“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 224 hotels in Bogota
USA
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The price on my room (upgraded to a suite with my ICH membership) was stunningly low and even without the upgrade would have represented excellent value.
Inside it is from a decade or more ago.The public areas are large and spacious and there are a full range of services. My room was light, airy and clean. The club room had excellent views over the city and a decent breakfast. All of the staff were helpful although the english skills of some of the lobby staff are a little lacking. The restaurant is pleasant enough (the food a little heavy though and the wine list not offered) but again one starts time travelling backwards. Beware if you eat your breakfast downstairs the food choice quickly gets limited - and you can play a game with your table of trying to find out where the bread choices are hidden.
It's in an area which has many of the large financial companies offices and this is a good choice if you have business in the area - not having to find a taxi in rush hour is a big positive in this city, in particular as heavy downpours come and go. However some of the area around is NOT tourist safe. If you're planning to stay here for a vacation make sure you use the hotel's (excellent) car service and understand where the boundary lines lie in risk.
I'll be back for my business needs. It's a decent enough hotel and they want to please. In another area this would be a much more expensive hotel and it's a good alternative to the increasingly pricey options of the more 'elegant' options in other parts of the city.
While I was there the hotel was crowded out children from some sort of national sports events. They spent their days riding up and down elevators and running around the floors. Whether the hotel consistently sells large block bookings of this type I don't know, but it did make the lobby areas congested and slightly chaotic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Phileas Foggontour:

Receive a cordial greeting in the name of Crowne Plaza Tequendama Hotel and in my own name.
Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services.

The hotel has a history of 60 years old leading the hotel industry in our country, which allows us to have quality and experience in order to offer our clients the best service. As you mention, this hotel provides hosting large groups of people due to its great accommodation capacity. However, we always make sure that this doesn’t affect the good service that we offer to our guests.

We regret that you had problems mentioned above.

We look forward to your next visit to offer the best services.

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I arrived late at night at this hotel I got a room where the garbage and some dirty coffee cups where left (you never know what else..). Then they changed my room, but the internet was not working there- it took them half an hour to get the technician to my room and another hour to get the internet working). After midnight I could already check my emails!
The prices they charge for business center services are out of this world (2 USD per page!!!).

Room Tip: think twice before moving in to this hotel - you have plenty of other hotels with same price and bet...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MariamFLT, at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Jaroslaw S:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services. We regret that you had that situation, since we have a clean service that allows us to deliver each guest clean and neat rooms.

Regarding the Internet, we have changed our provider which it will afford us to offer you a best internet service in your next visit.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've stayed here a total of four times in the past year, and my only disappointment has been the wireless service, which has been worse on each visit. Other than that, however, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are very comfortable, and although I'm a light sleeper, I had no trouble with outside noise or hard mattresses, as some other guests have reported. The reception and other staff are very friendly; breakfast is a fabulous buffet, and the restaurant has an extensive menu that is served fresh and in a friendly manner. I'm not old enough to know what this hotel 'used to be', but I enjoy it the way it is now, and I will stay here on any future Bogota trips. (I've tried others....Holiday Inn Express, etc.), and I've found myself returning to the Tequendama for its quiet, relaxing and comfortable ambience all around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. William G:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services. We regret the problems with WI-FI service; we have changed our provider to get a best internet services.

We look forward to your next visit to offer you a best service.

Skien, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Totally forgott that I have stayed in this hotell, before I found some souvernirs from Bogota.
I stayed here before it was named Crowne Plaza, so its been a few years.
I remember the staff as very friendly and helpfull, the location was quite good, we rented a car everyday, in the evenings we went out to clubs and bars, its within walking distance.
They had a safe down in the lobby were we kept our Camera, money and credit card. Really tought it was safe there.
BUT when we should check out my card was not accepted??
I didnt understand nothing, I knew I had money and I was going to Cuba for 2 weeks.
Not cool when your card doesnt work.
But my friend had money so off we went.
When I came home I find out someone had copied my card and travelled to the US and back.
I didnt even use my card in Colombia, so the only way is that the staff had copied it, it was in the safe from day one.
Its been some years ago and I have learned, hopefully there are also a new staff on this hotell now.
The stay was ok, but the experience was s...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
MariamFLT, Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Jericho J:

Let me thank you for giving us your very valid remarks in our services. We very much regret about that, which we are surprised given that we have a reliable staff. In the same way, we are going to take in account your comment and we will check the facts.

We look forward to your next visit to guarantee you an excellent service.

Yours Sincerely,
Smyrna
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The bed was rock hard. You had to keep turning every 30 minutes to gain comfort. Because there is no air conditioning, the room could get stuffy. When you opened the window for relief, the loud city noise keeps you up. The wireless internet was very very poor. I will be taking my business up town from now on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LuisJorgeJimenez, Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Kelly3341

First of all, we thank you for leaving your comments on behalf of Crowne Plaza Tequendama and foremost apologize.

InterContinental Hotels Group with its brand Crowne Plaza maintains certain standards that all hotels worldwide we hosted for comfortable rest and benefit of our guests, among them are the hardness of the bed, the pillows, the sheets of 340 threads and Sleep Advantage.

The WiFi service is now in full restructuring, as they are changing all the routers and modems that have installed around our hotel.

There are some rooms with Air Conditioning service but not all, as the climate Bogota has not warranted that all have the service, but if at some point our guests request a room with air conditioning, you may contact front desk and request the change to a room of this type, in addition to this, all our rooms have windows for anti-noise sound we know occurs in the street, they also know how uncomfortable it can be this problem outside the hotel.

Again we apologize for what he has been able to present during your stay, but we invite you back to see the many services available to us for our guests whether business or leisure.

Operations Management.
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Good hotel with vera pleasant ADN efficient personnel. Anna from the priority lounge is very nice and smiling. However, rooms need to be repaired, no general light in my room. Please continue with your hospitality to all your guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LuisJorgeJimenez, Gerencia de Operaciones at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Mr. Hugues_Eudeline:

Yours sincerely on behalf of Crowne Plaza Hotel Tequendama and on my own.

Also, let me thank you for giving us your valuable comments and let us know about our services and offer my most sincerely apologies for being inconvenienced during your stay with us.

Rooms will be fully repaired in which we comment that damage and the lights will be fully reestablished.

Already taken appropriate measures and corrective actions for these events are not coming back. We look forward to a new opportunity to offer you our best service.

Operations Management.
Trondheim, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Central location (Cr. X) in a rather tough neighborhood of Bogota (no walking at night), but not far from the historic centre and el Norte. The hotel has nice lobby and old-fashioned grandeur. However, it is VERY WORN DOWN. The signs can be seen almost everywhere. The quality of the rooms depend very much. I have had AWFUL rooms during some stays. Nice service - as always in Colombia - and good food. The spa has NO REAL POOL. Given the prices they charge, there are many better options.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tequendama, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear oyvindei,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the situation of our hotel. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Tequendama? Share your experiences!