“Excellent quality, service and location (to airport)” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 240 Hotels in Bogota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent quality, service and location (to airport)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here twice whilst in transit of Bogota airport. It is conveniently located with shuttle service provided to/from the airport. The service by hotel staff was great with English service provided too. The quality of the room and other hotel amenities is great; very clean and fresh. The breakfast available at the hotel provides an excellent start to the day including some typical Colombian dishes. Would easily stay here again and recommend it to anyone inlcude people traveling on business.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HolidayInn_Bog, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bogota Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments, I am very pleased you were so happy with your stay, I will forward your lovely review to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Jorge E. Pinzon P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I managed to snag a room here for $70 usd via Expedia's mobile site. A real bargain as it was about the same price as taking a taxi to/from Candelaria and a night in a private room at a hostel. Although we are backpackers who generally prefer hostels, when I'm in Canada / US I stay exclusivly at 4* hotels, so I do have some point of reference.

#1 complaint I read is about the shuttle. We arrived on a flight from Medelling in Avianca's domestic terminal. As promised the pick up point is Gate 2 but there are no signs indicating hotel shuttles. The main terminal there was a holiday inn person with a sign, but at the Avianca terminal there isn't. I called the hotel to let them know when my flight was coming, but then I Called again to let them know we managed to hop a flight 1 hour early.

We waited 45 minutes for the shuttle. When the shuttle arrived they had my name / flight on a printed sheet so looks like they try and time the shuttle for when the flights get in. We saw the marriot shuttle like 4x while waiting for ours. If you see the Sheraton shuttle and speak a bit of spanish, try and catch a ride with them as the Sheraton is right next door. This works in the US but not sure about Colombia.

The check in process was fairly quick, though they added a $6 charge for insurance or some non sense like that. $6 is a very trivial amount but the fact that it was not disclosed anywhere on Expedia I find is misleading. I'm sure its the local custom or whatever, but this should be stated somewhere.

The hotel employees speak good english, and the breakfast which was included in our $70 rate consisted of eggs, sausage, fried potatoes and the usual ceral / bread.

The hotel is extreamly clean, sheets were really nice. This is what you'd expect from a US / Canada 4* hotel.

We ate at a place near the sheraton called "Buffalo Wing" it was just okay, nothing special. There is an exito express grocery store if you want to buy some booze or snacks.

Before checking out they must check the mini bar, I told them we were running late for our flight and they sent someone up right away to check.

I would stay here again. You need a card key to get the elevator to move so it does feel more secure. It's also the first place I've seen bomb sniffing dogs smelling every vehicle on teh way into the garage. Probably because it's close to the US embassay and caters to business travellers. The hotel did seem very quiet which explains the low rate.

Note: Ice machine is on the 6th floor only.

Room Tip: If you are going to be using the ice machine, ask for the 6th floor. Otherwise ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GM_HolidayInn_Bog, Manager at Holiday Inn Bogota Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to comment about your experience in our hotel and for letting us know your opinion, regarding service and satisfaction level.
It is our goal to improve our product and services and all the feed back you can provide us is truly important to get the highest levels. We will take in consideration your pick up service experience to review and take actions to be able to reach guest´s expectations.
We truly hope to have a new opportunity to welcome and serve you the way you deserve.

Best Regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have travelled to Bogota on several occasions in recent years and on my last visit on 23rd November 2012.....I decided to stay at Holiday Inn near the airport.

I found the commmunication with the Hotel Customer Services very professional prior to my visit and during my visits. The Hotel provides FREE transfers to and from the Airporst.
I sent them my flight details and I was informed via e-mail from them not worry because I will be picked up from airport. My Lufthansa flight from Birmingham ( via Frankfurt) was delayed BUT I was pleased to see the Holiday Inn representative waiting for me outside the airport.

Bogota has unfair reputation for being unsafe but I was glad to see the Hotel Rep....stress free transfer to the Hotel.

The Hotel is very close to the Airport ,,,,,,approximately 10 minutes away.

The Hotel was very clean and the reception staff were very helpful and check in process took few minutes.

I was allocated very quiet room on the 9th floor ( room number 907) and it was very clean, had all the necessary facilities eg plasma tv,,ironing board and press for clothes, coffee/tea making
facility, The bathroom was clean but only had shower ( no tub).....shampooo was provided.
The room had very good view to the city and I must say the bed was excellant, The bed linen and pillow were of excellant quality and I very good sleep.

Room service is available 24 hours but i did not use it... therefore I have no comments.
Gym and other such faciilities are available on the premises and again I have no comments on this because I not use them. But they looked great!

The Hotel provides complementary breakfast. The breakfast provision is of a good quality eg both hot & cold food options is available with variety of food type. eg fruit juices,cereals, soft drinks,bread types,eggs and sausages etc The breakfast room area is clean and well layed out! The Staff were helpful. I must say I enjoyed the Hotel.

I stayed for one night on 23rf Nov and on the following morning I checked out and left for the National /Domestic Airport for my flight to Manizales and once again transfer to the Airport was provisde free by the Hotel. What more can I ask for!

Therefore it is good hotel.....clean,,,,, large rooms....,professional service.....free transfer to & from the airport and great breakfast. etc Note it is Non smoking Hote. I will definately stay ther again and do not hestiate recommend it to my friendss or colleagues!

Room Tip: Room 907 has good view,,,,it is quiet and spacious bed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GM_HolidayInn_Bog, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bogota Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and you had a good experience in our hotel. We have shared your comments with our staff who is always pleased to hear from satisfied guests, we hope to be able to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Atlanta USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This place is great. My wife was there this week overnight on her way to pieria with our son, and speaks no Spanish, and the staff at the hotel, especially hector was so very kind, patient and helpful. Room with king bed was very nice. The courtesy bus service was great and saved my wife $30 on a taxi (she was being overcharged at the airport - don't pay it, go wait for the hotel bus). Breakfast was nice too. If hi are American and looking for a safe and convenient overnight stay near airport in bogota look no further - this is perfect! thanks Hector!!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GM_HolidayInn_Bog, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bogota Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest:

Best Regards and thank you very much for taking the time to express your opinion about our hotel.
It is glad indeed to know that your wife´s experience was a great one.
For us is a pleasure to serve you and to know that we will have the opportunity to serve you on the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was not expecting a great deal whn I booked this hotel as I was just trying to be close to the airport for my morning fight back to the states. Well I was pleasantly surprise, the hotel is fairly new (1 year) and I have to say maybe the most comfortable hotel I stayed in during a week in Colombia.

The rooms are quiet, bright and beautiful, beds are very comfortable. Good internet service, nice flat panel tv with reasonable amount of english speaking channels, all was great in the room.

The check in experience was quick and with a smile, staff was great. The biggest surprise was the restaurant, a quick meal at night was actually quite delicious and priced reasonably. The bigger surprise was the free breakfast buffet the next morning, delicious with many hot options and varieties to choose from in fruits, eats, eggs, breads etc....delicious, best option in a week.

The final departure was quick and accurate and they even provide a free shuttle to the airport.

If you are leaving early morning for a flight or just looking for a good business option this place is a great choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest:
Thank you very much indeed for your comments.
For us it was a pleasure to have you here, we work every day to improve our service.
We truly hope to have you here on your next visit to Bogota.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Surprisingly well-decorated with friendly staff, free airport shuttle and decent food. The bed's comfortable and the wifi's free, making it a great option for business travelers or those who need to be close to the airport.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM_HolidayInn_Bog, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bogota Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your experience in our hotel.
We are truly glad you had a pleasant stay with us, and hope you give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Bogota.

General manager
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Close to the airport, with free shuttle running until 11 pm (the only drawback!), clean, comfortable rooms and a decent breakfast spread, this hotel is perfect for an overnight or layover break. There is nothing really of interest in the area, so I wouldn't recommend it for a tourist gig, but for a business traveler needing quick, easy access to the airport, this is a great option!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GM_HolidayInn_Bog, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bogota Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for the time you took to write you opinion about us and for your comments. For us it was a pleasure to have you here. We hope you come again in the near future. We will expecting you.

Regards

Jorge E Pinzon

Been to Holiday Inn Bogota Airport? Share your experiences!