“Nice Hotel and Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #123 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice Hotel and Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I would have to say that this hotel turned out to be better than I expected. I was hesitant to stay here based on the initial reviews that I read on the site but service really made up for the minor inconveniences that I encountered. Location was perfect as it was within walking distance to shopping and sight seeing. I walked to Monserrate, The Gold Museum, and shopping on calle septima. the hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. My first room was small and I had trouble with the lighting in the room so I asked to be upgraded since I was going to be staying there for 7 days. The upgrade was fantastic. At no additional charge, they put me in a large corner room with amazing views on the 16th floor (Their Club Suite Floor). If you're not satisfied with anything, just let them know and they will do their best to make your stay a pleasant one. Another nice thing about the location is that there are a lot of Military Police officers throughout the area since this hotel is the prefered location for diplomats and heads of state. Overall, it is very safe area. during the day, it is a bustling financial district and at night, it is very quiet and safe. Also, the hotel taxi drivers are very polite and great guides. You can just hire a taxi to drive you around sight seeing all over the scity if you wish. Their rates are very reasonable and of course this is a more secure option than taking any other taxi. A quick tip on restaurants in Bogota: Check out Adres De Res in the T-Zone (Zona T). It is a great steakhouse that turns into an all out dance club on weekends. Excellent place. Great steaks and good times.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed in Bogota for a week and enjoyed the Tequedama. It had a spacious and relaxing lobby with a professional staff. The room was clean and comfortable. There was visible attention to security, which was a concern for us. We had no issues while we were there at or near the hotel.

Beware of leaving your luggage, camera bags, laptops out of your reach. Thieves and pickpockets are very aggressive to grab and run!

We would stay here again.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference. This hotel is located in one of the most dangerous areas in Bogota. I strongly recommend that you hire a taxi from the hotel and avoid wondering around this dangerous neighborhood. Although the hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable rooms lack A/C. Even though Bogota is relatively cold, at noon my room was easily 80 degrees. Hallways are dark and scary because lights are motion sensor activated. If your room happens to be near the elevator expect to enter your room in darkness. For the price that I paid, I strongly recommend that you pay a little extra and stay in the nicer part of the city. I must say that wireless internet is complimentary, however, I won't return to this location.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, service was friendly but slow. I DO NOT recommend eating at the restaurant or room service. I had ordered a burger thinking how hard is it to mess up a burger, and half through after removing about 2 lbs of "cheese" from the top I bit into something hard like a bone or piece of wood. I'm just glad I didn't get sick from the whole experience and I didn't bother complaining because it seems if there is a problem, all of a sudden understanding English becomes an issue. Overpriced and over-rated.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

Now rebranded as a Crowne Plaza. Pretty average business hotel in a nondescript location some distance from the tourist attractions downtown. The WiFi, as everywhere, works better in the lobby than in the rooms. Except for breakfast, the hotel restaurants hold no great attraction and should probably be avoided. Rack rates (August 2008): 468,000 – 612,000 Pesos.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — the so called Italian restaurant
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Tequendama for two nights. The hotel is old school with boutiques, art gallery and other services.
The lobby is fine and so are the rooms. We did encounter a problem when we checked out: we had fully paid through Travelocity but the front desk claimed the payment had not been made. I gave them all the information, but they were not convinced. I then asked them to use their internet to print a copy of the reservation since they would not do it for me. When I tried to enter the business center it was closed. We had to wait until they found the person in charge. Finally I was able to print the document and was told that normally they charge a fee to use the business center, but they would waive it this time. But I would have to pay for the printing. This situation was Kafkaesque. I showed the document to the front desk and they apologized admitting it was a mistake on their part. This entire episode took approx. 45 minutes.
We were worried that we would miss our flight to Santa Marta. It was a very stressful situation.
Word of advise to Management: the customer is always right and if in doubt don't place the burden of proof on the customer or at least assist him to resolve the problem. Also, have a computer at the front desk so reservations can be verified.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Treatment from the front desk.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

The Tequendama has been the class of Bogota for years. My father told me that when he was an adult traveling the world The Tequendama was the best hotel in the city. We stayed there for a week in Dec 07, and it was fantastic. The bed were soft. The water in the hotel was drinkable (yay), the lobby was classy and clean. The staff was really helpful. My favorite part was the buffet breakfast. Excellent. The jewelery boutique had better emeralds and more stylish designs than any at the Emerald Trading Center. I can't wait to stay there again!

• Liked — Breakfast, Staff, Spa, Location and Service
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Crowne Plaza Tequendama? Share your experiences!