“Two wonderful tours with Edgar!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 86 Activities in Bogota
St. George's, Grenada
4 attraction reviews
“Two wonderful tours with Edgar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in Colombia and I highly recommend Edgar as a tour guide. He is very personable, knowledgeable, and arranged the tours to our liking. As previous reviewers have noted, Edgar's city tour and Salt Cathedral tours are fascinating. I contacted other tour companies in Bogota and only Explora Bogota offered the personal, detailed tours we were looking for. Thanks Edgar for a terrific time!

Visited November 2012

Oswestry, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“A five star tour with a five star guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

City tour and Zipaquira salt mines with a really nice family of four from Chile and myself from Wales. Can't speak too highly of Edgar, he ticks all the boxes. The tour included Montserrat, Botero Museum, Gold Museum, walking tour of Candelaria and Bolivar Square and surroundings. We had a light lunch and drove to Zipaquira. The salt mines are interesting and definitely worth a visit. Ignore any negative comparisons with the salt mines in Poland as the two are totally different. Edgar is knowlegeable and he is very good at his job. We never felt rushed at any time. Edgar is good company, has a good sense of humour and is a really nice guy.

Visited May 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Wonderful Day with Edgar!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

My brother and I just returned from a 9 day trip to Columbia. We had one long day in Bogota prior to a departure for home the following day. We booked a "City Tour" and Zipaquirá Village / Salt Mine Cathedral tour. What a wonderful day. We could not have hoped for a better guide than Edgar. He picked us up at the airport at 10:30 a.m. and dropped us at our Hotel at 9:30 p.m. He also recommended a delightful place for dinner and even joined us. A truly wonderful day with an excellent Columbian Guide. Don't miss an opportunity to spend some time with Edgar visiting the heart of Columbia!!!

Visited January 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
“Edgar was INCREDIBLE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I really cannot say enough about how wonderful of a guide Edgar was to us! My husband and I spent three days in Bogota on our Colombian vacation and we did two full day tours with Edgar. I would honestly have paid twice as much as he charged because it was that amazing.

The first day we went to Guatavita, La Calera, and the Salt Cathedral, up in the mountains around Bogota. This trip was spectacular and the scenery is can't miss! We got to see a completely different area of Colombia. Edgar is totally fluent in English and knew so much about the areas. My husband and I usually drive around ourselves when we travel and we kept saying that there would have been so much we would have missed if weren't with Edgar.

The second day we did a full day trip in Bogota which included a trip to Monte Serrate, Museum de Oro, and Museum de Botero. The best part was that everywhere we went Edgar knew everyone and he took us to a couple of surprise places that we would never have even known about, let alone been able to get into.

Edgar was really great from the first time I contacted him weeks before we even arrived. He was so informative and answered all of my questions, not just about Bogota and our trips, but anything I had questions about regarding Colomobia as a whole. When I told him what hotel we were planning on staying at he said he had never heard of it and actually went by there himself well before we arrived to check it out and make sure it was a good place to stay, without me ever asking him to do so! What other tour guide have you ever heard of doing something so nice?

I just really cannot say enough about Explora Bogota and Edgar. I promise, you will not be disappointed!

Visited December 2011
Coral Gables, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant in Bogotá”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We had 2 full days of competent, entertaining and insightful guiding in and around Bogotá with Edgar in the last days of 2011.

Everything worked really well from the pickup at our hotel to language and Edgar's preparedness to change the itinerary at short notice, both when we had already seen some of the sights before the tour.

Highly recommend Explora Bogotá Day Tours!!

Visited December 2011