“I can't wait to return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Book Hotel

The Book Hotel
You added The Book Hotel to your Saves list
The Book Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Carrera 5 # 57-79, Bogota, Colombia (Formerly Hotel Boutique Alma)   |
Ranked #36 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Denver, Colorado
“I can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am anxiously counting the days until my return trip to Colombia and my stay at the Boutique Alma. I was there a few months ago and was very impressed with the hotel again, as has always been the case. The hotel is located on a quiet street (for Bogota) in a beautiful and historic building. Each room is unique which makes each visit a new experience.

The hotel staff has always been extremely pleasant and helpful. What impresses me most is probably the fact that the owner, Senor Inaki, takes the time to greet me and talk with me. Bogota's shear size combined with my sub par Spanish can be intimidating, but Senor Inaki and his staff go out of the way to put me at ease and provide excellent advice on maneuvering through the city.

My rooms have always been extremely clean and I enjoy the food a great deal. The pricing has always struck me as a great value.

I'm looking forward to my return!

Room Tip: The rooms in the top of the hotel are my favorite!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Really nice experience. From the lobby to the rooms you feel just like walking into your best friend's huge home!! Nice and absolutely clean and clear room!! The manager and his staff quite cool! Very nice and respectful. The food was just very local: simple but good. The lunch time I had with a partner turno out to be just a family one looking.
The place is well located. Close to the financial area of 'calle 72' and despite the bumper to bumper traffic nearby the hotel, I found easy and secure to walk the areas close to the hotel. I sure will come back to this placed in a new opportunity.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Warm employees, great service. Close to carrera 7. Easy acces to everything. Taxis. Also you can use their choufer. Great experience. Ill recomend it. Tremendo calido personal. Te asesoran en todo. Muy buen trato. Claro q regreso.
Habitaciones comodas. Limpio. Buen desayuno. Feels like home.

• Stayed May 2012
Bornheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I only spent two days in Bogota and I'm happy to have found this boutique hotel. The room was spacious, the staff very helpful (though not all of them spoke English, that's something you have to expect, at least at the reception and in service areas). The room I had ("Junior Suite Elegant") was quite spacious and absolutely nice furbished. The bath was ok. Just the carpet showed some stains, that's something they should have taken care of. It's location wasn't anything to call central but then taxis in Bogota aren't too expensice and it prooved to be a quiet area. I can recommend it and the breakfast was made to order.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Again, it is dificult to find a good pet freindly hotel. Hotel Alma is a small hotel with charm, great bathrooms where my pets and me felt welcomed in a place that felt like home. Good proce value hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights at the end of a long trip throughout Colombia (having stayed in Candelaria at the beginning of our trip). We had one of the rooms (new?) that faces the small courtyard on the first floor. This was a slight downside as we had some noise late one night when neighboring guests were talking loudly outside and coming up and down the outside stairway. For this reason, inside higher floor rooms may be a better choice. But it really didn't deter our enjoyment of our stay. The room was newly decorated. Bed was wonderful. Shower in new bath was fabulous - best on our trip. It was cool in the room, but not a problem once we were under the cozy comforter - and a space heater was provided. Wi fi was great. Included breakfast was nice and served quickly. We also ate two simple dinners here. It's not a big dinner operation - you order what chef is cooking that night. But we had nicely prepared reasonably priced dinners both nights (we got lazy) - fresh nicely cooked fish, nice veggies. The dining area has both indoor and outdoor options. Desk and bar staff were young and enthusiastic - some English spoken as well. We liked the neighborhood. Quiet and convenient. While there are not many restaurants in the immediate area - there are many about 10 blocks away on 69th to 72 or so. We walked that distance in the early eve and felt perfectly comfortable. Plenty of people out and about.
Would obviously be a very easy cab ride. Hotel arranged airport transport for us at a reasonable price as well. All worked out perfectly. Nice lobby, interesting art!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in September and it was a fantastic experience. It was reasonable priced, the hotel was very clean, there was modern art in the lobby and the staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is located in a nice area and is an incredible value! Would recommend it and will stay there again if I return to Bogota!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Book Hotel? Share your experiences!