“Good location, beware exchange rate” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates from $99
Ranked #23 of 237 Hotels in Bogota
Miami, Florida
“Good location, beware exchange rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Modern hotel located in an excellent part of the city with many attractions and restaurant options near by. My only complaint about this hotel was the exchange rate they were charging when I checked out. During my stay the best exchange rate I could find was 2280 pesos to the dollar but the hotels rate was 2500 which is about 10% higher. When I made my reservation I agreed to one price but at this rate when converted to dollars I was charged more. If you can pay for your room prior to arriving then I would suggest that you do so.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Have visited the Hilton Bogota in several occasions for work and can only speak of positive things of the hotel. Specially like the high level of service, the cleanliness of the rooms the second floor lounge. The only thing I would improve is the quality of the food for room service, it is not bad at all, but could be much better. But very close by are excellent restaurants in the "G zone".

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The HIlton here in Bogotá simply doesn't cut it. You get a comfortable room, but nothing fits the luxurious experience the hotel's name sets you up to have. There is a very nice heated pool and a great gym, but besides that everything is just mediocre.

My biggest qualms with the hotel were the AWFUL room service (the pizza was disgusting, the french fries as well) and the WiFi charge. The explanation we were given was that marketing research points out that peer hotels charge for WiFi. It is beyond me how this logically leads to the Hilton also charging for internet, specifically because I would expect a hotel to want to outdo its competitors, not conform to their services. Anyways, that is pretty false, considering that I stayed at other locations that were not only more comfortable than the Hilton but also had better service and food with free WiFi for a better price.

I also felt that the prices for the generic minibar were astronomical. I expect to pay more in a hotel, but out of principle I refrain from paying the equivalent of almost ten dollars for a bottle of water.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

We thank you for letting us know your experience in our hotel and for your feedback; all comments will be considered and we will immediately take corrective actions. Also we want to invite you, to future opportunities ask to our reservation agents for rates with breakfast and internet.

Thank you very much and hope to welcome you back soon.

Joao Pessoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I´ve stayed two nights in two different weekends last month. On the first night I got a bigger room with separated office in the "Executive floor" and on the second night I got one of the smaller rooms. The size does make a difference but the bed and all other items are the same, room was very quiet and shower was great.

I´m a Hilton Honnors gold member so I got free internet and free breakfast at the executive lounge. The lounge is located on the 2nd floor and also offers a happy hour. The food selection on the happy hour was great, with lot of options, probably the best lounge I´ve seen with Hilton.

Colombia charges IVA tax of 16% on hotels, but if you are a foreigner living abroad and have a P5 stamp on the passport you don´t have to pay. There is a 3rd clause to the law, saying that you have to book a package from the hotel, and Hilton Bogota does emphasize that a lot. In the end I had to pay the tax (Hilton Cartagena didnt charge the IVA). So if you don´t want to pay the 16% be sure to book room+breakfast at the Hotel (even if that does not make sense as you are a Hilton Gold/Platinum and get free breakfast at the lounge).

The rules of this "package" are not very clear, so please make sure Hilton Bogota clarifies that before you book the room. Rooms are very cheap during weekends,

There is also a gym and a pool at the hotel but i didn´t check them. Location is great, 2 blocks away from great restaurants (Zona G).

Room Tip: higher floor, try rooms on the left site of the building as they tend to be bigger.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Many thanks for share your experience on Hilton Bogotá; we can see that you really know the brand and our Hotel, and your information will be useful for futures guests.

We hope that on your next stay you can do use of pool and allow us to assist you as HHonors Gold that you are.

Best Regards,

Ballston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My sponsors negotiated a package rate for its employees that includes breakfast, internet, and executive lounge access, so I was generally a happy traveler. The room was clean, spacious, well lit, and had the best laid-out bathroom that I have encountered in many years, with a vanity counter the size of a football pitch. (See a slightly earlier review, which gave a very accurate description in some detail.) Ditto for the desk -- plenty of surface, well laid out power points, good lighting.

My one downer with the hotel was the breakfast. The buffet line-up was generally good, but there was bacon on the buffet only one morning of the three that I dined there and there is no egg station, just tepid buffet scrambled eggs, next to tepid buffet French toast. You could make your own [hot] waffles. If it is possible to order eggs from the kitchen, no one ever volunteered that and there was no menu presented or a card on the table. Coffee was hard to come by and a bit weak.

The executive lounge is in the top percentiles -- very good small dishes, nice wine and beer choices, and friendly staff throughout the day.

My TV was broken when I checked into my room, though they did get it fixed in reasonably short order. Operating it was a bit of a challenge for this ol' fogey and I needed instruction from the fixer guy. The TV channel line-up included BBC World News.

The one liter bottle of water in room at check-in is not complimentary but may be had for $11.00. Really! I took a walk and found a little grocery store and bought what I needed for less than one U.S. dollar per bottle.

I was surprized at the very confusing laundry form -- shirts are under the dry cleaning category. At any rate, I gave it a try and the shirts were actually laundered. Total cost for a man's shirt, sox, and skivvies was about US$14, not bad for a multi-star hotel.

I do not ordinarily comment of the staff at a hotel unless they are completely incompetent -- I am quite independent and generally want to be left alone. But at this hotel I have to give the highest marks to the second shift concierge, who was extraordinarily helpful and competent. Her English is close to colloquial and she managed complex tasks (with many points of potential failure) perfectly.

The hotel is a five minute walk from the gourmet restaurant zone -- take advantage of that. We enjoyed Casa Bizarra.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

We want to thank you for sharing your opinion about Hilton Bogotá.
For us the comments and the point of view of our guests are really important; always are taken in consideration because they help us to working looking for the excellence.

We are glad to hear that your room and bathroom exceeded your expectations; that our staff accomplished our promise value: offer an innovative and friendly service.

Regarding the breakfast buffet, we will to share your opinion with the executive chef and F&B Manager, to take the corrective actions.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and choose Hilton Bogotá.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Warm Regards,
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It is sad when you are staying at a hotel, expensive as this one and you have to pay for internet, and when you call they tell you to go to the lobby, is free there. Can some explain to me why if you are paying for a room a lot of money you can not get internet for free, but if you are just visiting, the internet is FREE, I really do not understand this and I would appreciate if some at Hilton can explain please.
Rooms are ok

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about Hilton Bogotá. It was a pleasure to have you in our Hotel.

We would like to invite you for the next bookings, ask our agents of reservations about the rate with breakfast and internet included.

Always you welcome to this your home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I traveled to Bogota Columbia on business to assist one of our Locations to prepare for an upcoming audit. During this visit, I stayed at the Hilton Bogota Hotel and was very satisfied with the accommodations and security at this full service hotel. The hotel is centrally located in the downtown area, with several restaurants / Pubs available for the choosing within walking distance of the hotel. I would definitely recommend you to experience this hotel during your visit to Bogota.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in at the hotel was facing the main street. it was relatively quite and very comfo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you in our Hotel; We are glad to know that we exceeded our expectations and to know that you will be comeback.

We hope to welcome you very soon.

Warm Regards,
Klaus Ziller

Been to Hilton Bogota? Share your experiences!