“Great Place to Stay in Bogota!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
STAY AT THE # 1
Ranked #1 of 232 Hotels in Bogota
Medellin, Colombia
“Great Place to Stay in Bogota!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My stay at Morrison Hotel 114 was very pleasant and free from drama. The manager, Eduardo, personally welcomed me to the hotel and assured me that I could call on him at any time. The service was outstanding, and the restaurant, which is under the direction of a gentlemanly, experienced restaurateur named Teo, was beautifully appointed and the food was excellent. Breakfast was provided and there were many choices available (omelets, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc.).

Although the staff was uniformly excellent, two members in particular impressed me with their dedication, diligence and caliber of service: A lady named Jeny at the front desk, who spoke English quite well and was extremely helpful, and especially an absolutely remarkable young man named Daniel who was there helping guests at every turn – opening doors, carrying bags, giving an assist wherever needed. Through his own efforts, Daniel has brought his English up to an exceptionally high level so that he may better serve guests at the hotel. As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a good first impression, and Daniel made the best impression possible. I can't thank him enough for contributing to a truly memorable visit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Danny H
Thank you so much for your detailed review, we do appreciate the time you dedicated to us.
We love your statement "MY STAY AT THE MORRISON 114 WAS VERY PLEASENT AND FREE FROM DRAMA"

We are very proud of having in our team Embassadors like Jeny, Daniel and Teo our Greek Chef, they truly make the difference delivering service.with our MORRISON ATTITUDE.

We can´t thank you enough for staying with us and we are looking forward to having you back at The Morrison 114 many, many times more.

Manager Morrison 114
Bogota, Colombia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed three nights for business in September and enjoyed the hotel very much. The staff was fantastic and friendly with strong English speaking skills. Hotel was very clean and secure. Breakfast was good and I had a good dinner there as well. They provided a pass for a local fitness club that was maybe 5 minutes walk that was very well equipped.

I will use again when I come to Bogotá.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Flack,
Thank you so much for your comments we do appreciate it.
We are glad to know you enjojed your stay and our team delivered our MORRISON ATTITUDE
As you could notice the Fitness Centre which we provide access to our guests is very well equipped, 3 floors with 120 equipment and extensive hours, no hotel in the city and I would say in the country offers such a magnificent Gym like we do, THE BODYTECH is considered one of the best Fitness Centre in Latin America, is not far from the hotel and is FREE for all our guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at THE MORRISON 114.
Please and kindly in the meanwhile tell everyone in Havre de Grace, Maryland how efficient and friendly our service is.
Thank you again for using our facilities.

Bogotá, Colombia
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Staff were outstanding. Dedicated customer service made this a very enjoyable stay. Usually I am a very discerning traveller who is only happy in the nicest of places. This hotel met my needs in almost every way with clean rooms, attentive staff and decent rates. Will stay again and again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear "Waltkap"
We are delighted to know we fullfilled and surpassed all your expectations, we love to have demanding travellers, with our MORRISON ATTITUDE we are prepared to satisfied them and to anticípate to all your needs .
We are glad you took advantage of one of our specials.
Thank you for being here, thank you for the time you took letting us known about your stay at THE MORRISON 114.
We are looking forward to have you back many, many times more.
Please and kindly tell everyone in Sttaford, Virginia all about Morrison 114.

MORRISON 114
Newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family spent two weeks recently at Hotel Morrison 114. We enjoyed our stay very much in this clean, modern hotel with an English-speaking staff. It is in great, safe area with many restaurants and stores in easy walking distance. We will happily return in the future to this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Bob H,
WE ARE HERE AT ANY TIME !!!
We can´t wait to have you back at THE MORRISON 114
Thank you for the time you took writting this important feedback.
In the meanwhile please and kindly tell everyone in Newport Beach. California all about our excelent standards and how great our staff is..
Sincerely

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed the weekend on their week-end rate and would stay here again. The hotel is new, the rooms are clean, large and modern, the beds are comfortable, and the service is good. Breakfast was included in the rate and comparable to Marriott Courtyard type breakfast in the U.S. with the addition of eggs to order, tamales (steamed in banana leaves rather than corn husks) and quesadillas. The neighborhood is nice, safe and has several dining options close-by. The location is approximately three miles north of the Zona Rosa (on 114), and thus a taxi is required for nightlife, business or seeing the sights (taxis are inexpensive).
One glitch in the trip resulted in my being charged twice for the taxi service from the airport to the hotel. I paid the driver and the hotel charged me on my bill as they had arranged the service. The confusion resulted in the confirmation, which stated the cost was $43 from the airport. Since it was stated in USD I assumed I needed to pay the driver in dollars so I made sure and carried dollars to pay the driver on arrival at the hotel. I noticed the hotel charged me for the trip when I returned to the U.S. and called the hotel on the matter. They talked to the driver and he did not remember receiving the money from me Friday night. I do not question the driver's honesty, only his memory. (I had to remind him Saturday that I needed to depart to the airport on Monday at 7:00 a.m. even though we discussed the departure time Friday night.) Looking at the big picture, I do not see this as a deal breaker and I would stay here again. But just be sure you understand they will add the taxi service to you hotel bill even if the confirmation quotes the price in USD.
On another matter, Hector Chavarro, who is a taxi driver the hotel uses, gave us a ride to Mount Monserrate. What started out as a taxi ride turned into a tour of Bogota. Hector did a nice job of providing us an overview of Columbia, Bogota, Mount Monserrate, the historic town, Bolivar Square and recommended good, authentic, inexpensive local restaurants close to Bolivar Square. We appreciated the tour although he never asked if we wanted a tour, but rather turned our ride into one without discussing the compensation in advance. In the end, he charged $25 per hour (four hours) and $25 each way for the taxi service ($150). I felt the charge was about $50 to high and he should have asked before assuming we wanted his service, but he was knowledgeable and as we only had two days, it was definitely worth having a knowledgeable guide. (He speaks good English, but I do recommend negotiating with him in advance on the price.) All in all I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel with approximately nine rooms per floor. The lower the room number the furthe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Global Traveler 775
Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison 114. We do appreciate your time writting this important comments and we are looking forward to have you back again.
I want to apologize for the inconvenience and missunderstanding you had regarding transportation services.
I just made a meeting with Mr. Chavarro and all our drivers and I ask them in future to be very precise and accurate when giving rates and information in order to avoid missundertstandings.
I am glad to hear from you Mr. Chavarro is knowledgeable, and speaks good english.
Having in consideration your short time in the city it was worth to have his services.
Please and kindly next time you are in Bogota let me know I would like to meet you personally.

Bogota. Colombia
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I'm very glad that I stayed at the Hotel Morrison. Newer, clean, friendly, great area of the city, very quiet, and excellent wifi. I stayed here for business for three days. Highlights:
- Wifi: they give you a password to the network connection. I never got dropped and the speed was consistently good.
- Staff: friendly and extremely helpful for anything
- Location: lots of international restaurants, every kind of fast food within walking distance. This is on the north side and is a newer area of Bogota that feels very "urban chic." There's a running path/park right outside the hotel.
- Room: Very quiet - didn't hear hallway noise. Modern new building, very comfy and relaxing. Bed is a bit on the stiff side, but soft and otherwise comfy enough
- Taxi: the hotel will call a taxi service for you which is recommended. You can pay the taxi directly and not pay the higher rate through the hotel. These drivers were way safer than taking street taxis (which becomes a near-death experience on many rides).
- Food: breakfast was very nice; fresh made eggs everyday. in the evening, it is a Greek restaurant and the chef is from Greece.
- Insurance: if you prepaid for this hotel, they charge something called "insurance" when you check out. This was a bit of a surprise, and have never been charged this elsewhere. Maybe it is a Bogota thing. It is a few dollars per day.
- Gym; they don't have their own inside gym, but they have an agreement with a nearby gym that you can go to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Daniel W
Bloomington. Indiana.
Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison 114, thank you for this detailed review about our hotel.
We are glad to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. As you noticed we are able to guarantee you permanently a powerful High Speed Internet connection thanks to our formula of having 2 Internet providers at a time.
We are looking forward to have you back at The Morrison 114 once again.

Eduardo Sanchez
Hotel Morrison 114
Bogota. Colombia
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at four different hotels during our time in Bogota. This is well worth the top-ratings it received! The house staff was so knowledgable, ready to help, spoke great English, spent time coordinating our inter-country flights...they really went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and special. The rooms are immaculate with awesome views throughout. The beds are extremely comfortable. The wifi is lightning speed...I really have no complaints whatsoever other than the shower takes 30 seconds to warm up :) Special shout out to Luis, Daniel and Jeny...what an incredible staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EduardoSanchezF, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Brynn K
Thank you so much for the time you took writting this review, It is great to know you had a great experience at THE MORRISON 114 and our team keeps delivering "FANTASTIC SERVICE"
I had congratulated Luis, Daniel and Jenny for their wonderful MORRISON ATTITUDE, they are really our Morrison 114 Embassadors.
Thank you for rating us " WELL WORTH TOP RATING"
We are looking forward to welcoming you back many times more at The Morrison 114, in the meanwhile please and kindly tell everyone in Los Angeles, MORRISON 114 IS THE BEST
Nos encanta tenerle aqui.

Eduardo Sanchez
Bogota, Colombia

Been to Hotel Morrison 114? Share your experiences!