“They treat you like family - the good kind!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charlies Place Hotel

You added Charlies Place Hotel to your Saves list
Charlies Place Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 8D # 106-84 | Barrio Chico Miranda, Bogota 1100100, Colombia (Usaquén)   |
Ranked #11 of 236 Hotels in Bogota
Raleigh, North Carolina
“They treat you like family - the good kind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Everyone at the hotel is super nice, and the location is smack in the middle of everything. Is it the Radisson? no, it's not, you are also not spending $300.00 a night to stay there. The breakfast is cooked fresh every morning and the desk staff is awesome. Tatiana at the front desk is the kind of girl you want to marry!
As far as the rooms go they are you basic hotel fair, granted I stayed in the basic room, there is a suite by I did not see it so I can't comment. Water pressure was great in the shower (VERY important to me) and room was clean, beds were OK but no great but I feel that way about every bed that's not my own so take with a grain of salt as well.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I visited my girlfriend in November of 2009 who at the time was living in north Bogota. A friend of mine recommended Charlies Place as I was looking for a moderate priced hotel. This hotel wasn't listed on Tripadvisor during my search for hotels in October. I wasn't expecting much since the surrounding hotels were priced almost double the prices I got quoted at Charlies, but I did require fast internet speed, private bathroom with hot water and a clean hotel. My expectations were vastly exceeded. Not only was the wireless internet fast but it was included in the rate along with breakfast. The room I got was what they call a standard room, which was just a tad smaller than your usual hotel standard room, but had a huge bathroom. I like taking long showers and never run out of hot water. that was nice. The hotel is very well taken care of as I always found it spotless and clean.

The place emulates a boutique hotel without all the fanciness. The lobby was ample and well laid out which I don't usually find in small hotels. This is not a fancy or elegant hotel. There is no doorman or concierge but the biggest asset this hotel has is its staff. The staff at a small hotel is crucial, and it really makes a difference. Everyone seemed preoccupied that I was having no problems. The front desk guy in the morning, I believe his name was Cisar, struggled with his english but always found a way to communicate. The manager did speak good english so I never really had a problem communicating. At night, after my gf would drop me off, I would enjoy conversing with Leonardo, the night front desk guy. He enjoyed practicing his english with me. The maids I must say do an excellent job cleaning the rooms. Sandra and Lucero, the maids, reminded me of my mom back at home. Not only would I find my clothes neatly organized and the room spotless, but they were also very sweet, caring and give the hotel that special touch of warmth you expect to find in small places.

Pros: Location is excellent. Staff is super. Pricing is unbeatable.

Cons: The hotel needs to improve in its dining menu. The menu is pretty much limited to breakfast and if you don't feel like going out for lunch or dinner, you have to order in. Breakfast was included in the rate and was ok, although a couple of times I decided to go a few blocks down to the radisson and feast on their breakfast buffet for 10 or 15 bucks. They also seem to need to improve their software system, as checkout took longer than it should. I would suggest asking for your bill to be ready the night before leaving. The hotel is located off a major avenue which is convenient for getting taxies and transportation, but you will experience a little noise.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

From the moment we arrived until the moment we departed the service was exceptional. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Our room was extremely comfortable, the bed was plush, the bath room was very large. We especially like the delicious snacks and fresh coffee available 24 hours. We were very near great dining, shopping, restaurants, the Zona Roza, everything fun. We could not have had a better experience for any price. The only way it could have been better was if we could have stayed longer. As they say "Colombia, the only risk is wanting to stay".

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

My stay in Bogota was 100% better than I ever expected. The only reason for this was my stay at Charlies Place. The hotel is spotless and rooms have been remodeled. When I arrived there was a small problem with my room and they immediately moved me to a suite and I stayed there for the remainder of my trip. There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning that is quite good. The best part of my stay was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. From the housekeeping staff to the owner. I wanted to spend a day at a nice spa and the owner of the hotel took me in his car around town to find just the right place. The hotel manager Tatiana went above and beyond to help me. She was frequently my translator and I now consider her a good friend. The only thing which is typical of most hotels, was the bed is never as comfortable as home. I would definitely recommend staying at Charlies

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Victoria, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I have stayed at Charlie's Place several times now and I can say that it feels like my home away from home when I'm in Bogota. The owner, who is around the hotel alot, is friendly, helpful and speaks great English. I think that it's the best value in Bogota considering the location, the rooms and proximity to most things that one needs including a large supermarket and malls, not to mention the tourist train. There are several nice, brand new rooms with mini fridges, etc, but even the older rooms have been recently equipped with flat screen tv's. A basic breakfast is included and I really like the fact that there's a gym located fairly close that one has free access to when staying at Charlie's Place. It seems like there are new changes every time I arrive, the latest of which is a spa jaccuzzi and it's now possible to get massages too. There isn't a pool and it's not a fancy hotel but it also doesn't come along with the higher prices of a fancier hotel. The staff speaks enough English which makes it no problem for arranging whatever is necessary, including taxi service and/or directions to local tourism spots. There are computers available for use and free wi fi which is extremly handy to have, but most importantly it's in one of the safest areas of Bogota and it's clean, secure and economical.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Bogota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Had everything I needed, internet, reasonable laundry service,good location, gym access,spa treatment,clean like a bed and breakfast and low profile.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

I truly enjoyed my recent stay at Charlie's Place and found the bi-lingual staff to be very accommodating, most willing to assist me with my endeavors and travel needs. The room was comfortable and equipped with plenty of beverages in the refrigerator as well as having cable television available. The hotel also had a business center in which I was able to check my email and conduct research studies for my job assignment while in Bogotá. In addition, I had an opportunity to get a facial at the spa located in the hotel and found the experience to be very relaxing and refreshing.

Charlie's Place has many amenities under one roof, all at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Bogotá either on business or leisure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Charlies Place Hotel? Share your experiences!