“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 229 hotels in Bogota
Ohio
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent service and very helpful. The concierge, however, needs to know more about information about restaurants and how to get where one needs to. Great concierge level lounge and everyone there is genuinely interested in helping guests. One disappointment was that there was a charge of ten dollars on the bill for water that was asked for at breakfast, which was included in the room rate---there was no indication that one would be charged for water and if one had eaten breakfast in the concierge lounge, there would have been no charge for water.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the JW Marriott Bogota. Please accept our apologies in regards to the mishaps you encountered with the concierge as well as the extra charge you found on your bill. Please know that we will take the action needed in order to prevent such errors from happening again. Thank you for your feedback as this is the only way we can measure and improve the service we provide.

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

In Bogota for 36 hours and had the fortune of staying at the JW. It was located in a nice area close to shops and business. The luggage and concierge staff were especially nice. My only complaint and minor one at that is that it took some time to check in. The front desk was typically busy and you had to wait not for 3-5 minutes but longer. Rooms and views stunning. I'd go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear guest,
We are glad you stayed with us during your visit to Bogota. It is great to know that the location as well as the service we pleasing to you. We apologize for the time taken to check you in, the hotel does get pretty busy on high occupancy days and we try to provide our guests with the time they need though it may sometimes take longer than expected. However, we will pay closer attention to this so that we deliver promptly as we value your time.
Thank you for your comment and for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The service was very good in general. People are service orientated and the rooms and services were flawless. The concierge service is very good as well. Having said this, the week I arrived the hotel started changing and testing the wireless connectivity in the rooms. It was very difficult to connect to the internet from the rooms. In addition, the next day from my arrival the call service to local mobiles from land lines went down as well. Television was also down for small periods of time. This happened throughout the week. I expressed my discomfort and suggested to have IT or communication upgrades during weekends and not in work days. This is mostly a hotel for business travelers and not having the basic tools to work is not acceptable. I'm not picky but for the price you pay you should not have this type of issues.

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It is nice to know that the service provided by our guests was flawless. We apologize for the inconvenience our internet upgrade caused you; we were working on a full upgrade of the Internet servers used for the WiFi service in order to offer you the best connection possible. Unfortunately, the upgrade takes 7 entire days. Because it was such a broad project we could not get it done only during the weekend. We apologize once again and hope that on your next visit to the JW Marriott Bogota you will top of the line Internet service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great hotel. Clean, safe and very friendly staff. Daniel at the concierge desk went out of his way to make this a terrific experience. HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Location was great, near a bunch of great hotels- just wish the entire city didn't shut down so early on Sunday nights.

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Bogota. We are glad you liked the hotel as well as the warmth of our associates, we will give Daniel your regards and it is great to know you had a terrific experience. Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to have you once again.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a great experience, more than what you'd expect even at that price. I don'T know if it is the Columbian factor or JW Marriott, but everyday staff were extremely friendly and helpful, room was cleaned 3 or 4 times a day, and food was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear guest,
It is great to know you had a great experience with us. We would like to know what we missed in order to have made your stay completely flawless as this is our greatest achievement. Please know it is a mixture of both factor since the high JW standards you deserve would not be possible without the warm hospitality of the Colombian people. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to hosting you again.
Cancun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

For the third time the hotel has trouble finding our reservation. After waiting for more than 45 minutes we are informed that the hotel is unable to provide us with two connecting rooms although we are traveling with children and had obviously requested this. Reluctantly we accept two adjoining rooms and discover it is impossible to sleep due to the loud music coming from a party taking place in one of the ball rooms of the hotel. Definitely not what one expects from a hotel that is supposed to be five stars.

Room Tip: Don't stay on any floor lower than the 10th if you come on Friday: you won't be able to slee...
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences caused during your stay. We do ask you to please send us the code provided to you at the moment you made the reservation through your booking channel as this will help us track the root of the problem since it was a platform external to Marriott international. Because the reservation did not come through, we had no information as to the connecting rooms you had requested thus causing the difficulty of locating the accommodation at your time of check in. Of course these are no excuses as to the outcome of your experience but they are the reasons that caused the issue. Please accept our apologies and we hope you can help us find out what caused the mishap.
Thank you for informing us about this problem that way we can keep an eye on the blind spots we might have.
Valencia, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I should probably start this by apologizing to the staff at Marriott, especially some of the staff that was there in 2012 and are no longer there. I'll get to that later...

This is without a doubt, the best Marriott I've ever stayed in. I'm a Platinum Elite with almost 1,000,000 points accumulated in stays varying from North/South America and the Middle East.

Last year I spent a lot of time in this property (not just Sep as indicated) as I was setting up a business in Colombia. I used the executive lounge as an office many times (my work hours there were 7am-12am non-stop). I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. I had meetings there (as well as in the adjacent conf room). We interviewed there...

To say that the staff was "accommodating" would be a severe understatement. They even found extension chords for our laptops so we could work all day.

Then there are "details". As a frequent traveler I know when I'm getting "airlined" (lured by points and incentives only to be nickel and dimed later). If I had a visitor arriving by car, I could sign off on it at no charge. At the lounge I most certainly went over the allowable limit for guests on several occasions and they never complained (we did pay for meals and tipped generously).

Oh, and the Marriott has the BEST internet system. You log in once on each one of your devices (I carry a laptop, a blackberry, an iPhone and an iPad) and that's it. You automatically connect everywhere in the hotel. I've yet to find another hotel that does that - Marriott or other.

I really can't say enough good things about the people and the facilities. The rooms are fantastic, the beds, the bathrooms, the indoor pool... There's a beautiful restaurant downstairs that looks like a cave with equally attentive staff.

Simply said, I no longer consider other hotels an option (and trust me, service in Colombia - in general - is above the average. The competition is tough). I have good friends in other hotels where I stayed for almost 20 years... until I found this one upon the insistent recommendation of a friend.

So I apologize to the wonderful staff for not writing this earlier (you know I was busy!). You are simply the best. I also should have written a letter to management. I hope to right my wrongs in the future in a more expedited manner.

Thank you Marriott and thank you, you wonderful staff. You made a huge difference in making my team and I feel welcome and comfortable... as well as productive! Plus, as a business hotel I can honestly say you were an integral part of the successes we later achieved.

Room Tip: no tips - they're all good unless you NEED a view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear guest,
It is so nice to read comments like yours, as it shows us we are doing something right!
Rest assured I will pass your comment onto our staff so they can all receive your warm regards. Please know that our main goal is to provide the business traveler with all they need in order to have a smooth trip. The service offered and the establishments of the hotel are oriented to, like you said, lead to future success and it is gratifying to know we were a key part in your visit to Bogota. We look forward to host you again soon and hope that your future stay be even better than the previous one.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Bogota? Share your experiences!