“Candelaria Convenience at Chorro de Queveda” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chorro de Quevedo

You added Chorro de Quevedo to your Saves list
Chorro de Quevedo
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Calle 12 b bis a n. 1-53 | Barrio La Candelaria Centro, Bogota, Colombia   |
Ranked #13 of 254 Bogota B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Candelaria Convenience at Chorro de Queveda”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

There are two different buildings for the Churro de Queveda, and though we reserved at one for which we'd seen pictures of the rooms, when we arrived at 1am after a flight from Dallas, we were directed to the second location up the tiny, cobblestoned street. It's pretty typical at smaller hotels/b&b's in Bogota, but our room was on the third floor, and no elevator meant carrying a couple of pretty heavy bags up the stairs. The room was large and bright, and had a good sized bathroom - though the cold to tepid water came as a surprise. Not sure I can ever get used to that! The breakfast area shares space with the office, though there's also a tiny outdoor patio as well. The breakfast tables were full both mornings, and we shared a table with the office laptop for one. Why just "ok" rating? Overall, pretty expensive for minimal luxury and cold showers. Loved the location though, easy walking to discover Candelaria and to the Plaza de Bolivar.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue, don't reserve here as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We stayed in this B&B for a week in October 2014. Massimo was helpful and provided excellent customer service, as did his staff. He also helped arrange airport pickup and drop-off which was very easy and for a great price. Definitely better than hiring a city cab, which often have trouble 'finding' the hotel and drive you all around the city 'looking' for it. Breakfast was served promptly every morning and consisted of fresh fruit, fresh juice, eggs, croissants and coffee. The evening staff often offered hot tea that was enjoyed in the common area. The staff helped arrange private day-trips outside of Bogota and the tours were well priced and offered excellent value. We had the top level loft room - a large, open space with a funky loft area with a glass roof - for a few pesos more, it is totally worth it. There is a narrow, winding staircase to the top floor - best to bring backpacks rather than heavy, rolling luggage. Definitely bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper - noise from the streets, dogs barking, etc can be heard in the room, but the main floor bedroom is pretty quiet when the door was shut. This is just the sounds of the city and should be expected. Bogota is a lively city and this B&B is in a young, quirky, hipster/artsy-type neighbourhood. The B&B is highly secure and you are let in by a staff member no matter what time. There are plenty of bars and markets close by with a central square only a few steps out of the B&B, where local music plays and crowds gather. This B&B has a lot of character and we were certainly happy we chose to make it our home in Bogota.

Room Tip: Choose the Granadillo Room (top floor). Do not choose the room on the main floor, beside the breakfa...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

this is a lovely little boutique bed and breakfast that is situated on a quiet street that is a ten minute walk from the center of the historic district of bogota. you can easily walk to the gold museum, the museum botero and plaza de simon bolivar which is the main historic square. my room was interior and so was absolutely silent all the time. the rooms are decorated in in a lovely rustic traditional manner. and there is a decent breakfast served.

Room Tip: as is always the case interior rooms are quieter than rooms on the street but the street itself is r...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

I stayed in the Granadillo Suite in Chorro de Quevedo B & B for two nights which came to $170 US Dollars, an amount I believed expensive but reasonable given the location. When I arrived, there was no one at reception to help me carry my heavy bags up the steep winding staircase. I lugged my two heavy suitcases up to the penthouse suite by myself - both difficult and irritating given the price. The space was beautiful but very ill-equipped. Even though it said it included a kitchen, don't be fooled the kitchen only had a fridge, 2 plastic forks, 2 plates and one bowl. Additionally, most of the lights didn't work which made it difficult in the evenings to see. The neighborhood had a blackout and the hostel was not equipped for this, meaning I had to pack my bags in the dark with little help from the staff. Additionally the manager was not present for the duration of my stay to help me with these small inconveniences. When I mentioned these to the manager in an email after my departure, he was incredibly unprofessional despite my very polite manner. He was confrontational and thought his own opinions were more important than my own; perhaps our conceptions of good customer service differ?! I feel that when a customer is justifiably complaining, the manager should do everything he can to satisfy the paying client. I felt he was too emotionally attached to his business to be professional and understanding in dealing with my complaint and even felt emotionally blackmailed at certain points. On a positive note, aside from the manager, the rest of the staff were very pleasant and treated me well. Additionally the breakfast was delicious and the design of the B & B was stylish and cool. DO NOT STAY HERE unless you are willing to receive a relentless stream of emotional and childish emails from the management if you write them a justified bad review.

Room Tip: All the rooms only have a curtain separating from the winding staircase meaning that you have little...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

It's really like a private apartment on two levels, bright and pretty, filled with plants, lots and lots of space, quiet, great views. The kitchen and dining area is cosy, except there is no cooking facility. (A little stovetop burner or a microwave would be a nice addition.) The immense glass rooftop, mentioned by many others, is quite stunning. Friendly service and nice breakfast. Several convenience stores and bakeries within a couple of blocks.

The place is on the edge of La Candelaria and the neighborhood is obviously dicey (as in drug dealing and street crime). It seems ok to go out during Friday and Saturday nights (which we did) when the streets are lively until late at night, but not otherwise. During the day one should be careful as well, but common sense goes a long way. We really enjoyed our time in what is clearly the most interesting and historically important neighborhood of Bogota. La Candelaria feels like a real neighborhood, it has an ancient small-town feel in the midst of this big sprawling city. I would not have wanted to stay elsewhere. But then again it's not likely I will ever want to come back to Bogota.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

After reading so many reviews, my friend and I decided to make a reservation in this hotel. I call them(for me is an international call), and the woman who picked up the phone told me they only make reservations through e-mail. She also said they would respond the very same day to confirm. So, I sent them an e-mail on June 15 to make my reservation for the next month, and again several days later... Up to this day, I have not received any e-mail on their behalf.

Nevertheless, we found a real hotel near the place we wanted to see... with ethical, attentive and professional staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

At first, I struggled to find the place, but once I found it, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms. Plenty of hot water, nice big beds, TV, everything you need. Breakfast is great and the staff is super helpful. This is a great place to explore Bogota on a budget.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Chorro de Quevedo? Share your experiences!