The price on my room (upgraded to a suite with my ICH membership) was stunningly low and even without the upgrade would have represented excellent value.
Inside it is from a decade or more ago.The public areas are large and spacious and there are a full range of services. My room was light, airy and clean. The club room had excellent views over the city and a decent breakfast. All of the staff were helpful although the english skills of some of the lobby staff are a little lacking. The restaurant is pleasant enough (the food a little heavy though and the wine list not offered) but again one starts time travelling backwards. Beware if you eat your breakfast downstairs the food choice quickly gets limited - and you can play a game with your table of trying to find out where the bread choices are hidden.
It's in an area which has many of the large financial companies offices and this is a good choice if you have business in the area - not having to find a taxi in rush hour is a big positive in this city, in particular as heavy downpours come and go. However some of the area around is NOT tourist safe. If you're planning to stay here for a vacation make sure you use the hotel's (excellent) car service and understand where the boundary lines lie in risk.
I'll be back for my business needs. It's a decent enough hotel and they want to please. In another area this would be a much more expensive hotel and it's a good alternative to the increasingly pricey options of the more 'elegant' options in other parts of the city.
While I was there the hotel was crowded out children from some sort of national sports events. They spent their days riding up and down elevators and running around the floors. Whether the hotel consistently sells large block bookings of this type I don't know, but it did make the lobby areas congested and slightly chaotic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel would like to offer you our warmest welcome. We are truly a World Class Hotel. Our experience, quality and name have made us an icon in Bogota. We work tirelessly to provide you with the best service by offering you the high quality, comfort and world class service and facilities you deserve. Bogota opens its doors to you upon your arrival at El Dorado International Airport. The Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel is located just a few minutes away and offers the hospitality and comfort of one of the world s most renown hotel chains. Discover the magic of the Andean city from a unique perspective. You will experience the charm of Colombian culture as soon as you walk through the doors of the Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel A World Class Hotel. Come and enjoy one of our 578 luxurious rooms. We offer 24 hours Room Service, cable TV, voice mail, high speed internet access, laundry and valet service to meet all your demanding expectations. Nowadays we are ISO-9001 certified in our principal services. We are also certified in a local norm, as a five stars Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Tequendama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel Bogota
- Crowne Plaza Bogota
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Bogota
- Bogota Tequendama Hotel