“Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

After welcoming experiences in hotels in Cartagena and Medellin, I was a little suspect when my taxi arrived and I was met not by a smiling bellhop, but by a guard with a dog to sniff my bags and another with a wand to make sure I wasn't carrying a gun. Turns out that was more of an indicator of the big city not the hotel! As soon as those formalities were completed and I stepped through the doors a very different vibe ensued. Great service from the front desk including a free upgrade to the executive floor. Very friendly and helpful bellhop named Jahir. Fun and entertaining Waite-staff at the executive lounge, completely professional with every attention to detail. Shout out to Johan the waiter for having an excellent memory. The Spa was wonderful, again, every detail was covered and (Angelica) the masseuse was top notch. Even (Alejandro) the driver they provided to take me to dinner downtown was great to chat with and did his job well. Anybody can build a nice building, which they certainly have done, but the staff is what makes this hotel stand above its competitors in Bogota. I had an early flight, and missed the breakfast, but am convinced that like everything else in the hotel, it would have been excellent.

Room Tip: The Executive floor was a nice treat
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear guest, it is a pleasure to know that our staff was as attentive as you expected. We do apologize if the guard dog might have seemed a little strange at your arrival but please know it is standard procedure as the safety of our guests is one of our main concerns. We are glad you enjoyed the benefits of the executive lounge as well as for the relaxing time at the spa. Rest assured we will pass your compliments along to our associates and we hope to have you once again on your next visit to Bogota.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have written a previous positive review about the JW Marriott in Bogota. My opinion of that hotel has changed since my last trip to Bogota.

A few months ago, I had reservations there for 2 nights, separated by a trip to Cartagena. When I arrived from the airport at about 11:30 PM, the electricity was out in all of the hotel. There was not even a back up generator to serve the basic power needs of the hotel, such as keeping emergency lighting on and keeping their computer system up.

The Marriott was sending some guests to rooms they reserved in the Hilton. The power was COMPLETELY OUT, and literally nobody could stay in it. I knew of a better hotel to stay in where I could easily get a room. I spoke with the manager and told her that I would be going to another hotel. She was friendly and said that my reservation with Marriott would be cancelled at no cost to me. When I got to the other hotel, I got a room for that night and for the 2nd night after returning from Cartagena.

Well, a month later, I had charges on my AMEX for two nights at the JW Marriott in Bogota! Now I am stuck in a lengthy dispute process trying to get those charges off my AMEX.

I travel a lot and I don't need these hassles from a hotel chain that should be much better organized than this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear guest,
We know that this previous visit did not go according to your expectations and please know that the electricity problem we encountered was out of our hands.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing you and we understand you are upset. We hope you will contact us so we may look into this issue and figure out what caused the charge, and we can fix the problem as soon as possible.
Thank you for letting us know about it and rest assured we will provide a solution.
Reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Booked ahead for this 1st class hotel in a great neighborhood of little cafe's. Excellent service by staff, contemporary styling in the room, and delicious breakfast included in rate we chose.
Would come back to this hotel

Room Tip: Book ahead
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear guest, we are glad that the service offered by our associates was pleasing to you and that the establishments such as the rooms and our breakfast were up to your standards. Thank you for choosing us in your visit to Bogota and it will be more than a pleasure to have you again.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the best hotel I've stayed in Bogota. It's just perfect! You can see below I only have positive reviews and nothing negative to comment.

Postives: Location, Security, Rooms, Service, Internet Wi-Fi, Fitness, Restaurants (just fantastic...)

Negatives: Nothing

Room Tip: If you have a chance, try to pick a room at the executive floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, it is very good to know you consider us you best choice in Bogota. It makes us really glad that you had a good experience in every aspect. Please know that is it nothing short of a pleasure to offer you the best kind of service we can give you. We hope to have you with us again real soon and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our group had a nice stay at this hotel during March of 2013. We arrived early and were fortunate that rooms were available prior to normal check-in time. My room was really nice, with a very large size, nicely appointed room, and large bed. The only issue with the room was that the TV was not working.

There is also a nice coffee shop next door to the JW Marriott for coffee in the morning.

The staff was very helpful and polite during our stay.

Room Tip: Probably all rooms are nice based on my experience at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest, it is good to know that your group had a nice experience with us. We are glad you were able to find your rooms all ready by the time of your arrival and that they were pleasing to you. We do apologize for the inconvenience the TV might have caused you and I hope you called to let us know about the issue as soon as you encountered it. Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your stay with us and we hope to have you on you next visit to Bogota.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. I don't have a bad thing to say about it.
I was here for work and wished I could stay longer. The hotel is beautiful, and the staff are super efficient. The baths are incredible.

The breakfast is pretty amazing - we also ate dinner here, which was nice, although some local choices would have made it perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guest, we would first like to thank you for choosing us during your business trip to Bogota, it is wonderful to know that we were able to offer you an efficient service making your stay that much better. Thank you for visiting our restaurants as well as enjoying the experience they offer. We hope you can visit us again with more time so you can enjoy some of the things the city of Bogota has to offer.
Hawthorne, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I, were on February 18 /19/2013, . The hotel is elegant,, the dotacion make like stay at home. All is pretty. The associates are the best of the hotel They work with passion. Principally, Johana, Sandra Hernando , Daniel, are professionals workers. Same Mr Bernardo,the taxi driver. The reception are very friendly. Was a memorable travel.

Marcos Garcia,Laura Lujan

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miguel_Belloni, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bogota, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for staying with us during your visit to Bogota. We are glad that the hotel was pleasing to you and that the passion of our associates allowed for an “exceptional experience”. Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us and we hope to have you and your husband again very soon.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Bogota? Share your experiences!