“Good place to stay, not charming, but spaceful and international.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bogota

Special Rate
Rates from $99
Ranked #35 of 240 Hotels in Bogota
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good place to stay, not charming, but spaceful and international.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

At this hotel you will not find a charming place. Hilton is a kind of hotel you don't have any headache, but either charm or contact with the local culture. Rooms are big and comfortable and the breakfast can be as international as local, where you will find the most exquisite juices from Colombia. The bar can also serve a salad or a sandwich if you arrive later and the restaurant is already closed. Even if it is not that close to the amazing museums Bogota offers (Gold Museum, Casa de la Moneda, Botero Museum and National Museum!), it is very close to great restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for share your opinion about Hilton Bogotá; we are pleased to know that our Hotel, our food and Beverage and our rooms exceeded your satisfaction. We hope you come back to the city and our Hotel; will be a pleasure to have you again with us.

Klaus Ziller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Missouri City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I read the reviews here prior to booking. I did not experience any of the sound issues others mentioned here. I was on the 12 floor away from the street. It was VERY quiet.

I took advantage of the Executive Lounge every evening. I don't recall that being mentioned here. The hotel has a great happy hour. The layout is like a tapas type experience, with desserts and beverages.

The Executive Lounge also serves breakfast in the morning, again, not a typical Hilton experience for breakfast. So much more than a continental breakfast.

I wish the restaurant served some type of local fare. It seemed the menu is limited to American choices.

The wifi throughout the hotel needs some sort of work. The bandwidth, when you can get on the wifi is good, but the signal strength of the radio's is terrible. It drops constantly.

One recommendation I would like to give the management, as I see they read these reviews, would be to highlight the taxi service they have at the hotel. I wasn't aware of this until day 2. It really is a great service that allows you to charge the fare to the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for to share your opinion about our Hotel; we fell really happy with comments like yours, because motivate us to keep working to be better every day and always exceed the expectations of our client.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you again in this your house.

Pozuelo de Alarcon, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a beautiful hotelwith great staff. Me and my family stayed in the Hilton for a month and they really made us feel like home. Food was great and the people in the restaurant were amazing. We will never forget our experience in this hotel. HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for share your opinion about our Hotel. Comments like yours make we happy, because our promise of value is offer an innovate and friendly service , and to hear that you and your family they felt at home, fills us with joy and make us keep working to be better every day.

We hope to have you in the near future.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel is gorgeous and the staff is amazing! Unfortunately, we only got to spend one night here, but the staff made sure that all of our needs were met (they even packed us complimentary breakfast to go, since we had to leave so early in the morning). The rooms are magnificent, especially the bathrooms (wow!). It's far from the airport, but close to the city center. Great hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Guest

Your comments make us happy; our promise of value is offer a friendly and innovative service, and is a pleasure for us to read your opinion about Hilton Bogotá. We hope to have you again as soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed 7 nights at the Hilton Bogotá as I was running a regional event. It was a great experience. Excellent Service from all staff, always with a smile. Hotel accommodations and facilities were great. Great location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about Hilton Bogotá. Was a pleasure for us to have you on our Hotel.

We hope to welcome soon.

Best Regard

ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stayed at Hiltons and their sister hotels many times globally but I have to say that this one is has the best ranking in Hilton Hotel Friendliness.
I stayed here for 2 nights .
The reception area staff and especially their concierge guys are excellent .
Always a smile and a pleasant conversation . They know everything and if they do not they will immediately find out.
My room was very quiet,spotlessly cleaned ,and very climate control friendly. Lots of lighting and plugs .Plus, I had an excellent bed .The shower was fantastic as were the amenities.
The breakfast was exceptionally good . Lots of variety .My only advice is that the serving staff come to you after you have been seated and ask whether you want coffee or tea and then make sure that you are refilled if so desired.
The hotel is located in the upscale financial district where there is not much happening tourist wise .Taxis are abundant and cheap.Ask the hotel staff
to call a reliable taxi firm for you .
Remember do not drink the water in Bogota and do not order any concentrate
diluted soft drinks and ice anywhere . Refuse water with your meals unless YOU get to pour it from a sealed bottle .
I had a late dinner in their restaurant .The service was exceptionally good and the food was super.I recommend their steaks.
If you need bottled water or take away foods,etc. ask the concierge staff (who speak excellent English) to direct you to the new supermarket which is a 3 minute walk across and up the street to the right of the Bank Building. The supermarket (within a brick building) on the left side of the street has everything and some staff speak English or just ask some of the shoppers .

I may of missed it but the hotel could have an ATM machine for client use.
The internet is not free in the rooms .The charge is quite high considering the room rate is high .It should be free! This would make a lot of people very ,very happy .My association with people staying at the hotel led to this topic and it was a universal agreement that the charge should be eliminated considering the high room rate . Many International travelers choose hotels that offer free internet they will not stay at ones that charge for it if the room rate is high .Perhaps you should review your policy .

Thanks for an excellent stay !

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the courtyard/back side
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Klaus Z, General Manager at Hilton Bogota, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Comments like yours make us very happy and help us to improve our service. Thank you for share your opinion.

I sure let know our staff your comments. We hope to have you in Hilton Bogotá soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Let me start my review by saying that I spent a full two-months in this hotel, which will obviously affect my views.

The hotel itself is rather new, situated in the new business district of Bogota. It is walking distance to some of Bogota's greatest restaurants in zona G, and a short cab ride from the shopping / nightlife neighbohood.

Rooms are relatively spacious, beds extremely comfortable, and furniture modern and sober. There is a large working table with plugs, which proved very practical for me. The hotel lobby may lack a bit of personality - but this is still a business hotel primarily. The gym is great, and the pool area perfect for weekends - although it seems they regularly have work there.

I found food to be good - the breakfast in particular was diverse and included freshly made eggs, waffles and a variety of western and latin american options. Dinner and in-room were generally good as well, although there were some hits and misses.

The service is what sets this hotel apart: from the reception to the breakfast area, the doorman, all employees are smiling, service-oriented, and will go out of their way to make you feel confortable, without ever being intrusive! I had a couple of issues with bookings and rates at some point, but these were rapidly taken care of. And while security measures can sometimes feel a bit too much, I guess they are necessary for Colombia

I'll happily go back to the Hilton in Bogota or recommand it, especially after visiting a couple of other hotels in the city!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our team members were amazing. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I hope to welcome you very soon in this your home!!

Klaus Ziller

Been to Hilton Bogota? Share your experiences!