“Loved everything about this new hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel B3 Virrey

You added Hotel B3 Virrey to your Saves list
Hotel B3 Virrey
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 15 con Calle 88 | Costado Oriental, Bogota, Colombia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #70 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Zurich
“Loved everything about this new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great location, nice cafe in a park next door, fantastic buffet breakfast, huge room on 9th floor with amazing views over the city to the mountain. I booked this hotel without much research and was really impressed, its new, fresh and close to some shopping malls. Taxis into other parts of the city are cheap and its one of nicest parts of town. Totally safe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We welcome your visit and stay with us, have been better than you expected. We hope to offer our services again soon. Thank you very much for your feedback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was in Bogota for a wedding. The first night I stayed in La Candelaria to be close to the historic district. We then moved to B3 to be with more of the wedding party. The hotel is very nice. Modern yet simple. The bar, although pricey, makes excellent drinks. The location is great, between Zona T and Parque 93, within walking distance to lots of great bars and restaurants. The only complaint is that my girlfriend did not like the showers (due to her getting her hair wet), but they were fine by me.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
It's nice to know that our hotel has been satisfactory with your stay, hope to see you again to offer the best of our service
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very funky-the bar/ food area had its own DJ for the night-very mellowed out rhythmic type of music. Despite the ambience, this is still a business hotel. The breakfast was good, the staff friendly and helpful-it rained all night and for some reason this resulted in a slow drip reminding me of water torture

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and service, we hope to visit again soon.
We're checking how to solve this problem,
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am writing this review from the lobby. I've been here for a couple days and can say this is a very good place to stay. The photos are accurate. The hotel has a very modern feel without being minimalist. I personally like the brick interior. It has a hip cafe feel.

The rooms are excellent. Granted, I'm a sucker for hardwood floors, but I think it makes it feel more like home instead of the typical carpet. I usually have a hard time sleeping the first night in any hotel, but the bed is comfortable and even with cracking a window for some cooler air, neighborhood noise didn't wake me up.

Breakfast is an array of fruit, which is quite good, some pastries, cereal, two 'hot' items I didn't really investigate, plus juice. Once you sit down, they will come by to ask if you want eggs and something else to drink. If you want a hot chocolate just say 'chock-o-latte' if you do not speak much Spanish.

People that work here are quite friendly - from the front desk staff to the cleaning crew. I did chuckle when I walked in at about 8PM on a Friday night and there was a DJ playing in the lobby. It's not exactly a DJ / Party place. I felt sorry for the lad playing to an empty room.

The bar area is actually pretty nice. It flows into some tables and the lobby but I would hang out for a drink.

Don't be too put off when you first roll up to the building. The street itself doesn't wow you, but it's in a good location. Walk down to 85th and take a left (opposite direction of Carulla grocery store). Great restaurants are within a 10 minute walk. I ate at Gato Negro yesterday. Fish was good. Excellent sauce. Also, if you see El Carnal - try a burrito. Hard to see the name on the sign but it's red/yellow. Little mexican joint. There are two nearby.

I'm traveling solo but there are couples here and a few kids. Everybody seems pretty happy. I paid about $100/night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you at our hotel and offer you a little more about our service
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stood in the Hotel B3 for 3 nights. I went to attend to some business meetings on a Friday and then stood in the hotel until Sunday morning, to spend my first weekend in Colombia. I am an avid business traveler (have spent more than 200 nights in hotels all over the world in the last 3 years, as I am a former consultant) and I can tell you that this hotel is a jewel. There are 6 things that I would highlight: Great location, fast check-in and check-out, great breakfast, good room and hotel facilities, friendly staff with exceptional service, and all in a context of a boutique cool/trendy hotel.

First of all, great location, both for business and casual travelers. I had some meetings early in the morning and it was a pleasure to have a taxi just outside and to make less than 10 minutes to the business area. Also, the hotel is at walking distance (literally) to great restaurants / bars / nightclubs. This was very convenient.

Check-in and check-out was really fast. I hate to wait at the front-desk because usually I am very tired, but the staff at the front desk was very efficient. This is good in high levels of stress and tiredness as when you check in late at night and have traveled for many hours prior to arriving to the hotel.

The breakfast was also a delight. They had a good selection of ham, cheese, tropical juices, fruit, cereals, bread and other stuff in a small bar, plus a tray with eggs and other local food. But what made the breakfast experience memorable was that as soon as I sat down, a staff member approached me asking me if I wanted to order any type of eggs I wish (scrambled, omelet, etc.). I was impressed by how cordial and quick she was. I encourage the hotel to keep up on the good service in the breakfast, as usually business travelers have just 10 to 15 minutes at most to sit down, have breakfast, brush their teeth and leave.

Great room facilities. First things first. I HATE carpets in hotels. The good news is that this hotel does NOT have any carpets in the room. In fact the floors of the rooms seemed to be of a high quality laminated plank, which was a pleasure to walk in with my bare foot. Another great attribute of the hotel was, obviously, the bed. Hotels need to understand that the main experience they provide is a sleeping experience, and this hotel understands that really well. The bed had high-quality white sheets and four pillows. Each pillow was a little different from one another, I noted that 2 of them were kind of soft (low density) medium pillows, and two others were hard (high density) high pillows. I sleep on my belly, so I like soft down pillows (very thin pillows, almost like a towel) and the first two were a little two big but once I put my head on them, the pillow adapted to the anatomy of my body. Also, the window has a blind that completely blocks the light from coming in, which I like. The hotel should think on how to highlight more the sleeping experience, as I think it is a very good attribute. Finally, the shower was also an interesting experience. I HATE shower curtains and this hotel does not have them. However, water splashes a little bit outside the shower area, which is kind of not good, but is better than the ugly nasty curtain. I also found that when the soap touches the floor it gets very slippery, which makes the shower kind of dangerous (I felt that I could potentially fall and hurt myself). The hotel should do something to fix the floor, but overall the shower experience is good.

Friendly staff. I don't like hotels that over-serve you (for example, that the bell boy starts talking to you "casually" to have a "nice conversation". I hate this). Overall I like staff that is friendly enough to approach me to offer me something (like the breakfast lady), but wise and prudent enough to give me my distance. The Hotel B3 staff was just good at this point.

The context was very nice. Good paintings on the walls of the lobby and bar area, small but good-enough gym in the upper floor with very nice view, quick elevators, soft music at the lobby, some walls left with bare cement intentionally (this gives a nice/cool look to the rooms by the way). I like the context.

Very well done. I would definitely come back to Hotel B3!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate knowing that our service and style have been satisfactory, we believe that the best thing about traveling is finding a place to rest just as or better than at home. Many thanks for your good comments and we will consider your suggestions
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Positives:
The hotel was very clean. Friendly staff. Bed comfortable. Electronic key. Car hire. Internet connection in the room.

Negatives:
Terrible location for couples (very far from the city centre - 45 minutes drive). However, if you want to go for a business trip, the location is excellent.
Poor breakfast selection (no bread).
No sleepers, bathrobes. Very small bathroom (poor ventilation).
Gym equipped with just 2 treadmills and 3 spinning bikes (very small).

Room Tip: Ask for a car rental and go outside of the city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CarlosFelipeSantos, Gerente at Hotel B3 Virrey, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
In fact from the hotel to the city center are just 45 minutes, we welcome your comments and hope to see you soon again
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Check in was quick and painless. The people being friendly.

We were put in a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the road. We stayed there the first night. The double glazing works ok, not a huge amount of noise during the night but as the morning rush hour starts you can certainly hear it. We asked the next day to change rooms and were put in the back on the 8th floor. So much better and you have a nice view of the mountains. Try and get one of these back high rooms.

The room is big enough for a couple. The bed was very comfortable and great pillows. Have read reviews of the alarm clock not working but we never used it (phones). There is a wardrobe in the room, not huge but again we didn't really use it apart from coats and a shirt or two. There are no drawers. TV works fine. Not a huge amount of channels for English speakers but didn't bother me.

Safety box in the room. Check. The bathroom is OK, plenty of hot water and the shower is powerful. Yes it may get wet a bit but just put the foot towel on the floor. Not the end of the world!

The breakfast is buffet style and sufficient enough: fruit, ham, cheese, bread, cereal, scrambled eggs, calentada.

Used the laundry service. Came back the same day as long as you put it in before 9.30. In fact we used twice and the second time handed it in after midday and it still came back the same day at no extra cost.

Location great for zona Rosa and parque 93. Safe location as well.

Internet works fine if slow, but not the problem of the hotel I think. Problem in Bogotá

Used the small gym. They have two treadmills and two bikes. Works fine.

Staff friendly.

Only slightly negative thing is that there is no mini bar in the room, but again not the end of the world.

Overall great value for your money, highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
The most important thing for us is to offer a good service and get better and better. Thank you very much for your good comments, we will consider your suggestions and hope to see you back with us

Been to Hotel B3 Virrey? Share your experiences!