“Big deal!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Big deal!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was a 1 night stay but I have nothing to complain about!! The room was quite big, the staff was very helpful, I loved the modern environment! The bar is nice and computers with internet are available for free at the lobby. It is important to mention that the hotel is located by the airport so do not expect a nice view, things to do or places to go in the area! If you're not driving you will for sure need a cab (The staff will schedule it so no worries but it is important to be aware that the cab driver will probably try to rip you off).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Mrs. Torquato,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Also thank you for such flattering comments, as these are a lot of motivation for all our talents and help us continue to provide excellent service.

Marilia Pergola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place will nickle and dime you to death, we ended up paying almost $100 above the fee of the on-line the reservation, since we arrived late we had no recourse. Room cleanliness was well below standards. The only thing rougher than their towels was the front desk staff's attitude. Electrical outlet plate screws were missing from outlet by beds (risk of electrocution to add to the amenities), view from windows was dreary. Avoid this place at all cost, There are much better options for less money near the airport. We thought we were going to be staying at an upper end hotel but this is not the case for this property.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Fergua,

Regarding your comments about the service, we are already working with the team
This certainly is not the experience Aloft we should offer our guests and I'm really sorry this happened to you.

Our goal is to offer our guests a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish, and we are truly sorry that did not carry out this promise.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I came into Bogota late in the evening and had booked into the Aloft hotel via Hotels.com. This is what I want in a 'close' to airport hotel. The taxi ride was very needed but short. Reception was welcoming and quick but the room was just ideal. Modern, crisp and clean with much more space than I expected. The hotel has the feel of a pod hotel but the rooms were a surprise. Internet was fast and stable. Coffee machine helped and so did the two free water bottles given the altitude. There's a central 'grazing' area where guests mingled. The room was quiet and I recommend this for any layover.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Dervaig M,

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The front office service was terrible! He should be fired. Even though my friend pre-paid for the room and changed the reservation to my name, they would not check me in until an hour after fighting and proving my case. I explained that my friend had an unexpected death in the family and did not travel so he changed the reservation to my name days before my arrival. I tried to show proof of the change and the manager's reply was to send an email to Expedia or discuss it with the manager the next day, at which time I would be on a flight back to the US - ridiculous. I can't emphasize how frustrating the experience was. In my 30+ years of travel, it was one of the worst experiences. Since I only had 5 hours at the hotel, it was a complete waste of time and money. I also requested a 5:00 am wakeup call and even this was not done. I am lucky I woke up and got my flight.

I can not emphasize enough that you should find another hotel to stay in Bogota.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Todd,

I have already checked with my team, and the checkin process took so long because we did not receive the information of name change from the travel agency, but it does not justify the way and we are already taking the necessary actions.

South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Aloft at Bogota airport was a haven, a very pleasant place to spend a 15 hour layover, especially after what amounted to an all day trip from Manizales.

A few days beforehand, I emailed the hotel to ask about how to find the shuttle. The reply came back rather quickly, and in English!

The hotel decor is ultra modern but still welcoming and warm, as was the English speaking front desk staff. We had a lovely dinner at the bar and a comfortable night in the spacious and well appointed room.

I would highly recommend Aloft to anyone needing a place to spend a long and otherwise uncomfortable layover.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear TangoKat,

We hope to welcome you again at this hotel.

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I haven't even checked into this hotel and there's already a problem. The confirmation that was emailed to me from the hotel says you absolutely must call in advance with your flight information if you want the shuttle to pick you up. So I made the international call to the hotel tonight and spoke with someone at the front desk who said something about where to get the shuttle. But when I asked if she needed my flight number I didn't even finish the question before she put me on hold. After a few minutes of being on hold (on the international call) I hung up and called back, only to get the same person who put me back on hold again. I tried a 3rd time with the same result and so I give up!! I guess I'll hope the shuttle is there or I can just take a taxi, but the front desk at this hotel is very rude!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are already working with the Front Desk team, and we are very sorry this happened to you.

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed overnight but the room was very nice and clean. Room service was fast and service in general very good. The location is convenient if your need to be near the airport, but it may take some time to go to downtown specially with traffic.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marilia P, General Manager at Aloft Bogota Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Jairo Lopez,

Marilia Pergola

Been to Aloft Bogota Airport? Share your experiences!