“Absolutely top-notch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 230 Hotels in Bogota
ruzi15
“Absolutely top-notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The Sofitel Victoria Regia was fantastic in every way. My wife and I arrived in Bogota first on our honeymoon, and the hotel staff didn't disappoint us. They greeted us by our names whenever we passed through the lobby, set up dinner reservations and excursions for us, and had a bottle of champagne (complimentary) waiting in our room when we arrived. The rooms themselves (we stayed in a normal room at the beginning of our trip, and then a junior suite at the end) were spotless and nicely designed, with extremely comfortable beds. Drinks at the hotel bar were quite good, though the room service food we ordered our first night was not. It didn't matter though, as the hotel is located right in the middle of an amazing section of the city, with literally dozens of terrific restaurants, bars, and cafes within a 5 minute walk.

I can't imagine why one wouldn't stay here if visiting Bogota.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a week.
For my pleasure everything was perfect...staff, foos, decoration, vallet etc
The hotel is situated in the best spot possible and just few minutes walking from the best area in the city.
I recommend this Hotel for everybody and for sure coming back soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I've been staying in this hotel for more than one year on a very regular basis. The service is excellent. The team is very “classy”, lovely, helpful and proactive. They do their best to satisfy the customers, whether they’re new or regular. The rooms are very cozy and warm. The location is great, next to the biggest shopping mall and to a wide variety of restaurants and pubs. The best in Bogota!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Barranquilla, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have stayed in 6 hotels in Bogota Colombia over the past 18 months. Last weekend myself and my wife stayed in the Sofitel Victoria Regia for our 3rd time. As always the hotel, staff and ambience were the best. The hotel is situated in the perfect spot, just a few minutes’ walk from the social areas. Surrounded by great restaurants with a wonderful safe atmosphere.
The rooms are always spectacular and the attitude of the staff is genuinely helpful, open and charming. You won’t find better in Bogota.

Room Tip: All appear to be good, however you can ask for a room with balcony facing the front of the hotel. In...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
berlin germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

room surprisingly small , not enough table space or chairs in room
in room dining , they did not have moveable table normal in most hotel.
breakfast downstairs , coffee not refilled, do not work as team, if you do not have suit & tie or come from interior of colombia ,service will be rare . brought this to maitre d' attention in my fury and he excused this short coming.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed for 2 weeks at the Sofitel in Bogota for business. The staff were super friendly and spoke English very well. The room itself was spacious and luxurious. The gym was great and the daily breakfast, while repetitive, was delicious.

The hotel is on a street with a ton of restaurants and about 2 blocks from Zone T, the pedestrian only area with the malls and bars/restaurants/nightlife.

My only complaint was that I would receive random phone calls throughout the early morning hours with nobody on the line.

I felt safe while staying there and I really recommend the Sofitel in Bogota.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I received two warm welcome hand written letters from the Guest Relations Coordinator and the General Manager, which thought were a very delicate touch. I arrived very late at night and found my room was flooded with a delicious aroma of fresh lilies, soft music and a plate of prosciutto. I was contacted before my trip to be asked about some of my preferences and was left many recommendations for tours and restaurants at my desk upon my arrival.

My whole stay was very pleasant and the team was always a step ahead of my needs. Kudos!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia? Share your experiences!