“Nice Hotel in the Zona Rosa” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Confort 80 Sede Lago
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 16 a # 79-85, Bogota 11001, Colombia   |
Ranked #120 of 229 hotels in Bogota
Arlington, Texas
“Nice Hotel in the Zona Rosa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a nice but smaller hotel in the Zona Rosa near the Atlantis and Andino malls. The staff were very friendly and accommodating but English is limited. If you speak basic Spanish then you will be fine. The area is vibrant as there are many restaurants, casinos, discos and street vendors in the area. I had no problems at all and the people in the street don't actually bother you except for trying to get you to buy something or asking you to enter their businesses. If you do not wish to participate, a simple "no gracias" will suffice. As mentioned in the other reviews, the higher floors do offer a little more serenity but it is a vibrant area so noise will be a factor. But hey, that's the charm of the Zona Rosa, it's very alive and animated without being intimidating.

Room Tip: Rooms awy from the street and on higher floors are your best bet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HotelConfor, General Manager at Hotel Confort 80 Sede Lago, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest;

We are pleased to know your good experience in our beautiful city, hope to have the privilege to to welcome you again.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The rooms here are great - spacious, great linen, good showers, decent decor. The staff are extremely nice and helpful and the breakfast is decent. Some of the rooms are quite noisy, so bring earplugs. There is a car park next door so you can hear lots of car alarms going off throughout the night. If it's the right location for you, I would highly recommended it. However, it's between half an hour and an hour in a taxi from Candellaria, which is where we wanted to be most of the time, so for me it was not an ideal location. The hotel itself though was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hoteles_Confort_80, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Confort 80 Sede Lago, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Guest;

It is our pleasure to receive your comments and to know that I enjoy our location, rooms and our beautiful city;

Sincerely;
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights - found hotel very good, staff excellent. Food was good value for money - they don't make a fuss about food in the evening but I had a good steak.. Will happily stay again next time. Two staff working the late shift very nice and attentive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

A previous reviewers title is perfect, so I made mine the same. The hotel itself is nice, the rooms are spacious, bright (mine was 305) and super clean. I was there for 3 nights and on night 2 at about 7pm, this woman knocked on my door and wanted to put snacks in the room, I told her "no thank you" (in spanish) and she kept speaking spanish to me after I told her in Spanish I do not understand her and she pushed by me into the room anyways and I was just appalled. I understand they may want to stock stuff, but the basket was full and just wasn't necessary and coming at 7pm rather than when I might be out during the day bothered me, plus I was working in the room and in the middle of it, it was just annoying. I came home one day too about 4pm and was quite hungry and they would not make anything for me for 2 hours, even though the chef was there. My reservation said breakfast was included but they they told me it was not and did not try to offer anything to help out. I worked in the service industry for years and they just have a lot to learn about good customer service over all. One of the staff seemed to understand a little english and she would translate a little tiny bit and that helped but she was afraid to use the english she knew, it was tough because I was a woman traveling alone there and they tell you in few words to not to out after 7pm and to not take a taxi from the street, so I then wanted to ask "how do I get back safely?" and i could not. Obviously I chose to travel here and it's not an English speaking country and I have to say that the frustrations caused me to begin spanish lessons on Coffee Break Spanish, which is free. Over all, I did not feel that safe to stay out in the dark, but with a friend I think it would be fine. I did read a few reviews that travellers had been mugged and held for 3-4 days and forced to empty their bank accounts, so I would just remain aware at all times. As I said, the place itself is very nice, the location is good for during the day or night if you are with others and the shopping area at Andina Mall is very high end and nice. Also in that area is a great Burrito place, they were so nice there and made an awesome Veg burrito for me to go! I wish I could remember the name of it. Also if you are working or looking for an internet spot (as I was since I was working while there), they have a coffee chain there called Juan Valdez, it's near Andino mall and next to Hard Rock Cafe and the WIFI is free and the coffee is amazing.

Room Tip: I stayed in #305, it was big and bright.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place is a good value for this above promotional price -
Nice internal decoration, spacious and amazing bed make it perfect.

For its stated price without promotion I will expect strilized bathroom, better breakfast and a better location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
São Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night only and not really found anything that discredit.
The hotel is in a great location, next to area T of bogota and 5 minutes from trendy Andres. But as a precaution and recommendation, walked only taxi the night.
The rooms are large and very clean, the service is very good (but English is not spoken).
Breakfast is served with juice, coffee, milk, bread, eggs and arepas.

Room Tip: The apartments on the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I wish I could give this hotel a better rating because I really liked the actual HOTEL but there were too many negatives to give it a better grade.

The Positives: The hotel is VERY nice. It's clean, modern, rooms are spacious, the staff is VERY polite and attentive. The breakfast was decent. My husband liked it because they make you an omelette every morning. They also had fruit and bread options. I know some people on Tripadvisor have complained about the location, but honestly, it was fine. Yes, in the evening it is very isolated but in Bogota generally if you are out and about at night you will take a taxi back to wherever you are staying so it was totally fine. In the daytime, it is full of people (near a university) and within walking distance to bus stops and a lot of other places.

The Negatives: We were given Room 201 when we checked in and it was a very nice room. It was spacious and had an adjoining sitting area with couch and coffee table. We were very pleased upon seeing our selection and immediately thought we got a great deal for what we paid for. The problem with this is that the room faces DIRECTLY in front of the street so at 5:00 A.M. I was awakened by the street traffic below. If you are a light sleeper, this can be a problem as it was for me. Keep this in mind if you are going to book this hotel... the rooms that end in "01" ex: 201, 301, etc etc will face the street and you will hear the street traffic (trucks, cars honking) at 5:00 A.M. We told the staff that this was an issue for us and they were very nice and accommodating and agreed to switch our room. We were then switched to Room 303. This room was a bit smaller than 201 as it didn't have a sitting area but it was still spacious, clean and nice. The room was on the RIGHT side of the building. The problem came on Friday night. We were out to dinner and when we came back to the hotel, there was music BLASTING from a bar a couple of storefronts from the hotel. It was SOOO loud that it felt like it was right next door. I wish it were salsa music because I would have gone dancing but it was rockish metal (unfortunately for us). In any case, the music ended at about 3:00 a.m. and needless to say we didn't get much sleep that night. So keep this in mind as well...if you are planning to be there during a weekend, DO NOT stay in the "03" rooms. I believe the "02" rooms are on the same side as well. I I'm sure the back rooms are quiet but I don't know because we checked out that Saturday morning.

To end this review, I really did like this hotel, it's just a shame that we were placed in these two rooms. If it wasn't for the street noise heard from the first room and the loud music that was heard from the second room I would have given this hotel a better rating.

Room Tip: DO NOT choose the rooms facing the street because you will hear the street traffic VERY early and if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Confort 80 Sede Lago? Share your experiences!