“Incomparable service anywhere else in Bogota” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 1,009 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: La Mina Steak & Lobster is one of the most renowned steakhouse in Bogota, Colombia. Steaks and lobster among its biggest specialties with two wine cellars. Great for special occasions whether it be for business of pleasure.
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
“Incomparable service anywhere else in Bogota”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

After celebrating a wedding anniversary, I thought this would be a fantastic location for a celebratory dinner. The ambience is one of the best and most up-scale in Bogota. With rock from the Zipaquira salt mine and luxuries furniture and decor - this should be a top choice for anyone wanting to celebrate a special moment.

What really stood out to me was the service. The restaurant, knowing this was my anniversary, went out of the way to decorate the table with rose petals and provide a complementary dessert. Additionally, the maitre'd was constantly watching to make sure nothing was left out, whether my drink was low or break was running out, they were a footstep and never had to be beckoned for service - an unfortunately problem in Colombia.

The only reason I did not give this 5 stars was the food itself. While good, it was not spectacular. I ordered the surf and turf (ribeye and lobster) and my wife ordered the ribeye. The meat is reportedly imported, but I was not a fan. The steak was extremely thin, and little to no marbeling/fat (seemed much more like Colombian meat). When I pay $40+ a plate in Colombia for "American" Angus beef, I expect to get a fat steak with great fat and flavor. At other establishments like Harry Sasson or La Brasserie, this is what I get when asking for the imported "ojo de bife" - this was not the case at la Mina. The lobster tail was good. The mashed potatoes were mediocre and there was no grilled asparagus included as noted on the menu which I did not argue about since I am not a huge fan anyways. As a side with her steak, my wife ordered a tasty sounding potato dish that sounded similar potatoes au gratin, but turned out to be a large boiled potato sliced in half with a wedge of mozzerella cheese and green onion.

Overall, the restaurant is beautiful and has amazing service. I just don't know if I would say this is the best tasting restaurant around. Perhaps this is due to a menu change (I believe they did this recently), food suppliers, and/or executive chef inexperience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ramon_E_Diago, General Manager at La Mina Steak & Lobster, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear visitor,
First, we would like to thank you for sharing such special occasion with us. It is always an honor and a pleasure to make you feel welcome and go the extra mile to offer you an unforgettable experience. Also, thank you for your feedback regarding our meat and dishes, rest assured that we will check up with the chef in order to provide an exquisite flavor for your next visit. Thank you for choosing La Mina Steak & Lobster and we look forward to having you again soon.

“Michelin grade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good quality produce, high standard of execution, nice and quiet ambiance, excellent service & a great place for business meetings. Excellent savory dish although you can save your buck on the desserts. Go if you wanna see a new type of wet towel served at your table! Detailed review: http://wp.me/p3883e-lT

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear guest,
Thank you for your visit and for the time you have taken to comment about your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your meal as well as the service and the ambiance of the restaurant. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to serve you soon once again.
“David Leuthold”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I visited La Mina my last night in Bogota. The service was excellent, attentive but not over bearing. The plate presentation was well done and the flavors great. The wine presentation was better than most high end places in the U.S. La Mina is perfect for a romantic dinner or an important business dinner. Overall, one of the best restaurants I have been to in 2014.

Ramon_E_Diago, General Manager at La Mina Steak & Lobster, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear guest,
We cannot tell you how pleased we are to know we are one of the best restaurants you have been to in 2014. Please know that it is nothing short of a pleasure to offer you an unforgettable experience from beginning to end. We hope to have you on your next visit to Bogota and thank you for choosing La Mina Steak & Lobster
Rio de Janeiro
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We loved this restaurant. The maitre and the waiters were attentive and friendly. Food was superb. The ambiance was quiet and nice. We shall return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ramon_E_Diago, General Manager at La Mina Steak & Lobster, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing us and giving us a chance to offer you an unforgettable experience. It is nice to know the service provided was satisfying and that the food was great. We will be expecting you and thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience.
Austin, Texas
“Outstanding Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I have to say i would normally not eat in a restaurant inside a hotel just because i tend to look for a more of a local experience. But this time i decided to try La Mina just because i experienced the outstanding service inside the JW Marriot.

From the arrival to the check, what an fantastic service. Food was outstanding with a great Assado de Tira that i could cut with the fork! Attention to the details really matter to me and they had it all covered, from the onion soup ordered, warm bread and different types of salt to use with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Overall a great experience during lunch time and I believe at anytime.

Visited April 2014
Dear guest,
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing the JW Marriott during your visit to Bogota. It makes us very glad that you decided to give La Mina a try and that we delivered fulfilling all your expectations of what an outstanding restaurant should be. We hope to have you back with us soon and thank you for taking the time to tell us and other travelers about your experience at La Mina Steak & Lobster.