“Like visiting family.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charlies Place Hotel

Save Saved
You added Charlies Place Hotel to your Saves list
Charlies Place Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cra 8-D No 106-84 | Barrio Chico Miranda, Bogota, Colombia (Usaquén)   |
Ranked #14 of 230 Hotels in Bogota
Colorado Springs
“Like visiting family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

My stay in Bogota was 100% better than I ever expected. The only reason for this was my stay at Charlies Place. The hotel is spotless and rooms have been remodeled. When I arrived there was a small problem with my room and they immediately moved me to a suite and I stayed there for the remainder of my trip. There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning that is quite good. The best part of my stay was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. From the housekeeping staff to the owner. I wanted to spend a day at a nice spa and the owner of the hotel took me in his car around town to find just the right place. The hotel manager Tatiana went above and beyond to help me. She was frequently my translator and I now consider her a good friend. The only thing which is typical of most hotels, was the bed is never as comfortable as home. I would definitely recommend staying at Charlies

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Victoria, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I have stayed at Charlie's Place several times now and I can say that it feels like my home away from home when I'm in Bogota. The owner, who is around the hotel alot, is friendly, helpful and speaks great English. I think that it's the best value in Bogota considering the location, the rooms and proximity to most things that one needs including a large supermarket and malls, not to mention the tourist train. There are several nice, brand new rooms with mini fridges, etc, but even the older rooms have been recently equipped with flat screen tv's. A basic breakfast is included and I really like the fact that there's a gym located fairly close that one has free access to when staying at Charlie's Place. It seems like there are new changes every time I arrive, the latest of which is a spa jaccuzzi and it's now possible to get massages too. There isn't a pool and it's not a fancy hotel but it also doesn't come along with the higher prices of a fancier hotel. The staff speaks enough English which makes it no problem for arranging whatever is necessary, including taxi service and/or directions to local tourism spots. There are computers available for use and free wi fi which is extremly handy to have, but most importantly it's in one of the safest areas of Bogota and it's clean, secure and economical.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Bogota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Had everything I needed, internet, reasonable laundry service,good location, gym access,spa treatment,clean like a bed and breakfast and low profile.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

I truly enjoyed my recent stay at Charlie's Place and found the bi-lingual staff to be very accommodating, most willing to assist me with my endeavors and travel needs. The room was comfortable and equipped with plenty of beverages in the refrigerator as well as having cable television available. The hotel also had a business center in which I was able to check my email and conduct research studies for my job assignment while in Bogotá. In addition, I had an opportunity to get a facial at the spa located in the hotel and found the experience to be very relaxing and refreshing.

Charlie's Place has many amenities under one roof, all at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Bogotá either on business or leisure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I've stayed at Charlie's many times over the years, it's always been a great, friendly, and welcoming place to stay in the most convenient part of Bogota. On this last trip I couldn't believe all the changes, new (gigantic) rooms, a killer new lobby, and best of all a new Spa. The wife went nuts, all without jacking the prices.
The truth is that I would stay at Charlie's Place anyway, for many reasons, but the best hotel value in Bogota just got better.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

This is a newly renovated small hotel located in north Bogota a short walk near to Uzequen and a five mil peso taxi ride to parque 93. The rooms are comfortable tasteful clean and spacious. Breakfast is included and unlike a buffet breakfast like most other hotels the breakfast meal is prepared especially for you the way you like and what you like. The hotel has a bar attached to the hotel with dance floor with pool table. There is no gym on site but unlike other hotels that say they have fitness facilities but really offer a small room with old or broken equipment the hotel provides a day pass to Hard Body gym which is just a short walk away and I could get in a good workout. What makes Charlies Place is the excellent staff that goes out of their way to make your stay comfortable and because it is a small hotel they know who you are. I felt very much at home.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Charlies Place Hotel? Share your experiences!