“very nice place to stay. quiet neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Book Hotel

The Book Hotel
You added The Book Hotel to your Saves list
The Book Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Carrera 5 # 57-79, Bogota, Colombia (Formerly Hotel Boutique Alma)   |
Ranked #36 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Arlington, Virginia
“very nice place to stay. quiet neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

nice place to stay quiet neighborhood. great service. close to cra septima.(main street )

nice beds

comfy.

one down side was carpet needs to be updated. stains everywhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Pretty hotel with good location. I don't speak Spanish and they spoke some English. Rooms were modern and clean. I would definitely stay here again. Beware that here is no heat.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed for three nights at this hotel. I tried it because it had great reviews. I agree with other reviewers that the rooms were cozy and the bathroom was nice. The location is relatively safe as well. However, I also disagree with them. First, the guys in charged of the front desk looked like they were new. They were inefficient and not very professional. Since I speak Spanish, I was addressed using "Tú", which I find extremely annoying (they did not know me, and yet they were talking to me as if we were pals). Second, there are no activities or variety of restaurants within walking distance. If you want to get a break of the Italian restaurant next door you have to take a taxi, because even though the area is safe, I would not walked at night far beyond the 7th Ave. Third, the breakfast was good, but it took them a while to get their act together. It took me more than 50 minutes to finish my breakfast. It seems that there is only one cook and the guy at the reception is the waiter as well.

In summary, I think that this hotel is still a good option, but they need to be more efficient and professional.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed 6 nights
Great service, nice clean room
Just great

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hojancha, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We made a reservation, but when we arrived, they had no space for us. They tried to help us find another option (at Midnight), but the only options they gave us were twice the price we had already paid with our credit card to them. In the end, we just wanted to leave and find another place, but they couldn't even call us a taxi to leave. In the moment when they realized we couldn't stay there with them and we didn't want one of their choices of hotels, they pretty much kicked us out. As owner of a travel agency, I would never recommend the hotel because of the service we received by hotel staff, and certainly not for my clients looking for good service.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My friend and I stayed here 5 nights while on business. The staff are so nice and pleasant and many went out of their way to show us the hospitality and the true culture of Colombia. The area is quaint, quiet and very colonial. Rooms were clean and neat and very modern. Wireless internet and use of computer made this even move like home away from home. Angelo, Belqui, Alejandro, Carlos the van driver, Nelvis, and Gladiz were great. If and when I come back to Bogota, I will stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Our stay at Hotel Boutique Alma was very nice, but not the best place that we stayed during our trip. The Hotel is beautiful and very modern with a lot of art on the walls. The room was spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. Everything was clean and comfortable. The location is in a fairly good place with easy access to the bus system and many restaurants close by. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and their dining area well decorated. The staff are very nice, but not as helpful as we would have liked. They tried to overcharge us during checkout and were not willing to work with us around our travel schedule. Overall, this hotel is very nice and has a very upscale feel to it. Our personal preference is to stay in a place that has a more traditional feel but can see how many people would enjoy their stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Book Hotel? Share your experiences!