“Hotel Morrison - difficult to beat” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Upgrade on Weekends
Ranked #3 of 240 Hotels in Bogota
Marbella, Spain
“Hotel Morrison - difficult to beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Morrison 114 between 31st October and 4th November.
The hotel has been recently completed to a very high standard and the service and the staff were excellent.
The hotel position makes it easy to reach all areas of Bogota and it is excellently situated for both tourism and business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eduardo S S, Manager at Hotel Morrison 114, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do appreciate it.
All my associates and myself we are very pleased you had a great stay in my hotel.
We hope to have you back at The Morrison 114 Bogota Colombia.
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is very well located, very nice rooms, excellent service, a fantastic Greek Restaurant and the service couldn't be better.

The rooms are very comfortable and nicely furnished.

No doubt it will be my Hotel in Bogota for future trips.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Adriana,
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review, we are extremely pleased knowing yoy had a great stay at The Morrison 114.
We hope to see you soon in Bogota at The Morriosn 114.
New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hotel Morrison 114 is a relatively new hotel just North of Zona Rosa and Parque 93. While those areas are wonderful, the area around the hotel has also got plenty going on that I've learned the locals frequent too. The staff, as other reviewers have mentioned, are top notch employees. They will prepare a car for you for a very fair rate, typically a few more dollars than if you were to hail a cab. If you decide to take a cab, the staff will come outside and record the cab number for security. They will give you a map---which is sponsored by a travel agency of some sort---that is pretty obscure, and not at all detailed. I'd recommend you bring your own. They will point you in the direction of great things to see, and they have a security guard outside most of the day, with the doors locked at night. The elevator requires key access and there will be a safe in the room. Simply put, there are many layers of defense so you should certainly leave valuables in your room, and feel safe while you are there. During rush hour, it may take 15 minutes to get to Zona Rosa, but the fare will be less than $4 US.

The rooms are extremely modern, and perfectly clean. There is a rather large flat screen TV mounted to the wall that gets more channels in English than usual for a foreign country. There is great temperature control and a large shower. The breakfast was good too. They had a buffet style but also made us eggs and bacon dishes to order --- included in the price! And finally, it MUST BE mentioned that the Wireless internet was FAST and FREE. This is an extremely important feature in today's world when traveling abroad as often as I do.

I met with the building manager Eduardo a couple of times in the lobby and he was a genuinely caring person, who was interested in the quality of our stay NOT just in the hotel but in Bogota. He was proud of his country, and his investments, and it showed. I appreciated his time and recommendations, and assured him I would review the hotel positively and return one day again.

Excellent work to the staff, and thank you for setting up the cars for us to and from the city and airport. We will be seeing you again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Doggins,
Thank you for your nice review, outstanding service and security are our top priorities.
We know internet connection MUST be quick and reliable
We are very pleased you had a great stay at The Morrison 114. Looking forward to have you back in Bogota.
On behalf of my associates and myself thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for noticing all the great advantages we offer to all our guests.
We hope to see you soon in Bogota.

Beresford, South Dakota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Rarely have I stayed at a hotel where it felt that people cared so much. I got stranded due to Hurricane Sandy, and Olga in reservations worked with me so I didn't have to pay for days that I was stranded before arriving, and I had a room ready when I came. The front of the hotel is rather unassuming, but the service is second to none. Eduardo, who is the manager, was present every day at breakfast asking everyone if things were ok, could he do anything else, etc. Price of rooms is awesome and includes internet and breakfast. Front desk staff is great, and this property is in an area where there are lots of restaurants, bars, cafes, etc. Plus each room has a beautiful view of the mountains. They made special arrangements to get my dry cleaning done on time and we arranged a number of private drivers, all who were on time and very professional. I would have given 5 stars, but one night we ate in the on-site Greek Restaurant, and the service was horrible. Sitting with an empty beer/wine glass and practically begging for a refill, and waiters that did not seem interested in waiting on us or being friendly. At one point, there was no wait staff at all in the dining room, and there was blaring rap music coming out of the kitchen, which I found offensive for this quiet type of hotel. This was such a stark difference than breakfast service that I had a hard time believing it was the same property! I told Eduardo, the manager, about it and he bought us several glasses of wine and brought a nice cheese plate...but honestly I probably would not go to the restaurant again. Perhaps they should just stick with breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Peter,
Thank you so much for writing this positive review.
I am glad I was able to detect and correct the inconvenience you had at the Restaurant.
We had taken note of this situation and had a meeting with the associates who were working in that shift in order to avoid this happening again.
I am looking forward to have the opportunity to have you back at The morrison 114.
Sincerely
Berlin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The kindness, helpfulness and professionalism of the staff and management were second to none. I felt very safe during my stay there as there security was outstanding. The rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. I look forward to staying there during my next trip to Bogota.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Yohaun,
Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison 114 and for taking the time to write this positive review.
On behalf of all my associates and myself we are very pleased to know you have a great stay at The Morrison 114. Excellent service and security are our top priorities
We look forward in seeing you back at The morrison 114.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

A modern hotel in an excellent location - plenty of bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk and it's located in a safe part of the city.

The staff at the hotel are great and speak english which is a massive help for those who are less fluent in spanish.

All guests at the hotel have access to a state of the art Body Tech gym - the only downside is that it is about 10 blocks away from the hotel so a bit of a walk to hget there.

Overall a great hotel. I would definately stay there again next time I am on Bogota.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison 114 and for taking the time to write this nice review, we are glad you enjoyed our state of the art Gym and you had a wonderful stay at The Morrison 114. We look forward in seeing you back in Bogota very soon.
Cordially.
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The general manager, head chef, and all the hotel staff were very helpful. They made us feel very welcome from their friendly greetings to asking what they could do for us.

The rooms were very clean, modern, and comfortable. Very comfy bed and comforter. The shower was that of a luxurious spa.

The food was fantastic as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your consideration of The Morrison 114 and for writing this review,.
On behalf of all my team and myself Thank you, we are extremely pleased knowing you had a wonderfull stay at The Morrison 114.
We hope to see you and your friends from California at The morrison 114 again.
Manager

Been to Hotel Morrison 114? Share your experiences!