“Almost flawless” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 224 hotels in Bogota
Montreal, Canada
“Almost flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a great experience, more than what you'd expect even at that price. I don'T know if it is the Columbian factor or JW Marriott, but everyday staff were extremely friendly and helpful, room was cleaned 3 or 4 times a day, and food was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear guest,
It is great to know you had a great experience with us. We would like to know what we missed in order to have made your stay completely flawless as this is our greatest achievement. Please know it is a mixture of both factor since the high JW standards you deserve would not be possible without the warm hospitality of the Colombian people. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we look forward to hosting you again.

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Cancun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

For the third time the hotel has trouble finding our reservation. After waiting for more than 45 minutes we are informed that the hotel is unable to provide us with two connecting rooms although we are traveling with children and had obviously requested this. Reluctantly we accept two adjoining rooms and discover it is impossible to sleep due to the loud music coming from a party taking place in one of the ball rooms of the hotel. Definitely not what one expects from a hotel that is supposed to be five stars.

Room Tip: Don't stay on any floor lower than the 10th if you come on Friday: you won't be able to slee...
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences caused during your stay. We do ask you to please send us the code provided to you at the moment you made the reservation through your booking channel as this will help us track the root of the problem since it was a platform external to Marriott international. Because the reservation did not come through, we had no information as to the connecting rooms you had requested thus causing the difficulty of locating the accommodation at your time of check in. Of course these are no excuses as to the outcome of your experience but they are the reasons that caused the issue. Please accept our apologies and we hope you can help us find out what caused the mishap.
Thank you for informing us about this problem that way we can keep an eye on the blind spots we might have.
Valencia, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I should probably start this by apologizing to the staff at Marriott, especially some of the staff that was there in 2012 and are no longer there. I'll get to that later...

This is without a doubt, the best Marriott I've ever stayed in. I'm a Platinum Elite with almost 1,000,000 points accumulated in stays varying from North/South America and the Middle East.

Last year I spent a lot of time in this property (not just Sep as indicated) as I was setting up a business in Colombia. I used the executive lounge as an office many times (my work hours there were 7am-12am non-stop). I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. I had meetings there (as well as in the adjacent conf room). We interviewed there...

To say that the staff was "accommodating" would be a severe understatement. They even found extension chords for our laptops so we could work all day.

Then there are "details". As a frequent traveler I know when I'm getting "airlined" (lured by points and incentives only to be nickel and dimed later). If I had a visitor arriving by car, I could sign off on it at no charge. At the lounge I most certainly went over the allowable limit for guests on several occasions and they never complained (we did pay for meals and tipped generously).

Oh, and the Marriott has the BEST internet system. You log in once on each one of your devices (I carry a laptop, a blackberry, an iPhone and an iPad) and that's it. You automatically connect everywhere in the hotel. I've yet to find another hotel that does that - Marriott or other.

I really can't say enough good things about the people and the facilities. The rooms are fantastic, the beds, the bathrooms, the indoor pool... There's a beautiful restaurant downstairs that looks like a cave with equally attentive staff.

Simply said, I no longer consider other hotels an option (and trust me, service in Colombia - in general - is above the average. The competition is tough). I have good friends in other hotels where I stayed for almost 20 years... until I found this one upon the insistent recommendation of a friend.

So I apologize to the wonderful staff for not writing this earlier (you know I was busy!). You are simply the best. I also should have written a letter to management. I hope to right my wrongs in the future in a more expedited manner.

Thank you Marriott and thank you, you wonderful staff. You made a huge difference in making my team and I feel welcome and comfortable... as well as productive! Plus, as a business hotel I can honestly say you were an integral part of the successes we later achieved.

Room Tip: no tips - they're all good unless you NEED a view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear guest,
It is so nice to read comments like yours, as it shows us we are doing something right!
Rest assured I will pass your comment onto our staff so they can all receive your warm regards. Please know that our main goal is to provide the business traveler with all they need in order to have a smooth trip. The service offered and the establishments of the hotel are oriented to, like you said, lead to future success and it is gratifying to know we were a key part in your visit to Bogota. We look forward to host you again soon and hope that your future stay be even better than the previous one.
dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

spacious up-to-date rooms, excellent breakfast buffet included in many room rates. centrally located. my only problem was with the Internet connection, which was dial-up speed my first night, but the management team came to my room and installed a router for me and then it was a much better connection.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. Our apologies for the inconveniences the Internet might have caused you and we would like to let you know that we will be working on an upgrade to our Internet servers in order to offer you a much better connection on your future stays. We hope to have you with us soon and thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Bogota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent five nights at the JW. It is very well located for business travellers. Rooms are spacious with great beds and bathrooms. Service is very good. Front desk was very helpful and requests were handled promptly. Breakfast buffet is very good and restaurant is a great place to have business meetings. Will definetly comme back on next visit to Bogota.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, thank you for choosing the JW Marriott. We are glad the location of the hotel was suitable for you and that the bedroom and bathroom was according to your liking. It is great to know that we provided you with a service up to your standards and we look forward to having you with us again.
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my second stay at the JW Marriott Bogota and it matched the first. Rooms are excellent - clean, quiet and spacious. The Elite lounge is great - food, beverages and ambiance. Gym is larger than most. The outdoor patio is great to relax at night. Most importantly the staff is very helpful and focused on ensuring good service. Even with a language barrier (my spanish is limited to survival words), the staff is quick and capable and finds someone to translate if understanding is lacking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, thank you for choosing the JW Marriott on your visit to Bogota. We are glad you found our rooms suitable to your likes and that you were able to enjoy the benefits of our executive lounge. Please know that it is our pleasure to serve you which is why you find out staff going out of its way to offer you the best JW Marriott experience. We hope to have you on your next visit to Bogota and thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about your stay with us.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

When the service is great, the food is great and the condition of the hotel is great you have a magnificent property! As always our stay went great from the moment we arrived we had a wonderful junior suite and couldn't be treated better. All staff was very attentive to our needs our car was ready when we needed it and everything we asked for. We had two rooms as we brought my girlfriend's daughters with us and they were extremely impressed with everything; they called it "the best hotel ever". A very special thank you to Stephanie in the executive floor for always going above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our stay!

I definetely recommendthis hotel and God willing I will certanly return next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, it is wonderful to hear about the time you and your companions spent with us. It is our pleasure to serve you and rest assured we will pass your comment on to Stephanie. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you again. Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott and for the time you took to tell us about your experience.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Bogota? Share your experiences!