“Excellent stay in Bogota Colombia” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 229 hotels in Bogota
“Excellent stay in Bogota Colombia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On business in Bogota Colombia for 3 days. Excellent hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. Everyone had a sincere smile on their face and were quick to assist me. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Security was excellent. Location is perfect for business and there are many excellent venues nearby for meals and entertaining.

I expect to stay here on future business trips to Bogota.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you have lived the experience of being in Marriott Bogota. Our excellent staff is always ready to help you and assist you in all your needs. Thank you again for writing and we hope to see you soon in our hotel.

610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Close to the International Airport, great shuttle service, and an overall first class facility. This hotel makes my arrival into and my departure from Bogota a snap.

First class Hotel, great staff, and convenient. What more could a business traveler want?

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Quality_ManagerBOG, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear James,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to have customers with unforgettable experiences. Marriott Bogota is always caring about comfort and excellent service to our customers stay. Hope to see you back soon.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Bogota for a total of six nights at the beginning and end of our two week trip around Colombia. Although the purpose of our trip was leisure, we found the hotel to be perfect for our stay. The convenient shuttle service helped us get to/from both the international and domestic terminals at Bogota's nearby airport. The staff was helpful, especially Geraldine in the concierge office, who made our stay such a pleasure. The concierge lounge included a very nice breakfast every morning and tasty snacks in the evening, and the staff was attentive and helpful. The room itself was very comfortable for two (especially the bed), and the bathroom was nice and spacious.

The hotel is located in a quiet business district a short ride out of the center of town. When going to other sites around Bogota, we found the nearby Transmilenio to be the most convenient form of transportation, since secure taxis would take a very long time to arrive at the hotel. It is also possible to walk to a limited number of attractions nearby, including Gran Estacion, a nice shopping mall about 10-15 minutes away.

All in all, we had a great stay. We hope to have the opportunity to stay at this property again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elan,
Thank you, we feel very flattered with your review. We are proud to have happy guests in our hotel. Marriott Bogota is a suitable place for all kind of travelers and thereby we dispose our best service for all of them. Our helpful staff is one of our main qualities and Geraldine will be completely proud to read your review. Besides, I would recommend you to try the delightful food of our restaurant Pimento in your next visit. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon in our hotel.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

A business trip to Bogota saw me staying at the Bogota Marriott for over two weeks. Staying in a hotel for an extended length of time can be a bit tedious, however I can say that the staff and facilities at the Marriott made this a very pleasant experience overall. From the cheerful service from Erika and the other staff at the extensive breakfast buffet, the well equipped fitness centre, comfortable public areas, immaculately clean rooms and a location that offered numerous restaurants and shopping areas in clean, modern and safe area, I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to others and hope I get the opportunity to stay there again.

Room Tip: I was with a group of colleagues staying in different areas of the hotel. no one had negative comme...
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing Marriott Bogotá. We are glad to have length stay guests in our hotel; they are as valuable as all of our customers. Our service and our comfort are designed to make you feel like at home. It is a pleasure for us that you enjoyed our amenities and I advise you to relax a long business journey in our spa in your next stay. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back in our hotel.
Galicia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been using Marriott hotels for the last 3 years in Europe, North and South America.
This is probably the best one considering its price range. This was my second time in this hotel.
Absolutely perfect if you need to stay near the airport or in Salitre Business Area, a little bit far from the City Center.
Neighborhood is nice enough, with many cafes and restaurants within walking distance.
Hotel staff are the nicest and more professional I have ever met, from front desk to fitness center, to shuttle drivers to security.
Thank you so much for your excellent work and for beign so kind.
It´s a Marriott, so you have to pay for the internet, but I´d rather prefer to pay and have a good connection than have a lousy one for free as it happens quite often.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We try very hard to provide our guests with the best possible service and product and reviews like yours help us understand that we are achieving our goal. I'm glad you consider our hotel one of the nicest comparing it to hotels in other great destinations. Hope to see you back in our hotel during your next visit to Bogota.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hotel is located near the airport and is in a business park. The rooms are modern and are average size. Super fast in-room internet and great executive lounge. Beds are super soft, which I liked but maybe too soft for those who prefer a firm mattress. Provides a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport which was the only issue I experienced at this hotel. You need to notify the hotel to request airport pick-up. However, no email is provided. I called the hotel the day before, and was instructed to email my flight details. I asked for confirmation or to send instructions on where/when to pick-up the shuttle. Was told that shuttle could not be arranged as it was complimentary with no instructions at all. Really frustrating process, so I just decided I would take a taxi to the hotel. Surprisingly, upon arrival, there was a person with a Marriott sign with my name on it. However, I waited an additional 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. Marriott should provide clearer instructions on the entire process. It would have been easier and faster to take a taxi. Taxi's are cheap in Bogota and the hotel is only a few miles away from the airport. Was not happy with that process after a long flight. But the service and quality at the hotel made-up for the mishap. I would chose this hotel again if I need to be near the Bogota airport. Just a note, there is a security check with dogs that sniff you bags each time you enter the hotel. But this is the case at all mid/high end hotels in Bogota. It is quick and efficient and the dogs are calm and well-behaved.

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are glad that you appreciate the quality of our rooms and our service; our value purpose is to offer you an amazing rest in our hotel. It is a shame that you could not fix your shuttle from the airport and we will make the appropriate changes to make of your next stay an experience even better. Marriott Bogota is always thinking on the well-being and comfort of our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have just returned to London from a great experience staying at the Bogota Marriott Hotel. For a person who speaks no Spanish, from the start (being met at El Dorado A/P) to finish (being dropped off at same A/P) I received excellent service at all times. At no time was language a problem. My visit was purely a personal visit to see Bogota and the Hotel's location for me was excellent. I always had a very good start to my day with a buffet-style breakfast with a wide choice of food. The Reception Team was always knowledgeable about places to visit and after my day away from the Hotel to return to eat in the Italian Restaurant or Sushi Bar was ideal for me. Without exception, every member of staff was extremely helpful. My room was of a very high standard and immaculately cleaned each day ensuring very restful sleep in an ultra quiet atmosphere. I am full of praise .. this from a person who travels all over the world. Thank you Bogota Marriott. Top Notch. !!!

Room Tip: Trust the Marriott Hotel brand. Every room will be to a very high standard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
juanpie, Manager at Bogota Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear David
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and review the hotel. I'm so glad you received the customer service you expected. We prid ourselves in our associates / hosts, and our priority is that our guests feel appreciated and welcome.
Hope to see you back soon.

Been to Bogota Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!