“Good room, service, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cite Hotel

You added Cite Hotel to your Saves list
Cite Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 15 N 88-10 | (Parque del Virrey), Bogota, Colombia   |
Ranked #24 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Good room, service, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Nice area, just by the Virrey Park. Everything looks new in this hotel, good bed, good atmosphere. Breakfast was not buffet (due to low occupation, they decided to have everything a la carte, included in the regular rate) You can find an exchange office 24 x 7 , 3 blocks from hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
thank you very much for your comments; is nice to know that our guests leave wanting to come back!! we look forward to see you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lisbon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Nice small hotel, with really very big and comfortable rooms. Very well located in Zona Rosa, with lots of restaurants and bars nearby.
Considering the size of the rooms, the bathrooms are surprisingly small and poor (mine, although being a superior room, did not even had bathtub). Noisy air conditioning. No room service during the night.
Very good value for money, but I would not rate it as a 5 star hotel. Still a good hotel and I may stay there again.

Room Tip: I got a room "Elegancia" which is the superior type of room (larger tha the regular ones...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments; i will find out why the room service wasnt available during your stay, because it is 24/7. Can you give me the date when this happens? it will be nice also to have the room number so we can check the air and fix it up.i will appreciate your info to improve the details you point.
Halifax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. It was very modern and new looking. The room was large and comfortable. The restaurant was also very good for the free breakfast and the two meals I had there in the evening. I also liked the location to next to Virrey Park. The employees were able to take care of me in English which is also great. The only negative is that there is not an onsite gym - you need to go to a local fitness place nearby. This was not open on Sunday night when I wanted to go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
thank you for your comments, we hope to have our gym for this year, so we look forward to have you soon back!!
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near a park with shops and restaurants nearby. The internet service really works, what makes it my favorite hotel to stay when I am on a business trip. The breakfast is good and it was included in my rate. As a great convenience to the guest, the airport transfer can be arranged at the hotel. Rooms are modern and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your opinion; we hope to have you soon with us again!!
Cuenca, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hotel is nicely located and staff is very friendly. The park is just in front of it and you can safely go jogging or for a walk. Internet was fast and breakfast ok.

But there were some details that would make this a Great hotel:

- It was pouring when I arrived and the guy with the umbrellas was protecting himself from the rain inside the lobby.

- My room was not done one of the days I was there. It appeared some random guy changed the sign I left in my door and they blamed me.

- My key stopped to work the day before I left. I had to go all the way up to my room, come down to the front desk and ask for the key to be activated again. They told that was the standard procedure. First time.

- Never had a menu on the room. A guy had to go to my room with a menu just for me to select my dish! - ????

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view to the park
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
thank you for you comments; each of them help us to improve day by day.

From now we have already take care about the bellboy and the room; about the key card, it has nothing to do with your check out date; its a matter of fact of the magnetic band that deactivates with the contact or just been nearby any magnetic source. it is a common issue at the hotel that hope can be solved asap.
about the room service menu, we just changed the options and we hope to have the menu in 8 days, so when you came back, all these things will be solved and we can offer you a very pleasant stay.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My travel buddy and I stayed in this hotel on arrival to Bogota. We used it as a jump off prior to going to the coast. We organised a transfer from El Dorado to the hotel. Our journey started off a bit slowly when my friend's luggage didn't arrive. Our transfer waited for us thankfully - they added an extra fee on for the additional hour. Once we arrived at the hotel the service given to us was excellent. We were offered drinks - this is where the love affair with Club Colombia started. They checked us in and took all our bags up to the room. Our rooms were absolutely huge. Two double beds and plenty of space to move around. The toilet/shower was really clean and again very spacey. We decided the best way to overcome jet lag was to go to Andres Carne de Res DC and the reception organised a taxi for us. Breakfast is really good - so much variety. From our hotel we also headed to Monserrate, with a taxi organised by the hotel, Sr Gonzalez was the driver - really nice guy.

The only unfortunate thing was that the swimming pool was being maintained so the whole decking area was a work site. We still managed to go up and check the views at night.

Our hotel were great in being the point of contact for the deliver of the missing piece of luggage. I used the business centre to check in and the computers didn't seem to be working so I went to reception to ask if I was doing something wrong. One of the members of staff came to help but couldn't work out what was wrong either - credit to the staff - they didn't stop until the issue was resolved - this was the general attitude in the hotel - really good service - I cannot fault it.

I would definately recommend this hotel and would return in future.

We made our booking through booking.com and the reservation stated that a 16% charge would be added to the final bill however this applies only to residents or those that have been in the country for a longer period of time.

Room Tip: On reservation we asked for a room looking onto the park.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thnaks for your feed back; each comment help us to improve day by day. It is nice to know you will like to be back, and we wait you soon!!!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near Parque 93 with lots of shops and restaurants right nearby. The internet service is the best I have found at a hotel in Bogota which is really convenient on business trips. Breakfast was great and was included in my rate. The service is great and the taxi drivers from the hotel are really nice. Rooms are modern and comfortable. I notice one comment about them being too minimalistic but I thought they just seemed very modern and liked the design alot. Nothing was missing or anything. When I stayed there my room was very noisy but there was a huge road race going on all weekend that passed by the hotel. I don't think it would be an issue in the future and would definitely stay there again. Yes it's on a busy street, but I prefer that in Bogota rather than being outside of the city. Also, I speak Spanish so not sure of any difficulties staying there if you don't.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
claudia a, Gerente at Cite Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks for your comment; we feel glad to fit your expecatations and we hope to have you with us nearby.

Been to Cite Hotel? Share your experiences!