“It is a dirty hole in unsafe surroundings” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #125 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Kyiv
“It is a dirty hole in unsafe surroundings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything about this hotel is old, outdated and dirty. Rooms are dirty, especially windows and window drapes as well as bathroom.
Stuff is unreliable, you ask for something as simple as a pen, you never get anything but promises. Only reception stuff speaks English, guys in a bar are so not speaking English that ordering water is difficult.
Breakfast is very poor, the only thing edible is local fruit.
Not that I was planning to ever come back to Bogota, but if I ever come here again that would be certainly not to the very old and dirty lady of Bogota.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Sunfloo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
UK, North America etc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Where to start. As a business traveller I stay a lot in business hotels and never review as they are all pretty much the same, but my experience with this one was simply so poor that I felt I should share and spare someone else the grief.. there is a nice marriot 20 mins away! the weight exercise machines were a safety hazard in the 60's let alone today. The food in the restaurant was not terrible, the rooms were standard fare but dirty, the hot water takes a long time to run and the housekeeping service (I stayed there for over two weeks) varies according to the cleaning person whose shift it is.. it went from standard to me having to ask for towels as they were not replaced!!

Avoid, why deal with the hassle?

• Stayed June 2013
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Mr(s). Biztraveller30:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel and in my own name.

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services. We regret that you had that situation, since we have a clean service that allows us to deliver each guest clean and neat rooms.
We have standards and quality certifications in our service process. We will check the situation that you mention and we apologize again.

Yours Sincerely,
Medellin, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Crownne Plaza has by virtue of the long history these hotel have been associated with quality and high end accommodation. I choose this hotel as it was close to where a business meeting I was attending. The staff from front desk to room service were excellent. Hospitality cannot be faulted. The rest of my stay has been somewhat shocking to say the leas. Room service food, was well below par. Sloppy presentation of a piece of fish on a dished up plate of rice that looked like something from a food truck. Well below standard, with what would have appeared like tomatoes been standing for a few hours and wilted cold spinach. The whole plate was just poor and only the fish was palatable even though it was extremely over cooked and luke warm. The rooms, filthy carpet, smelling like it had been locked up for some time, and opening the window revealed curtains smelling of cigarette smoke. To run a bath, one must leave the water to run for 30 mins before the hot water starts. Meaning in the morning, a earlier wake up. No bathrobes in the room. Overall, this hotel was disappointing and what I found was poor value for money. I don't know what the rest of Crownne Plaza is like, but for sure, for my next trip, I will be looking at an alternate hotel chain. 5 star prices for a one star stay. Very unimpressed and would not recommend. The staff are the hotels only saving grace that I can be postive about.

Room Tip: I would not recommend any room. They face busy main road with windows open make the room very noisy...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Mrs.Sandi F.

Receive a cordial regards from Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel.

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have had with the different services.

Crowne Plaza Tequendama’s goal is provide constantly superior customer service, you are very important for us. The feedback we received from you, our valued guest, allows us to focus on the problem and take the required actions to manage and solve similar situations in the future.

We look forward to receiving you again and let us serve you as you deserve.

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This may not be a hotel I would chose myself, a very old school hotel screaming 'business'. Though, by the time I was leaving I was totally into its charm. All the staff knew me by the second or the third day, and they made sure I was doing OK. Though Bogota is much safer than it used to be, it was nice getting this reassured as a female traveling alone from abroad.

Building is old and rooms are simple, but kept well and clean. Ultra high-security to enter the hotel makes you feel safe (though, neighborhood is safe). Hotel has designated taxies, which were very convenient in town I was told not to hail a cab myself as a foreign female with limited Spanish. Having the same driver drove me to different places made things extra easy for me. Hotel taxi cost more than local taxi, but it totally worth it.
Convenient neighborhood, short walking distance to historic area Candelaria, and lots of good restaurants near by in Macarena right up on the hill.
As many of the wrote, internet can get patchy, but it worked. I used it whenever it was available. You are not in the US, so let's give them a break for a bit of imperfection.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the east has a good view of the mountain and greens, and I believe to be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Mrs Yuko
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the time you took writing this awesome review, We are pleased you took the right decision choosing Hotel Crowne Plaza Tequendama for your stay in Bogota. We love to hear you liked our rooms and specially our staff service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Crowne Plaza Tequendama Bogotá.
Sincerely.
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It's the people who make the value
Indeed it’s an old solid building… however it’s the rooms look renewed; but what really impacted me the most is the attitude of the staff; and by that I mean the entire staff no matter what position they are in.
Location is very interesting and close to financial districts, downtown and plenty of nice restaurants.
I recommend it with no hesitation!

Room Tip: Pick a high floor with a spectacular city view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear marlecz,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the time you took writing this awesome review, We are pleased you took the right decision choosing Hotel Crowne Plaza Tequendama for your stay in Bogota,. We love to hear you liked our rooms and specially our staff service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Crowne Plaza Tequendama Bogotá.
Sincerely
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

March 2013
A decent hotel in need of renovation located in a run down and unsafe section of the city.

Slow check in and front desk service. Friendly staff. Rooms are ok for the price.

If you need even basic internet do not stay here as you will be frustrated.
Hands down the worst internet service of any hotel that I have stayed in over a decade of intense business travel. The local staff just apologies profusely concerning the internet and mentions the internet has been bad for some time. It appears management has no plan to fix it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Steven D,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. It is good to know that you found our staff to be friendly and rooms comfortable for your needs. However, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during check in and Internet connection being sub par. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Pam G.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed three nights in this hotel in February. It is conveniently placed, although we were told by the staff that the area is not safe for strolling around after dark. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, breakfasts were OK. There is no complimentary water and my minibar was empty. It is obvious that the buliding needs some renovation, the windows do no isolate and since the traffic gets heavy in the morning, it was almost impossible to sleep after 6.30 a.m. even on the 9th floor. Free wi-fi was working well.

Room Tip: You should go for an upgrade to a suite, the price difference is not that big and it is certainly wo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear kooladanice,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I'm glad that you found the beds comfortable. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the condition of the property. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tequendama? Share your experiences!