“Very nice and convenient to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 238 Hotels in Bogota
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice and convenient to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Normally I stay at the JW in town, but due to last minute plans there was no availability. Also, because I had a 6:50 AM departure, this seemed like a good alternative. This hotel is 10 minutes from the international airport.

This is a very nice and new hotel. Very elegant and modern lobby and well appointed. The cost seemed a bit high ($300), but this is likely relative to occupancy rates in Bogota during my trip. It was also quiet even though it is close to the airport. Taxis are readily available and not that expensive into town ($12-14).

I was upgraded and my room was very modern with all of the amenities of the JW - internet, coffee pots, comfortable beds, mini bar, nice bathroom, Wi-Fi. The only minor nitpick when comparing to the JW, the shower is also the bathtub, whereas the JW offers separate bath and shower.

They also have a nice lounge on the 10th floor for those with access. I got there around 9:30 PM and there was no food, but I was able to have a glass of wine. The service was good and there is lots of staff to support you.

I ate at the sushi bar, which is a nice big and lively room and they had a duet singing and playing live. It was nice. The food and service at the sushi bar was adequate, but not great. They had a gap with my food of 7-8 minutes between my sashimi and my sushi rolls. Not the end of the world, but not great. Also, the rolls that I ordered had rice that was very dry in them. It really distracted from the quality. I would rate this experience 2.5 out of 5. The server was nice but didn't seem to recognize the delay in delivering my two dishes. I had to ask. He was very nice and called me politely by my name.

Overall, I liked the hotel and would definitely stay there again as needed. My preference is still the JW because of the proximity to the city, but this is an excellent place if you need to be close to the airport for an early or late flight.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good morning,

First, we want to thank you for taking the time to give all your comments about the services that you experienced. We are so glad to hear that for location reasons you stayed with us, this was a great opportunity to show you our facilities and services.

It´s very rewarding for us to have guests like you, that always give us your specific points of view to help us improve our quality in all services. We will review your comments about Tanoshii bar to correct procedures that help us to have a faster service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Because our stay in Bogota was a short one, we were not able to experience all the services. However the services provided by the restaurant, front desk, shuttle services and tapas bar were all excellent and staffed with kind and friendly employees. Special kudos to the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2014
Good morning,

We are so glad to hear your comments. It´s a pleasure for us you have enjoyed your last stay and services like the buffet breakfast. All your comments keep us doing the best to improve the services.

Thank you and we hope you stay with us in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently stayed at this Hotel, it as always was a good stay, friendly staff, quick check in and out and the dinning options are also very good. I got a sense that they are understaffed on bell man only thing that I would encourage the hotel to improve

Stayed July 2014
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you experienced a quick check in and check out. We are reviewing the issue with bell man service to ensure this service is always available.

We hope attend you in a future stay.

Best regards,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Seems that the hotel is brand new. Very nice, clean, modern, and the help is top notch. I stay in Marriotts all over the world, and this is one of the nicest I have stayed in. It is very close to the airport, but not too far from the Centro of Bogota.

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to hear your comments. This is our mission, that you always have the best experience with the better facilities in the city.

Hope you stay with us again to have the pleasure to assist you.
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our travel agent had booked us into a downtown hotel (party of a global chain), but it proved less fit for business travel all while not exactly being in the safest neighborhood. Transferring to the Marriott Bogota was like entering an oasis. Friendly staff and all well equiped to make our business trip a success. Though I prefer to eat out, the choices at Marriott (and lack of time on our side) lead us to try some of their restaurants. Good food.
The "even better if" would be to speed-up the service time at the restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Elias,

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad to see that you were surprised when came to the hotel, this is our mission, make you feel that you have entered to a place where you can find all that you hoped.

Thank you also for letting us know your opinion about the service times in the restaurants, it's something that we are working on.

We hope you stay with us in the future,
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This must be one of the best Marriott Properties I have ever stayed in. My first visit was 3 years ago and I was impresse that the property still looks as sharp or better that my last visit. Wll definately stay here again if I go back to BOG.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr.Wilhelm,

We are so glad to hear your comments about our hotel. It is a pleasure for us to ensure that every time you stay with us you see the hotel in a better condition. Thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you in a future stay.

Best regards,
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is top notch! Staff bend over backwards to make sure your stay is perfect, the rooms are very modern and clean and the Bath and Body works toiletries were a nice surprise. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had, including made to order eggs. There is a nice indoor lounge/bar area and also an outdoor lounge area sitting alongside a beautiful pond.

Security is tight all over this neighborhood, which I thought was nice to see. Every time you walk into the hotel they wave a wand over your body and have a dog sniff your bag/purse. A couple of us walked all over this area and never felt anything but completely safe!

Highly recommend this hotel... you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
General_ManagerBOG, General Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
It is a pleasure for us to hear these comments about our hotel. We work very hard to give you the best service and it is imperative for us all the security procedures to make you feel very comfortable and secure. Thank you so much and we hope to serve you in the future.

Been to Bogota Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!