresso, Control of your points in Le Club program and the service of our front desk team).

As well, we are very glad to know that you were able to manage your Le Club points directly with the Program, since we were prevented to do so by the own rules of the program.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or requirement, our team will be more than pleased to serve you again.

Mario Leite de Oliveira
Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The location and staff make this hotel a standout. Everyone is helpful and friendly and issues are resolved quickly. I had a problem with my phone and the next day I had a brand new phone. The common areas are beautiful and spotless. The room I had is on the small side but great for a single traveler. The bathrooms are pretty and shower spacious. Room service is quick but the food itself is just average. The hotel is situated in the prime shopping/eating area with too many cute stores and nice restaurants to count. If you can, stay here.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the street which can get congested and noisy at night. No really wonde...
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I just returned from 10 days in Colombia. First off, go to Colombia! Great place, great food, and awesome people. We found Bogota to be a real surprise. The Sofitel in Bogota is one of the nicest, most relaxed, and comfortable hotels we have stayed in during our travels. Before getting to the pros and cons of this place, a brief note about a problem we encountered after checkin... We paid to upgrade our room to a suite. After our first night, the front desk manager asked to see us. He requested that we change our room because another guest coming in the next day always stayed in the suite we were currently in. We had to move all of our things and the manager did knock off the cost of one night of the upgrade fee. We did not like this part of the experience, but the rest of the stay was so nice and the service so good that it is hard to say anything bad about this hotel. Ok to the pros and cons of this place:

Pros:
1. Great location that is very safe, sophisticated, and fun. Two superb restaurants two doors down from the hotel. This was huge plus of staying here. Literally, we had some of the best dining options in Bogota within a two block radius of the hotel.
2. World Class Service. The whole staff was extremely friendly and demonstrated over and over again that the focus of this hotel is service first. The concierge got us great seats to a football match, we used the private drivers/cars suggested by the hotel, and we went to the restaurants that they told us were great. Most every employee in the lobby spoke at least 3 languages. After 4 days, we felt at home and did not want to leave!
3. Very comfortable rooms. The suite we stayed in felt like home. It was a great size and well appointed, but it was not over the top. All the perfect touches were in the room, but like the rest of the hotel it did not feel stuffy.

Cons:

1. Location. Be aware that Bogota like many big cities has serious traffic problems. If you want to go anywhere from this area of Bogota it will be a cab or private car ride. To get to the Candelaria it took about 30-40 mins and in a rain storm on the way back it took over an hour. This is a big city and be prepared to spend some time sitting in the car. Having said all that, there is no other place we would have rather been. Not so much a knock on the hotel, just something to be aware of.
2. Breakfast Buffet Downstairs. The breakfast buffet is simply overpriced. It is cheaper and better to order room service or ala carte. The breakfast was very tasty, just skip the buffet. There are also some great breakfast places like Club Colombia within a 10 minute walk of the hotel.

Hard to find much fault here. We will be back to Bogota and will stay at the Sofitel. Nice to know there are still some places in the world that put service first!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Glastonbury, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at other Sofitels before as well as other high end hotels in my life. This staff was the best in my experience. There was no request to great for them. They met them with a great attitude. I came to town for 36 hours to watch a concert. I came without a ticket: no problem they found me one (even though it was sold out...thank you Jonathon). I arrived early in the morning, no problem (Sandy found me a room at no extra charge). I needed to go and pick up a ticket (no problem I was personally escorted). When going to the concert they were thoughtful enough to tell me that belts were not allowed for safety reasons. Without a belt, my pants would fall off (good problem to have but not for a concert). Carlos made me a belt from rope and it worked perfectly! I could go on...but this was going above and beyond. Congratulations to Mario the GM for the great staff at this hotel. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Panama City, Panama, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just finished spending 4 days in Bogota with my girlfriend. I spent a decent amount of time on TripAdvisor prior to the trip, researching hotels to stay at. I was considering the Hilton, Hotel Morrison, and Sofitel. I ultimately decided on Sofitel based on an incredible rate of $145 a night that I was able to get on Expedia. I cannot vouch for the other hotels, but I was very very very pleased with the Sofitel. It's about 1 block walking from Zona Rosa, which in my opinion is one of the best places to stay in Bogota. There are great bars, restaurants, shopping, etc, in a pedestrian friendly area. It's really happening on a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel is close enough to walk problem free, but far enough to not be in the thick of things. I would highly recommend staying in this area...other hotels nearby that are supposed to be great are the Hotel Morrison and Charleston, both which looked nice from the outside.

Anyways my girlfriend and I absolutely loved the Sofitel. The room wasn't big, but it was very stylish with a great layout. The bathroom was amazing, with great L'Occitane products, and one of the best showers I've ever been in. The bed is an extremely comfortable pillow-top bed. The service at the hotel is IMPECABLE! Every morning I'd order an espresso and a tea, and they'd bring them up within 10 minutes, complimentary! One night my girlfriend and I returned to the hotel late around 3am with some friends of ours in Bogota, who the doormen let up in our room for a drink which was nice. Whenever we needed anything, the staff would find it. After one particularly long night, I called down to see if the hotel had any alka seltzer. Although they did not, they offered to go to the drug store to pick it up for us!

Luxurious hotel, amazing service, perfect location...highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia? Share your experiences!