I would have to say that this hotel turned out to be better than I expected. I was hesitant to stay here based on the initial reviews that I read on the site but service really made up for the minor inconveniences that I encountered. Location was perfect as it was within walking distance to shopping and sight seeing. I walked to Monserrate, The Gold Museum, and shopping on calle septima. the hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. My first room was small and I had trouble with the lighting in the room so I asked to be upgraded since I was going to be staying there for 7 days. The upgrade was fantastic. At no additional charge, they put me in a large corner room with amazing views on the 16th floor (Their Club Suite Floor). If you're not satisfied with anything, just let them know and they will do their best to make your stay a pleasant one. Another nice thing about the location is that there are a lot of Military Police officers throughout the area since this hotel is the prefered location for diplomats and heads of state. Overall, it is very safe area. during the day, it is a bustling financial district and at night, it is very quiet and safe. Also, the hotel taxi drivers are very polite and great guides. You can just hire a taxi to drive you around sight seeing all over the scity if you wish. Their rates are very reasonable and of course this is a more secure option than taking any other taxi. A quick tip on restaurants in Bogota: Check out Adres De Res in the T-Zone (Zona T). It is a great steakhouse that turns into an all out dance club on weekends. Excellent place. Great steaks and good times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel would like to offer you our warmest welcome. We are truly a World Class Hotel. Our experience, quality and name have made us an icon in Bogota. We work tirelessly to provide you with the best service by offering you the high quality, comfort and world class service and facilities you deserve. Bogota opens its doors to you upon your arrival at El Dorado International Airport. The Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel is located just a few minutes away and offers the hospitality and comfort of one of the world s most renown hotel chains. Discover the magic of the Andean city from a unique perspective. You will experience the charm of Colombian culture as soon as you walk through the doors of the Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel A World Class Hotel. Come and enjoy one of our 578 luxurious rooms. We offer 24 hours Room Service, cable TV, voice mail, high speed internet access, laundry and valet service to meet all your demanding expectations. Nowadays we are ISO-9001 certified in our principal services. We are also certified in a local norm, as a five stars Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tequendama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel Bogota
- Crowne Plaza Bogota
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Bogota
- Bogota Tequendama Hotel