“Cozy and nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel B3 Virrey

You added Hotel B3 Virrey to your Saves list
Hotel B3 Virrey
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 15 con Calle 88 | Costado Oriental, Bogota, Colombia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #69 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Cozy and nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My first time in Bogota, Colombia, and I wanted it to be cool for my birthday weekend, so I chose this hotel. Conveniently located, nice ambiance, friendly staff, breakfast included, close to shops and restaurants. Eco-friendly, which is difficult to find at most hotels. Hotel front building is even covered with nice vegetation, which makes it different yet attractive. One piece of advice though, is to avoid rooms facing the street, as it gets noisy at times. A nice choice to consider if I return! :)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street, if possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
we are glad that your stay was pleasant and look forward to your visit again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

If it weren't for the cost and distance from major sites, I'd stay here again without a second thought.

Hotel location in Colombia is important b/c it's not just about convenience and preferences, but about safety. Though there were other cheaper locations available in La Candelaria for instance, I just did not feel comfortable booking there, though this meant that I would have a 30min commute by Transmilenio daily to get to the sites. The benefits of living here is that you're between Zona Rosa and Parque 93, which are both good for dining, shopping, and nightlife. Also, you are within a 10min walk to the Virrey Transmilenio station, which will take you to other parts of Bogota. However, even on off peak hours, the bus can get very crowded, and if you're unlucky to grab a seat, you're in for a very long, jostling ride.

Service was wonderful. Whatever we requested, we got promptly. There was always a staff member who spoke great English, and city maps were available. Breakfast was satisfying, though the limited number of items did not vary much during our stay. Do keep in mind that Colombia is a tipping country though less so than the US.

Clean room was spacious and included a desk area and showers had good pressure, hot water, and a door. Some toiletries were included and there was a hair dryer. The room had no fridge or microwave or coffee machine, but you can get some refreshments in the lobby at any time. There is also a hotel convenience store area if you do not want to venture out. There was a room safe. Wifi was alright, though a touch slow at times. We were still able to stream videos ok. Our room was on the mountain side, but there was still a little bit of noise even on the fifth floor. Not a problem for me, and husband put in ear plugs. Curtains did not keep out light if you're a light sleeper. Room could get cold at night, despite comforter.

I decided to move after my booked time ended b/c there were cheaper options closer to the city center in the Teusaquillo area though I did sacrifice nearby amenities and room area. Overall, I would still say that the extra cost is reasonable for the area. Def recommend.

Room Tip: Go higher than the fifth fl on the mountain side is noise is a big issue for you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We hope to see you again in our hotel, to enjoy our great location and services
Brasil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very well located, walking some minutes you are at the heart of T zone with plenty of bars, restaurants and night clubs. The bedroom size was ok, very good and large beds. The breakfest was good as well, but nothing special. Some days the room space for it is not enough. The staff is very atencious and friendly. Just one think bothered me: the shower hasnt a door that prevents the water going out of shower cabinet. At least in the 701 apartment.

CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate your good comments, we are putting on floors, shower doors.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm just leaving the hotel. Lets start with the things I like:

Nice place
Helpful staff
New hotel
Avobe average breakfast

Now the don'ts:

4 cardio machines don't make a gym. That is just a cardio mini area.
Too much if I ask to leave at least two rolls of toilette paper in the badroom??
No hand towels in the room
The remote of the tv needs to be changed as well as the cable service.
During the first day of stay power went down at least 5 times.

Well I guess there are things to be improved. In the meantime there are several options nearby at similar prices.

• Stayed August 2013
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We welcome your comments and we are aware of to improve on these suggestions
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had planned my wedding in Bogota therefore I wanted my overseas guest to stay at the same place. My brother found this hotel. At has my doubts as communication was extremely hard to set a fix price for my guest and even after the rate was negotiated we ran into a few misunderstandings... But that said, they corrected everything on a timely manner, were beyond accommodating and nice with my guests. The location of the hotel was excellent and the hotel itself was very pretty!!!! All my guest who stayed at the hotel loved it and we're extremely happy with our recommendation!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We appreciate your good comments, we hope to see you soon again at our Hotel
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great hotel, located in carrera 15 and calle 88 - Zona T

Fantastic location, friendly staff and clean modern rooms with great breakfast and wifi.
Good business hotel and also leisure, good meeting place in lobby of hotel.

Very retro, trendy, funky hotel, I would recommend this hotel to any friend or colleague.
walking distance to shopping centre, restaurants and bar and also close to businesses if you are here for work. As I write the message the friendly staff are serving me a Club Colombian which is the local beer.

Great hotel and you will enjoy, for young couples, business and anyone looking for anything
funky and trendy in a good part of Bogota.

Room Tip: rooms are modern and clean. very good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
hope to see you soon and so continue offering you our service, thank you very much for your comments
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions, and would rather prefer to stay at the Cité Hotel which is just at the rightside. Price is similar, and there is more privacy, rooms are much bigger and breakfast is much better. Bear in mind that hotel is located in a very noisy street ( Carrera 15), and if you get rooms facing this street, for sure you will not be able to sleep. Rooms facing the mountains are less noisy.
When going to the bathroom you can listen to the people´s conversation from the other room. And I am not kidding!!! And the sink is just at the entrance of the room and outside the bathroom.
When taking the shower, water splits everywhere. You better watch out!
Breakfast is poor and the funny thing is that you have to ask the waiter for a coffee spoon.

Room Tip: If you´re going to stay here, ask for higher floors & rooms facing the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
thanks for your comments, we hope to have solved the problem of the shower for your next visit

Been to Hotel B3 Virrey? Share your experiences!