“Close to everything you want to see” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Augusta

You added Hotel Augusta to your Saves list
Hotel Augusta
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Jimenez No 4-77, Bogota 11001, Colombia (Formerly Hotel BD Nueva Granada) (La Candelaria)   |
Ranked #60 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
“Close to everything you want to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights, it is a very fair and very helpful choise as it in walking distance to all the museums in the city center. Rooms are clean, big enough and breakfast is ok.At night if you want to go to zana rosa or zona t crab a taxi (30 minutes 15000)

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights, and I really enjoyed my stay. Overall, the staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful. There was one man at the front desk who was very rude, but he was an exception.

My room was always clean, it was a very nice size and the WIFI worked great. I had no complaints about the temperature of the room, and the water was always hot when I needed it.

The area isn't the best, but it is pretty centrally located around some cool shops, plazas and museums (Museo del Oro is just a few blocks away). There's a little shoe store right around the corner that sells handmade leather shoes for a great deal! I think I went there three or more times during my stay. There's plenty of places to eat close by, and the hotel has a decent restaurant. The hotel restaurant doesn't serve typical Colombian food, but they had pretty good Italian food.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel is in a very busy part of Bogota... Excellent for tourist who want to see the city. Transportation is readily available. The food places surrounding this place is AWESOME... my stay here was wonderful. I truly enjoyed this place. It was quiet. The rooms were.... Okay.... The shower needed some work...but overall I would stay here again and again.... Nice place.... Cafes are bountiful and the coffee is AMAZING... This is very close the Historic and Shopping districts. You would like it here.

Room Tip: Check the room and the shower first....otherwise you should be fine...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

You can live Bogotá just fron here!!! Great service, and the tow restaurant are just great and if you like to party, tow blocks to south you can find it

• Stayed January 2012
East Hampton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011 via mobile

Great location near to must of historical locations. Very cleand elegant and moder decorat with comfortable beds with down pillows . I will Defenely be back

• Stayed December 2011
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

i went for holidays with my boyfriend and i felt really confortable right from the beginig when we started talking to the girl in the front desk.. they're all so kind and helpful they provided me with all the information i needed.. the rooms are nice and clean, the bathroom was also very clean. they do have other facilities ( aircon,internet, swiming pool, spa..) which i enjoyed every day.. oh and they also have exquisite food.. it was such a good experience they're doing a excellent job!!
i give them 9 out of 10!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I asked for a bed that was king or queen, at the time of my arrival they couldn't provide that so my wife and I had to share a twin (single) bed. The bathroom cabinet/vanity it was so close to the toilet that the granite counter top was touching my rib (I'm not exagerating), I know I am not the thinnest person in world but I am not thick either. My elbow could rest inside of the sink. the finishing touchest lacked of attention. If someone wants pictures (proof) of what i'm saying, let me know, I'll send them to you. ([---]). I hated the place... I'm not going back!!!

Room Tip: Just don't go there.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Augusta_Bogota, Gerente at Hotel Augusta, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
For us it is satisfying to be able to have customers like you. Therefore, we appreciate the time spent on leave your comments in our satisfaction survey, and use to tell you that their disagreements are to be included in our continuous improvement actions.

We hope for your future visit, we can assist you with the care and professionalism we have in our staff and allow you to fully enjoy our facilities.

Likewise, I apologize for the inconvenience presented during their stay in our hotel.

Thank you for choosing us as your choice of rest in Bogotá.

Until next time.

MANAGEMENT

Been to Hotel Augusta? Share your experiences!