“A life saver!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Mc Georgies Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bogota
Casa Mc Georgies Hostel
carrera 3 13-89 | la Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia (La Candelaria)   |
Ranked #60 of 219 Bogota B&B and Inns
Asia
“A life saver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I turned up here after the hostal I was staying at turned into a night club and it was the second night that things had been, frankly, a nightmare. It was cold, noisy and chaotic. George saved my sanity! This hostal is warm, both the temperature and the warm welcome I got despite turning up in the middle of the night, desperate for some sleep! I stayed in the dorm, which is basic, but very clean, warm and the bed was sooo comfortable! What a relief! I slept like a baby. The next morning I had a hot shower, something that seems to be very rare here, in the excellent bathroom. George helped me sort out my plane tickets while making me a delicious breakfast. He is a brilliant host and I felt at home straight away. I cant recommend this place enough if you want some time out and to feel at home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
ddd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I spent many nights at Casa Mc Gregors, when I was in and out of Bogota. It's good because it's small so the owners take good care of you... very flexible and helpful! They responded favourably when I asked for a clothes rack since I planned to stay there for several weeks. The place is clean, comfortable and affordable. It's also in a great location! Free wifi in the rooms too. I'm going back to Casa Mc Georgie's in 2 months!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place was a great find and another good value option in Bogota. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are basic but clean and very comfortable with cable TV. Another bonus is that breakfast is included. I also understand that the owner was on the verge of opening another hostel nearby.

I would definitely return here when I come back to La Candelaria.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Casa Mc Georgies Hostel? Share your experiences!